PDA

View Full Version : So turns out Obama is a muslim

cheguevara
03-12-2012, 04:15 PM
:lol unelectable

"52 percent of Mississippi voters — and 45 percent of Alabama voters — think President Obama is Muslim."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/post/barack-obama-is-muslim-and-the-time-traveler-vote/2012/03/12/gIQADUvz7R_blog.html

baseline bum
03-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Which is worse for the bible belt? A muslim president, or an atheist president?

FromWayDowntown
03-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Which is worse for the bible belt? A muslim president, or an atheist president?

If he's a Muslim, he's a terrorist. Everyone knows the 1:1 correlation on that.

baseline bum
03-12-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm frankly more shocked that 22% of Mississippi's population believes in evolution. I didn't know they still had schools there tbh.

EVAY
03-12-2012, 04:33 PM
:lol unelectable

"52 percent of Mississippi voters — and 45 percent of Alabama voters — think President Obama is Muslim."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/post/barack-obama-is-muslim-and-the-time-traveler-vote/2012/03/12/gIQADUvz7R_blog.html

The correction is that it is 52% and 45%, respectively, of registered republican primary voters.

Although it is likely that any potential democratic or independent voters in those states will never identify themselves for fear of having crosses burned in their front yards.

EVAY
03-12-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm frankly more shocked that 22% of Mississippi's population believes in evolution. I didn't know they still had schools there tbh.

Maybe they don't see much evidence of evolution in their elected officials.:toast

ChumpDumper
03-12-2012, 05:40 PM
What percentage of Ron Paul supporters think Obama is a Muslim?

Jacob1983
03-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Why would it be bad for Obama to be a Muslim? That's the bigger question.

Drachen
03-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Why would it be bad for Obama to be a Muslim? That's the bigger question.

Nailed it actually.

DMC
03-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Bigotry based on geographical location is still bigotry.

DarrinS
03-12-2012, 05:49 PM
From this thread, appears there is bigotry towards southerners.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2012, 05:50 PM
I admit I don't like the ones who are stupid enough to believe Obama is a Muslim.

Creepn
03-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Trust me, you would know if a person is muslim. They are pretty straight forward with it.

Heath Ledger
03-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Trust me, you would know if a person is muslim. They are pretty straight forward with it.

Not if they wanted to be elected president of the United States. That shit wouldn't fly.

Winehole23
03-12-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm frankly more shocked that 22% of Mississippi's population believes in evolution. I didn't know they still had schools there tbh.The fault can't be laid solely on the schools. The more educated conservatives voters are, the more likely they are to disbelieve in evolution, AGW and the validity of Obama's birth records.

Wild Cobra
03-13-2012, 02:24 AM
The fault can't be laid solely on the schools. The more educated conservatives voters are, the more likely they are to disbelieve in evolution, AGW and the validity of Obama's birth records.
LOL...

I though the liberal argument was conservatives aren't as educated, in order to believe such things.

You guys can't have it both ways.

boutons_deux
03-13-2012, 07:59 AM
"conservatives aren't as educated"

the ignorant, red-state white NASCAR working class/poor bubbas aren't as educated, are in a culture that devalues education just like black an hispanic sub-cultures.

The top conservatives are educated (the ones that didn't go to madrassas like Liberty, Oral (so sex) Roberts, etc), so one wonders how they survived that Repug myth that colleges and universities are hell bent on brain-washing and indoctrinating college students into progressivism.

hater
03-13-2012, 08:44 AM
IMO this is more evidence of the hate of Obama than the ignorance of rednecks.

Ppl truly hate Obama with a passion. and I know hate, I'm hater

funny thing is there is really nothing the Obama campaign can do to lure those ppl to vote for him. those are lost votes.

this is gonna be a close election and a brutal one for all involved

Winehole23
03-13-2012, 11:09 AM
LOL...

I though the liberal argument was conservatives aren't as educated, in order to believe such things.

You guys can't have it both ways.Speaking for myself as usual and not for some imagined cohort of tribal enemies. Educational achievement is not proof against foolishness.

xrayzebra
03-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Is there a conversation in any of this?

jack sommerset
03-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Myself, I don't think Obama is religious. I believe he is a politicians,politicians and that's what leads him to whatever beliefs he says he has. God bless.

DarrinS
03-13-2012, 02:11 PM
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/the-problem-with-polls-about-whether-obama-is-a-muslim-20120313?mrefid=mostViewed

The Problem With Polls About Whether Obama Is a Muslim

By asking voters what they think about the president's religion, pollsters help to perpetuate a falsehood.

Liberal blogs and websites are having a field day with new data from Public Policy Polling that shows that 52 percent of Mississippi Republicans believe that President Obama is a Muslim (a comparatively slight 45 percent of Alabama GOP voters agreed with them). Huffington Post had a banner headline on Monday morning branding it a "SHOCK POLL," Talking Points Memo smirked at those Southern bumpkins, and Daily Kos deadpanned, "Alabama and Mississippi Republicans don't believe in evolution ... but do believe Obama is a Muslim."

