PDA

View Full Version : Sons a heartfelt PSA from Trainwreck2100

Trainwreck2100
03-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Not gonna lie I debated posting this cause I didn't want to seem like one of those attention whores in the club. But i decided fuck it I will. Last monday there was a fire at my place and it is a total loss. Seriously everything I've ever had is either melted burnt out or covered in smoke. Luckily a couple of my higher end electronics were on my person but everything else is pretty much gone. It was literally just me and the clothes on my back. Fortunately we had insurance so we are able to somewhat subsidize but I'm looking at a serious loss when it comes to getting back everything i lost, my limits were just too low. So now for the PSA part, if you don't have insurance get it, if you do, double it. Don't get attached to your shit either, it can be gone in a minute, and your health is priceless.

Yours in Christ
Trainwreck2100

pass1st
03-12-2012, 11:12 PM
That sucks, best wishes. How did it happen anyways

Gutter92
03-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Damn, that sucks...at least you're alright.

He's got a point tho, get insurance if you don't have it. My old neighbor told me a story about how the apartment above theirs flooded once (washing machine fucked up or something, and alot of water leaked through the floors), and they didn't have renters insurance (I think thats the one) and they lost a lot of shit...

Trainwreck2100
03-12-2012, 11:14 PM
kitchen fire

DeadlyDynasty
03-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Sorry to hear, T-Dub. I just moved back up north recently and fought a pretty bad house fire, fully-involved, etc. An old couple turned out to be crispy critters too. It's a shitty, hopless feeling but it looks like you thankfully didnt lose anyone you know. Keep your head up

DMC
03-12-2012, 11:25 PM
PM me if you need something, I will help if I can.

VBM
03-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Like DD said, it could have been worse. Be happy you weren't in the house at the time. Good luck getting back on your feet man.

BRHornet45
03-12-2012, 11:27 PM
son God bless you and your family. my thoughts are with you.

DeadlyDynasty
03-12-2012, 11:31 PM
u have a place to stay through all this?

Trainwreck2100
03-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Like DD said, it could have been worse. Be happy you weren't in the house at the time. Good luck getting back on your feet man.

Yep it turns out it was a two alarm almost 3 alarm before the dept got it under control. Fortunately it didn't spread to our neighbors (condo unit) Apparently cause they were old the firewall held pretty well. If I was in there it probably wouldn't have happened, we had smoke detectors all over the place, my neighbor heard our smoke detector go off and she thought it was a car alarm. So didn't do anything

VBM
03-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Be interesting to see what turns up in a fire investigation report. If it was a defective appliance or something, there might be an avenue to recouping through a lawsuit (although I'm sure that's the furthest thing on your mind at the moment).

Trainwreck2100
03-12-2012, 11:34 PM
u have a place to stay through all this?

insurance set us up in a decent place we got some months to fix our place up.

Trainwreck2100
03-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Be interesting to see what turns up in a fire investigation report. If it was a defective appliance or something, there might be an avenue to recouping through a lawsuit (although I'm sure that's the furthest thing on your mind at the moment).

nope it was a cooking accident so no defective appliance

Kori Ellis
03-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Sorry, TW. At least you are okay. It's unfortunate your neighbor wasn't smart enough to figure out it was a fire alarm. Sweep the leg next time you see her.

benefactor
03-12-2012, 11:39 PM
I hate to hear that man. My house was broken into and ran sacked a little over a year ago. They basically cleaned the place out. And you are right...insurance doesn't pay dick to replace it all. I hated that powerless feeling.

Hopefully things get worked out for you soon.

Cry Havoc
03-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Awful to hear. At least you're healthy, right?

DeadlyDynasty
03-12-2012, 11:42 PM
If you need any help, just PM ME

Trainwreck2100
03-12-2012, 11:46 PM
I hate to hear that man. My house was broken into and ran sacked a little over a year ago. They basically cleaned the place out. And you are right...insurance doesn't pay dick to replace it all. I hated that powerless feeling.

Hopefully things get worked out for you soon.

yep I had 2 360s and a PS3 and I've pretty much had to decide to just buy 1 360 and I'm debating on whether or not I should do that. A minor worry obviously but just an example of how it isn't cut and dry when it comes to straight replacement.

Trainwreck2100
03-12-2012, 11:54 PM
If you need any help, just PM ME

I'm actually pretty ok right now, I figure all I need are clothes, a router and a 360 the latter of two I'll pick up tomorrow. It's the sentimental crap that will be tough to replace. There's memory's attached to inanimate objects that you don't even realize you have till they're gone.

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm actually pretty ok right now, I figure all I need are clothes, a router and a 360 the latter of two I'll pick up tomorrow. It's the sentimental crap that will be tough to replace. There's memory's attached to inanimate objects that you don't even realize you have till they're gone.

This is quite true and you're gonna very upset over the nostalgic possessions and keepsakes, but dwell on those at a later late. Till then, let me know if there's a way I can hook you up. Peace bro.

-Luke

MattBonnerExperience
03-13-2012, 12:05 AM
That really sucks man, I hope things start getting better for you.

Fpoonsie
03-13-2012, 02:36 AM
Damn, T-dub. Really sorry to hear/read that.

Definitely hope things work themselves out for ya.

TE
03-13-2012, 03:26 AM
Best wishes to you and your family bro. A long time ago this happened to me and my family back when I was a young pup. I could only imagine how it must feel to deal with it as an adult. If you need anything let me know.

Brazil
03-13-2012, 08:30 AM
I lost last year a bunch of stuff during a moving in a container, that sucks but at least it wasn't my house and I still had a home. The worst part was to loose all the pictures, pictures before digitalized world.

Best wished to you and your family.

Stalin
03-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Sorry to hear your of your plight, bro. From soviet russia with love.

JamStone
03-13-2012, 08:38 AM
That sucks. Hope things get better for you.

And it's so true about getting attached to possessions. For me, I don't own anything from my guitars to computer to clothes or shoes that I feel like I could live without if for some reason they were gone. I'd be more upset over losing old family pictures that aren't saved digitally or some personal written stuff I have in a few journals. Most inanimate possessions are replaceable. The memories attached to them aren't. A poignant reminder in life.

Good luck moving forward.

hater
03-13-2012, 08:41 AM
how did the fire start?

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Shit, that's rough, TW. Glad you're okay and keeping it in perspective.