PDA

View Full Version : 48minutes of Hell: Spur's are tired?

jjktkk
03-12-2012, 01:04 AM
A practical reason for the Spur's recent slump maybe? Good take ,imo, on Duncan's minutes this year

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2-3-is-tired

timvp
03-12-2012, 01:23 AM
The Spurs have played something like six games in the last 20 days. If they're tired now, what's going to happen in the upcoming stretch where they play six games in eight days?

IMO, "tired" isn't a valid excuse right now since the Spurs are in their least taxing stretch of the entire season. An excuse that they are a bit discombobulated due to all the players returning from injury is much more believable.

spectator
03-12-2012, 01:58 AM
i read the article that 48moh is referencing and it brings up a good point - the spurs play a horrific 16 games in 24 nights IIRC - which has to involve at least 2-3 days of rest, for duncan/the big 3. i hope our record affords it.

Fireball
03-12-2012, 04:40 AM
I have enough of that "are they tired" or "they need more rest" crap. Timmy played better during the tough stretch. He was in a groove and gave everything every night which seemed to suit him better than getting so much rest as he did the seasons before.

DMC
03-12-2012, 07:16 AM
Tired is certainly not a valid excuse for professional athletes who are just running up and down a court shooting a basketball. If it was the Tour de France, I might consider it.

Horse
03-12-2012, 07:26 AM
They are not tired, they did this is the beginning of the season if you remember. They lost games by making silly unforced errors like the denver game and certainly like the clipper game and that was without Parker. 12 missed free throws, countless easy misses and silly turnovers. They'll be fine just need to get back in a groove the ASG screwed their momentum.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-12-2012, 09:09 AM
If this is the case then this team is f*cked come playoff time. There's already going to be enough stress just to make sure everyone is healthy, let alone not being winded. I believe this year's playoffs will feature at least one b2b in the first round.

The signs aren't looking good.

TJastal
03-12-2012, 09:21 AM
I have enough of that "are they tired" or "they need more rest" crap. Timmy played better during the tough stretch. He was in a groove and gave everything every night which seemed to suit him better than getting so much rest as he did the seasons before.

Let's not deprive Pop of his tinkering ways, he has 4 rings you know by golly. He's not going to just sit back and watch the team keep winning games without letting somebody know about it either.

GSH
03-12-2012, 09:40 AM
The last 3 games, the Spurs have been terrible at getting the 50/50 balls. You could make a pretty good case that getting to the loose balls would have been enough to win the Denver game.

I will admit that they have been playing like they are tired. But they had the ASB to rest, and then they have had a creampuff schedule since. No travel. Days off between all the games. This stretch would be a relative soft spot in a normal season. No - they don't get a pass for being tired right now. But when a team just keeps getting beaten to loose balls? Yeah, something is wrong.

Texas_Ranger
03-12-2012, 09:40 AM
so are the other 29 teams. It's like if someone on this team plays over 30 minutes everyone thinks he'll die the next game.

TJastal
03-12-2012, 09:50 AM
The last 3 games, the Spurs have been terrible at getting the 50/50 balls. You could make a pretty good case that getting to the loose balls would have been enough to win the Denver game.

I will admit that they have been playing like they are tired. But they had the ASB to rest, and then they have had a creampuff schedule since. No travel. Days off between all the games. This stretch would be a relative soft spot in a normal season. No - they don't get a pass for being tired right now. But when a team just keeps getting beaten to loose balls? Yeah, something is wrong.

I remain convinced that the forfeit game to the blazers took something out of their swagger and confidence. There's really no other explanation that makes sense. You might be able to argue that Manu's return threw off the team if Manu would have come back playing like shit, but that's simply not the case.

bklynspursfan
03-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Tired? If anyone should be tired it would be Parker. No one else is playing a lot of minutes. If this team played defense, and slowed the game down, and stopped scoring/giving up so many points, they might not be so tired. (if that is the reason)

crc21209
03-12-2012, 10:05 AM
They're not tired. No team can use that excuse, especially this season. I think it has more to do with the fact that Pop needs to start settling on a damn consistent rotation now. Im tired of seeing James Anderson and Matt Bonner as the first 2 guys off the bench when it should be Manu/Kawhi and Splitter as the first 2 off the bench. Stop with the weird Ford-Green-RJ-Blair-Bonner type of lineups in the beginning of 4th quarters as well, we all know theres no way in hell we're going to win meaningful games when it counts with line-ups like that...

TJastal
03-12-2012, 10:16 AM
They're not tired. No team can use that excuse, especially this season. I think it has more to do with the fact that Pop needs to start settling on a damn consistent rotation now. Im tired of seeing James Anderson and Matt Bonner as the first 2 guys off the bench when it should be Manu/Kawhi and Splitter as the first 2 off the bench. Stop with the weird Ford-Green-RJ-Blair-Bonner type of lineups in the beginning of 4th quarters as well, we all know theres no way in hell we're going to win meaningful games when it counts with line-ups like that...

According to the ST "experts" starting lineups and rotations don't matter, all that counts is who closes out the game.

The thinking goes apparently that everyone is the same shape and should all fit together and if they can't it's their fault.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2012, 10:17 AM
lol

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2012, 10:18 AM
wgaf if they are tired, playoffs there are breaks in between game day...

thispego
03-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Tired is certainly not a valid excuse for professional athletes who are just running up and down a court shooting a basketball. If it was the Tour de France, I might consider it.

:rolleyes sounds like someone has never played a sport in their life

hater
03-12-2012, 11:29 AM
not tired. just gaining playoff form

AlleyOopNazi
03-12-2012, 01:12 PM
If anyone gets tired just thow RJ out there. His minutes cost the spurs the most so earn that paycheck...-cracks whip