PDA

View Full Version : Source: Magic want Lakers back in Dwight Howard mix

IronMaxipad
03-13-2012, 02:12 PM
One thing the Magic are holding out for, a source told Sporting News, is the resurrection of talks with the Los Angeles Lakers. As the process has played out, it has become clear that the Magic are not going to get a better player in return for Howard than All-Star Lakers center Andrew Bynum. Back in December, the Lakers had strong interest in Howard, but team VP Jim Buss said there was no way he would trade both Pau Gasol and Bynum to the Magic for Howard. Given Bynum’s injury history, a deal in which Bynum was the main target was a longshot.

Still, rumors of a deal involving Bynum persisted, and when he was asked about it on media day, Bynum said, “If they were able to pull a move like that off, it would be great for the organization, and I’d be in Orlando, you know, hoopin’.”

Now the question is whether the Lakers would give up Bynum at all in a package for Howard. He has been healthy all season—a major concern when it comes to Bynum and his balky knees—and at just 24 years old, is showing the potential to be almost as good as Howard, with averages of 17.7 points and 12.6 rebounds, numbers that would probably balloon if Bynum were not playing with Gasol and Kobe Bryant. Buss has had an affinity for Bynum throughout his career, and has been trying to secure a point guard he can pair with Bynum for the long haul.

But, come Thursday, if the Magic can’t find a better package than one built around New Jersey’s Brook Lopez, the option could be there to scrap the Bynum rebuilding altogether and bring Howard to Lakerland.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-03-13/nba-trade-rumors-lakers-dwight-howard-orlando-magic-want-la-in-mix#ixzz1p1eir9Sy

PGDynasty24
03-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Bynum and Pau for Dwight at this point would be absurd. I want to keep Bynum here,he has become a force and probably our 2nd best player.

Donkeybong
03-13-2012, 02:23 PM
bynum's stock is pretty high right now. i bet they could do a straight swap. Wouldnt do it without assurance that dwight would sign an extension.

Muser
03-13-2012, 02:24 PM
bynum's stock is pretty high right now. i bet they could do a straight swap. Wouldnt do it without assurance that dwight would sign an extension.

Dwight would sign an extension in L.A.

pass1st
03-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Howard for Bynum + 1st rounder & scraps works out best for Magic

ChrisRichards
03-13-2012, 02:33 PM
If the reported rumors of Dwight wanting to play with Gasol is true then expect Bynum to be shipped to Orlando. If its not true, I honestly don't think Jim Buss will ship Bynum to Orlando without any assurance that Dwight will resign with the Lakers. The possiblity of losing Bynum and Howard through Free Agency is just too much risk. I expect Buss/Kupchak to push Gasol, Walton + 2 1st round picks + Goudelock for Dwight and Turkoglu or Jason Richardson swap.

JamStone
03-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Didn't Jim Buss scout Bynum (or was it another Buss son?) and so there's some sort of sentimental attachment as "his" guy which is a big reason why he is hesitant to trade him? If he's calling the shots as it appears to be the case, trading Bynum even for D12 seems to be something he doesn't want to do.

ChrisRichards
03-13-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm pretty sure Buss Jr has some financial logic in him. If Orlando offers Dwight for Bynum and Dwight signs an extension then Buss Jr will go for it. For someone trying to follow his fathers footsteps, acquiring Dwight is a sure way to help build your legacy.

ChrisRichards
03-13-2012, 02:56 PM
btw, i also view this as a smokescreen from howards camp. this puts a little bit of pressure on NJ to up the offer.

baseline bum
03-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Wow, surprised Bynum wants to go there. Orlando has to make that move then if they can get Bynum to agree to an extension.

ChrisRichards
03-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Wow, surprised Bynum wants to go there. Orlando has to make that move then if they can get Bynum to agree to an extension.
Its obvious. Bynum wants out of Kobe's shadow. He made All Star this year. He's posting respectable numbers. He has zero endorsements despite being in LA. Kobe takes all the shine from his teammates, and thats not a jab on Kobe, he deserves all that. Bynum is a guaranteed 20 and 11 player at worst if he becomes the Magics' primary focus on offense.

lefty
03-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Not gonna happen

Not gonna happen

Magic are gonna trade for a talented player, probably a guard, in order to convince Dwitght to stay

Monta Ellis ? :D

baseline bum
03-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Not gonna happen

Not gonna happen

Magic are gonna trade for a talented player, probably a guard, in order to convince Dwitght to stay

Monta Ellis ? :D

I don't see how they get Ellis for crap. And besides, Golden State wants Howard too, so way they help Orlando keep him.

hater
03-13-2012, 03:30 PM

:lmao

crc21209
03-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Not gonna happen. Dwight has his eyes set on Brooklyn. Read Woj's article...:tu

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Magic have no choice. Take Bynum, or get a bunch of crap or let him walk. Nice poker face, assholes:lol

Sportcamper
03-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Lakers do not want Turkoglu....

lefty
03-13-2012, 03:56 PM
I don't see how they get Ellis for crap. And besides, Golden State wants Howard too, so way they help Orlando keep him.
I'm sure they can work a deal out

GS is going nowhere anyway

Killakobe81
03-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Mehh I just want this over. BUss was right not to include both. Fuck the Magic. They can have Bynum and 2 first rounders no problem or Gasol plus 2. MAybe we throw in Ebanks or Morris. Both bigs is crazy.

