PDA

View Full Version : Who Will the Spurs Target at Trade Deadline?

CraneLake
03-13-2012, 08:14 AM
http://www.caller.com/news/2012/mar/13/who-will-san-antonio-spurs-target-nba-trade-deadli/

The article analyzes the possibility of trading no more than a 1st pick + Anderson for either Ramon Sessions or Raymond Felton.

The columnist is Mark Travis, a young NBA writer for the local Corpus Christi newspaper. Albeit the 2 Spurs articles I've read by him comprise a small sample, I feel fairly confident he's a far better writer than any of our local guys (That includes you Buck "I must make this piece overly dramatic and start at least 5 sentences with the word 'Then'" Harvey). Since Ludden left for the big time, it's always irked me that for such a big city SA has such bad sportswriters.

Ok, off my soapbox.

yavozerb
03-13-2012, 08:27 AM
http://www.caller.com/news/2012/mar/13/who-will-san-antonio-spurs-target-nba-trade-deadli/

The article analyzes the possibility of trading no more than a 1st pick + Anderson for either Ramon Sessions or Raymond Felton.

The columnist is Mark Travis, a young NBA writer for the local Corpus Christi newspaper. Albeit the 2 Spurs articles I've read by him comprise a small sample, I feel fairly confident he's a far better writer than any of our local guys (That includes you Buck "I must make this piece overly dramatic and start at least 5 sentences with the word 'Then'" Harvey). Since Ludden left for the big time, it's always irked me that for such a big city SA has such bad sportswriters.

Ok, off my soapbox.

Maybe Mark Travis should study how the NBA salary structure works before writing a piece. JA + 1st rd pick for Felton, seriously......:bang

spursfaninla
03-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Typo in the Sessions paragraph ("sure" for "shore.")

Spurs certainly would trade green or blair and a pick for a decent return, so just because they like the team as a whole does not mean they would not trade players for a better fit.

His article is just some deductions about what the team needs are and available point guards. Not even a rumor or actual information.

Texas_Ranger
03-13-2012, 08:38 AM
like always.. no one. We won't get a big and we won't sign/trade for a PG. It's how we roll. 1 rd exit team tbh.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Maybe Mark Travis should study how the NBA salary structure works before writing a piece. JA + 1st rd pick for Felton, seriously......:bang

:lol @ far better than the local writers. Even GNSF would try the ESPN trade machine before writing crap.

Russ
03-13-2012, 08:54 AM
like always.. no one. We won't get a big and we won't sign/trade for a PG. It's how we roll. 1 rd exit team tbh.

Could be Pop will address the team at the trade deadline like Colonel Travis did at the Alamo and say, "Ths is it, guys. No reinforcements are coming."

It worked once for Pop and he won a title after making that speech and standing pat.

Not so much for Colonel Travis.

dylankerouac
03-13-2012, 12:38 PM
It worked once for Pop and he won a title after making that speech and standing pat.

Which one was that?

TDMVPDPOY
03-13-2012, 01:03 PM
man i wish pop resigns if nothin happens and another fail playoffs

The ADMIRAL 50
03-13-2012, 01:11 PM
that guy is the top new Spurs writer? really? Felton for JA and a 1st?

CraneLake = Mark Travis, right?

FromWayDowntown
03-13-2012, 01:37 PM
which one was that?

crc21209
03-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Anybody want Kris Humphries? He dropped 30 and 15 last night...:lol

spurs4real
03-13-2012, 03:43 PM
The OP. Welcome to the board Mark Travis and nice to meet you. Couldn't you have waited after at least 10 posts? But your first post? lol

Cry Havoc
03-13-2012, 03:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7np49vf

Works. :D

dylankerouac
03-13-2012, 04:37 PM

Thanks!

mathbzh
03-13-2012, 04:37 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7np49vf

Works. :D

RJ and Bonner for Kevin Durant also :rolleyes

LakerHater
03-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Target everyone & get Noone!

DPG21920
03-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Until Woj writes about something, no one.

sehui
03-13-2012, 05:59 PM
I can't believe no one noticed the blatant error in the beginning of the article:

We did not trade Bowen, Oberto, and Thomas to New Jersey...OP's credit to this writer just fell through the drain. For a sports writer soley based on a local team, he sure doesn't know as much as a common Spurs fan.

Also, no way we are trading our picks, especially just for a backup PG. If it was for a servicable big man, then that would be okay. For a backup PG who's probably only going to play 10 min a game in the PO - that's not going to elevate us to legitimate title contenders.

We'll most likely not pass through the WCF with these claimed trades - and then we would lose a first round pick in the deepest draft for the past 4-5 years. If we could get Hill and Tiago in relatively weak draft classes, imagine what a 26th 1st rounder could do this year...

Horrible proposition and the writer needs to double check his work more as a professional.

lmbebo
03-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Tiago we got because teams didn't want to wait.