PDA

View Full Version : Most underrated/overrated players in the NBA?..

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Who are your most overrated and underrated?..

I'd go..

Underrated:
1- Nikola Pekovic
2- Ersan Ilyasova
3- Anderson Varejao
4- Tony Allen
5- Kevin Garnett/Paul Milsap

Overrated:
1- Brook Lopez
2- Gerald Wallace
3- Tyreke Evans
4- Kevin Martin
5- Danny Granger/Rudy Gay

Stalin
03-13-2012, 01:40 AM
way to go and let loose all your trolls dd, now they running amok

Pelicans78
03-13-2012, 01:42 AM
Tyson Chandler is the most underrated. Didnt make the All-Star team despite having a great season.

Carmelo is the most overrated player in the league and has been for a long time.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2012, 01:51 AM
I thought of both players, but Carmelo and Amare have received more hate than any other players in the NBA, this season, which has also helped Chandler receive positive recognition IMO..

timtonymanu
03-13-2012, 01:55 AM
I always thought Joe Johnson was overrated, imo.

Pelicans78
03-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Thaddeus Young is underrated. Pretty good player in Philly.

Kyle Lowery doesn't get enough attention. Should have made the All-Star team this season.

Kobe is overrated. Him being mentioned as a MvP candidate is obscene.

NewcastleKEG
03-13-2012, 02:05 AM
One thing I realized from yesterday is that Kevin Garnett's jumper is still money
As long as you keep up your stamina & health....one doesn't lose their jumper

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Young is a good pick..he has been Philly's best player, this season, IMO..

Disagree with Lowry, he has received a lot of hype IMO..

Agree with Kobe, to an extent..

I don't consider players like Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer, because people have been shitting on them for years..

Other overrated players I considered are Nene and Monta Ellis..

redzero
03-13-2012, 02:22 AM
People overrate Kevin Martin?

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2012, 02:25 AM
The media does..check any article and NBA media outlet, after the Paul to LA deal was vetoed..

Wilbon called him one of the NBA's most underrated, All-Star caliber players, just 2 weeks ago, IIRC..

Hoops Czar
03-13-2012, 02:29 AM
Who the hell is overratating Brook Lopez? The dude's a scrub.

Overrated

John Wall
Jameer Nelson

Underrated

Chris Kamen

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2012, 02:34 AM
I think I would pass on Kaman and his 42% shooting, tbh..

mavs>spurs
03-13-2012, 02:43 AM
Overrated:

Kobe
John Wall
Joe Johnson
Danny Granger
David West was before he went to indiana and people finally realized he sucks
Rose
Griffin
Lin was for a minute
Monta Ellis
Nash

Underrated:

Dirk from '06 to '10
Marc Gasol
James Harden
Kris Humphries as a hustle/role player
possibly Josh Smith
Thaddeus Young
Nikola Peckerbitch
Aldridge

NewcastleKEG
03-13-2012, 02:48 AM
Who the hell is overratating Brook Lopez? The dude's a scrub.

Overrated

John Wall
Jameer Nelson

Underrated

Chris Kamen
Always the prize piece in Howard deals

Hoops Czar
03-13-2012, 02:49 AM
I think I would pass on Kaman and his 42% shooting, tbh..

I didn't say he was an all-star. I guy who can get you 15 and 8 every night goes pretty much unnoticed.

Hoops Czar
03-13-2012, 02:50 AM
Always the prize piece in Howard deals

He's the best NJ has to offer. And Orlando doesn't want him.

FkLA
03-13-2012, 03:10 AM
The most underrated player in the league by far is MVPau. Still has the tools to be the best PF in the game and Top 15 player yet people insist on making him the scapegoat in LA by looking to move him. If his coach wasnt such a dumbass and his teammate such a chucker MVPau would be putting up monster numbers. Most overrated is Kobe obviously, the man is still good...but this MVP talk and the All-NBA and All-Defense 1st team nods hell undoubtedly get are ridiculous tbh.

24 FGAs per game on 43% shooting is just pathetic :lol

TDMVPDPOY
03-13-2012, 03:41 AM
d12 deserves to be on that ovrerated list

how many years has he been in the league, still cant do anything besides dunk

rayjayjohnson
03-13-2012, 05:49 AM
underrated?

ty motherfucking lawson

Texas_Ranger
03-13-2012, 06:22 AM
brandon jennings is overrated.

wanggi
03-13-2012, 07:23 AM
overrtaed
LeBron
Melo
Baesley
Cris Paul
Marc Gasol

underrated
Nash
Kobe
Bosh
Chandler
Terry

I supposed to put Amare on the overrated list but consider that his unbelievable recovery from his knee sugery....forget it.

Giuseppe
03-13-2012, 09:03 AM
underrated
Kobe

Wangi, shocking me fresh off the couch.

Pelicans78
03-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Chris Kaman is terrible!

mercos
03-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Underrated:
Ty Lawson
LaMarcus Aldridge

Overrated:
Derrick Rose
Dwayne Wade

Wade and Rose are both good players, but not nearly as good as some people think. Neither are the second coming of Jordan as media hype would have us believe.