And i think Dwight could be convinced to stay but if not fuck him too. As someone said we NEED a PG ...

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Bynum is a franchise player, being held back by a TOSB..if Orlando can acquire him, run away and don't look back, tbh..

Goran Dragic
03-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Lakers do not want Turkoglu....
Hedo will be the goods, fortifying Kobe from the opening bell

ChrisRichards
03-13-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm with you KK81. I'm actually laughing right now because Orlando was just too stupid to realize Dwight is leaving, now it appears they may get less value for Dwight Howard. I was never a fan of Howard's phony attempt to be this Mr. Nice Guy. I do hope he goes to Brooklyn Nets and retires with no championship just like Ewing.

MultiTroll
03-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Magic have no choice. Take Bynum, or get a bunch of crap or let him walk. Nice poker face, assholes:lol
Because no one other then Lakers is going to offer anything.
Right LakerFan :rolleyes

MultiTroll
03-13-2012, 05:53 PM
btw, i also view this as a smokescreen from howards camp. this puts a little bit of pressure on NJ to up the offer.
This.
I don't think Howard wants a WWE championship.
In Brooklyn if he could even make a legit Finals, let alone win one he would be king of NY.

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Because no one other then Lakers is going to offer anything.
Right LakerFan :rolleyes

They can't possibly land a better player than Bynum (outside of Dwight himself), dumbass:lol

Fabbs
03-13-2012, 07:45 PM
They can't possibly land a better player than Bynum (outside of Dwight himself), dumbass:lol
Sources (other then Kobes ass) have offers you are blinded to.

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Sources (other then Kobes ass) have offers you are blinded to.

Name a better player they can get than Bynum:lol

I'll be waiting:lol

Fabbs
03-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Brook Lopez.
Even with his injury he's aved more games per season then Bynum.
They're both injury prone.

No way Orlando is dealing with the WWE again after the Snaq trade.

pass1st
03-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Brook Lopez.
Even with his injury he's aved more games per season then Bynum.
They're both injury prone.

No way Orlando is dealing with the WWE again after the Snaq trade.

Lopez cant rebound for shit and his ppg is inflated due to being on a shitty team. He isn't half the defender Bynum is; Magic either do the logical thing and sign somebody who would be happy to become a franchise player or get the lesser player from NJ out of spite.

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Name a better player they can get than Bynum:lol

Brook Lopez.

Don't ever post again:lmao

Even if they deal with New Jersey as everyone expects, it's clearly a downgrade. It's like settling for a fat chick when the hot ones shoot you down:lol

Fabbs
03-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Lopez cant rebound for shit...

Career rebound average

7.5 Lopez
7.7 Bynum

DeadlyDynasty and pass1st
Lets meet in the alley and jerk to a Kobe picture.

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2012, 08:14 PM
No Ralphie pic, Fabbs?

If you think Brook Lopez is better than Andrew Bynum then you need to follow a different sport.

pass1st
03-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Career rebound average

7.5 Lopez
7.7 Bynum

DeadlyDynasty and pass1st

24.3 MPG
34.2 MPG

:toast

Baron Davιs
03-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Don't ever post again:lmao

Even if they deal with New Jersey as everyone expects, it's clearly a downgrade. It's like settling for a fat chick when the hot ones shoot you down:lol

:lol

Fabbs
03-13-2012, 08:19 PM
No Ralphie pic, Fabbs?

If you think Brook Lopez is better than Andrew Bynum then you need to follow a different sport.
Hard to say.
Gift Gasol to the Nets midseason 08-09.
Give the Nets 16 4th qtr free throws every time a playoff series is threatening.
On and on. See how that ups Lopez *game*.
He may not be as good as Bynum. We may never know.
How would Bynum do/had done were it not for WWE intervention?

Anyway Orlando is not dealing with the WWE.
Get over your butthurt.
Some scam was is and always will be enacted for the Perple n Golden.
It's why you're so in expectation of a Dwight Howard gift. :lmao

pass1st
03-13-2012, 08:20 PM
24.3 MPG
34.2 MPG

:toast

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Hard to say.
Gift Gasol to the Nets midseason 08-09.
Give the Nets 16 4th qtr free throws every time a playoff series is threatening.
On and on. See how that ups Lopez *game*.
He may not be as good as Bynum. We may never know.
How would Bynum do/had done were it not for WWE intervention?

Anyway Orlando is not dealing with the WWE.
Get over your butthurt.
Some scam was is and always will be enacted for the Perple n Golden.
It's why you're so in expectation of a Dwight Howard gift. :lmao

None of that made any sense whatsoever with what we were talking about. I haven't heard such stupid sports opinions since I went to a Philadelphia Eagles game.:lol

pass1st
03-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Blind Laker hatred, tbh

Fabbs
03-13-2012, 08:37 PM
http://amillers1975.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/crazy-lakers-fan.jpg
None of that made any sense whatsoever with what we were talking about.
Really.

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2012, 08:38 PM
I love you Fabbs