PPP, which is a Democratic firm, is sometimes maligned for being an unreliable pollster, but in this case the biggest problem is that they're asking the question at all. The belief that Obama is a Muslim, like the belief that he is somehow not an American citizen, is pernicious and flatly wrong. It has also been rejected by the vast majority of the American body politic, although there are some glaring examples of politicians who flirt with it to score political points. But if the goal is to fight mistaken beliefs, this is the wrong way to do it. The Dartmouth political scientist Brendan Nyhan has researched misperceptions and conspiracy-theory belief in American politics. In particular, he and colleague Jason Reifler have found that false ideas, once introduced, are very hard to get rid of. One especially bad way to fight them is to reiterate them:

The pollsters, by asking the question, and news outlets, by gleefully publicizing the results, are playing into this vicious cycle. PPP uses automated telephone polling in which respondents answer by pushing buttons on their phones, a methodology that does not meet standards for reporting by National Journal and other major news organizations.

Besides, there's a difference between asking whether respondents believe in interracial marriage (which PPP also did) and asking whether they believe the president is a Muslim or Kenyan. The first is a matter of opinion; the second is objectively either true or false (as it happens, both are false). The problem is that it's unclear to what extent people really believe these things. Perhaps they're responding to the stimulus of a pollster asking them -- Nyhan and Reifler also found that people's answers fluctuate depending on who is asking. PPP uses automated telephone polling in which respondents answer by pushing buttons on their phones. Julian Sanchez posits that many of these responses are fed by ideology: The people who purport to hold them are really just doing so for political reasons. For example, he says, most liberals who indulged in Bush bashing didn't literally think he was a fascist. By the same token, the slight majority of Mississippi Republicans who mashed that button for "Muslim" may not really think Obama is an adherent of Islam; they just staunchly dislike him and view his opinions as so alien to theirs that they'll say so.

This impulse, which Sanchez calls "symbolic belief," would explain why so many people still question Obama's citizenship, even after he produced his long-form birth certificate. And it also explains why no one should make too much of these results. The number that matters most is the presidential preference between Obama and whoever his Republican opponent is.

Winehole23
07-27-2012, 01:00 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/26/poll-less-half-voters-think-obama-is-christian/

ChumpDumper
07-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Well if they want to get picky about it, Romney isn't a Christian either.

Winehole23
07-27-2012, 01:04 PM
583zhKnsDjI

Clipper Nation
07-27-2012, 01:24 PM
What percentage of Ron Paul supporters think Obama is a Muslim?

Depends on whether you're surveying the Alex Jones tards, who believe every conspiracy theory in the book (including the Obama Birther and Muslim bullshit) and make the rest of us look bad, or the normal supporters who don't give a shit what religion he is, tbh.....

Viva Las Espuelas
07-27-2012, 01:24 PM
If we're being "picky" than Kennedy wasn't either.

clambake
07-27-2012, 01:26 PM
i could see the south embracing some magic underwear.

ChumpDumper
07-27-2012, 01:30 PM
If we're being "picky" than Kennedy wasn't either.Well, how picky are you?

Do you consider Mormons to be Christians?

Viva Las Espuelas
07-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Christ is involved in their religion. Just like catholics.

ChumpDumper
07-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Christ is involved in their religion. Just like catholics.Is that a yes or a no?

Drachen
07-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Christ is involved in their religion. Just like catholics.

Yep, Catholics were the OG Christians.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Is that a yes or a no?

Ah. Too hard for you. Gotcha.

Yes

Viva Las Espuelas
07-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Yep, Catholics were the OG Christians.

Hmm, i'm not a theologian but I don't believe they were. Maybe one of the firsts

Yonivore
07-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Hmm, i'm not a theologian but I don't believe they were. Maybe one of the firsts
Actually, those Jews for Jesus, better known as the Disciples, who followed Christ around when he walked the Earth, are the first Christians.

ChumpDumper
07-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Ah. Too hard for you. Gotcha.

YesNah, you were just being needlessly evasive.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Nope. You just can't comprehend and are quite dense. Drachen isn't dense like you.

ChumpDumper
07-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Nope. You just can't comprehend and are quite dense. Drachen isn't dense like you.Or more willing to let imprecise language slide. Can't be too careful.

Thanks anyway for finally being clear about it, and being a bitch about it as well. You didn't disappoint.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-27-2012, 02:12 PM
I give what I receive :tiphat

ChumpDumper
07-27-2012, 02:18 PM
I give what I receive :tiphatThere was nothing combative about my posts. I just wanted a solid answer because Christ's being "involved in their religion" is pretty ambiguous.

By your definition, all Muslims are Christians. If that's what you believe, that's OK -- I would just want some confirmation of that belief to make sure you realize what you're actually saying.

boutons_deux
07-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Actually, those Jews for Jesus, better known as the Disciples, who followed Christ around when he walked the Earth, are the first Christians.

PussyEater smacking us all down with his historical insights.

Drachen
07-27-2012, 02:32 PM

I guess I shouldnt have blanketed over those 1st 325 years. One of the first to be sure, but I guess you could say the first to undertake a consolidation of beliefs (thank you constantine and council of nicea and probably more than a little bloodshed).

My desire for brevity got me into a little trouble. It has been suggested that I fall short when it comes to my demands about precise language.