JamStone
03-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Underrated... I think David Lee still gets little recognition. If he gets his rebounds up just a bit by the end of the season, this will be his 4th season averaging a double-double. His offense has improved a lot over the years. He's quietly putting up 19 and close to 10 a game. He's always been on poor to average teams, but he's a very good player. I think Kris Humphries is underrated too. Gets you close to a double-double game in and game out. Yes, he's a role player. But on a good team, he could be a very valuable role player.

Overrated... Andrew Bynum. I'm not convinced he's the second best center in the league. He might be, but that probably speaks more to how weak the position is. I think some Laker/Kobe critics like to make him seem better than he is. But it's not Kobe who makes Bynum that great. I think it's Pau Gasol. Pau not only garnering defensive attention away from Bynum with his ability to step out of the paint and hit midrange jumpers, but also his ability to guard most centers to take the pressure off of Bynum defensively. I think Pau would be a top 5 PF regardless if he plays next to Bynum or not. But I think Bynum has become one of the top centers in the league in great part playing next to Pau.

Killakobe81
03-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Underrated... I think David Lee still gets little recognition. If he gets his rebounds up just a bit by the end of the season, this will be his 4th season averaging a double-double. His offense has improved a lot over the years. He's quietly putting up 19 and close to 10 a game. He's always been on poor to average teams, but he's a very good player. I think Kris Humphries is underrated too. Gets you close to a double-double game in and game out. Yes, he's a role player. But on a good team, he could be a very valuable role player.

Overrated... Andrew Bynum. I'm not convinced he's the second best center in the league. He might be, but that probably speaks more to how weak the position is. I think some Laker/Kobe critics like to make him seem better than he is. But it's not Kobe who makes Bynum that great. I think it's Pau Gasol. Pau not only garnering defensive attention away from Bynum with his ability to step out of the paint and hit midrange jumpers, but also his ability to guard most centers to take the pressure off of Bynum defensively. I think Pau would be a top 5 PF regardless if he plays next to Bynum or not. But I think Bynum has become one of the top centers in the league in great part playing next to Pau.

He is the 2nd best center, but you are right the position is weak, kinda like the hottest chick at fat camp. And i agree he does benefit from playing with Pau some, but to say the doubles and traps that Bryant draws is not also part of why Bynum is effective is pretty silly. Right now in most Laker games I watch Kobe and Drew are doubled or trapped Pau is played 1 on 1. Maybe it's because he is a more willing passer ...but regardless Pau benefits from 1 on 1 coverage that neither Bynum or especially Kobe don't see ...

JamStone
03-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Rephrase.

Kobe certainly helps draw attention. I didn't mean to suggest he doesn't help at all. Only that I think Pau Gasol does more to help Bynum's game.

wanggi
03-13-2012, 12:00 PM
overrtaed
LeBron
Melo
Baesley
Cris Paul
Marc Gasol

underrated
Nash
Kobe
Bosh
Chandler
Terry

Wangi, shocking me fresh off the couch.

I'm serious, Cubbsta.

Those fans might think that LeBron is No.1 player in the league but I think Kobe's performance is no less than LeBron. He plays even better than LBJ in the playoffs.
Kobe's mid-range shooting/drive-in/layups skills are really extraordinary. Some fans are too much obssessed with LeBron's dunks.

I called Kobe Rapist, Coldbee and Cryant but it doesn't mean I deny the fact that he is a legend.

redzero
03-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Kobe is not and never will be underrated.

wanggi
03-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Kobe is not and never will be underrated.

He is when comparing with LBJ, Durant, and Wade.

redzero
03-13-2012, 12:15 PM
No, not really.

FkLA
03-13-2012, 12:33 PM
How is a player whos chucking up shots at record rates with Iverson-esque FG%, yet is still garnering MVP talks underrated? Not to mention the past 7-8 undeserved 1st Team All-Defense selections hes been given. :lol

Giuseppe
03-13-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm serious, Cubbsta.

Those fans might think that LeBron is No.1 player in the league but I think Kobe's performance is no less than LeBron. He plays even better than LBJ in the playoffs.
Kobe's mid-range shooting/drive-in/layups skills are really extraordinary. Some fans are too much obssessed with LeBron's dunks.

I called Kobe Rapist, Coldbee and Cryant but it doesn't mean I deny the fact that he is a legend.

Come Wangi, let us embrace at last.

Killakobe81
03-13-2012, 04:27 PM
How is a player whos chucking up shots at record rates with Iverson-esque FG%, yet is still garnering MVP talks underrated? Not to mention the past 7-8 undeserved 1st Team All-Defense selections hes been given. :lol

I wouldnt say the past 7-8 have been undeserved but certainly half of them are suspect ...especially as 1st team.

DMC
03-13-2012, 04:47 PM
I've always thought Udonis Haslem is underrated.

Mr Bones
03-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Tony Allen. When a player is routinely named by scouts, opposing coaches, and other players as the single best on ball defender in the entire league he should get much more credit than Allen currently gets. I don't understand why he isn't being considered for the Olympic team.

wanggi
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Come Wangi, let us embrace at last.

Ok, but check asshole first.:lol