PDA

View Full Version : Giants re-sign Terrell Thomas

TIMMYtoZO
03-13-2012, 07:00 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7680313/new-york-giants-agree-deal-cb-terrell-thomas

:lol Jerry Reese continues to show why he is the best GM in the NFL. Giants secondary is going to be downright nasty next year. Thomas/Webster/Amukamara/Johnson.

Vici
03-13-2012, 10:24 PM
This is a huge resigning. Only 2 million for this year is a steal for a corner that was a borderline Pro Bowler before the injury. The Giants CBs should be downright nasty.

Vici
03-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Just saw that they re-signed Michael Coe and Justin Tryon as well. Coe looked great before going down, his injury really hurt the team. Tryon looked good as well in his very limited time. That position is set for the year barring injury.

TIMMYtoZO
03-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Just saw that they re-signed Michael Coe and Justin Tryon as well. Coe looked great before going down, his injury really hurt the team. Tryon looked good as well in his very limited time. That position is set for the year barring injury.

Bruce Johnson was also resigned. Lots of depth in that area. Do you think they resign Goff? I want Chase Blackburn back. It sucks Reese doesn't have any flexibility but I have always trusted him.

Also, how do you feel about our running back situation? I am excited to see more, Scott this year.

Vici
03-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Bruce Johnson was also resigned. Lots of depth in that area. Do you think they resign Goff? I want Chase Blackburn back. It sucks Reese doesn't have any flexibility but I have always trusted him.

Also, how do you feel about our running back situation? I am excited to see more, Scott this year.

I'd love to have Goff back, but he needs to come back for the minimum and prove he can stay healthy. Honestly, I think it's time we start drafting LBs in the higher rounds. We saw what happens when our LBs start making plays in Defense.

I'm a bit indifferent about our RBs. It doesn't matter who you have back there if the line doesn't block well. I'm very concerned about every position besides RG to be honest. Beatty is average at best right now, and when healthy. Diehl was pretty piss poor when he was playing Guard earlier in the season. Baas is Bass, who is not an O'Hara. I don't know what his problem is but he's not helping. I'm guessing we're moving Diehl over to RT because I can't think of anyone else who could play it at this point... which leaves who at LG? The line has to be addressed in the draft (or have the younger guys step up). I don't have much faith at all in Pietrus at this point.

But as for the RBs, I think we see Bradshaw featured very heavily with a dose of Andre Brown. Scott has to learn how to pass protect before he will be given a down in a game. We will notice Jacobs absence on passing downs, there is no other RB in the game who is better at picking up the blitz than him.

BTW - love the Bennet signing. With proper coaching (Pope is by far the best TE coach in the league) Bennet may actually amount to something. He is already a great blocking TE.

leemajors
03-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Bennett is a scrub, but he will doubtless own the Boys and do nothing else.