PDA

View Full Version : Lakers need to keep it simple with their roster moves.

midnightpulp
03-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Do not get rid of Bynum for Superape (which would probably also mean getting rid of Gasol). I'm telling you right now whatever short-term gain he brings (which will not result in a championship anyway) won't be worth letting go the most fundamentally sound center in the game. Exalt Howard's defense all you want, but one thing the Lakers don't need is more interior defense.

Gasol is the piece who needs to be moved, and if the Lakers can get a decent replacement for him at the 4 along with some youth on the perimeter, they can make some noise this year, but more importantly, have something of a future.

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Just get Sessions already...why are they dicking around with that when he can be had for a first-rounder? Quick-fix the PG position before the clock runs out and/or we lose leverage

midnightpulp
03-13-2012, 10:46 PM
:downspin:

Now that Bynum has saved Kirby's ass two games in a row, you're on the Baby Drew bandwagon. Before, you called him every name in the goddamn book and even invented a few.

You're a pathetic frontrunning sack of shit.

pass1st
03-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Bynum still twitches his knee sometimes, it's a ticking TimEbomb. He has the potential to surpass Howard, but damnit one injury and all the progress he made is gone.

I kind of want LAL to roll the dice, but Im afraid of the odds

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2012, 10:51 PM
We need more than Sessions to beat the Heat for sure, but it would leave us only with bench problems....offensive woes at SF too

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Lakers are a contender, by default, but Kobe will cost them in the playoffs..

They need a PG, an athletic perimeter player and a perimeter shooter..2/3 would be nice..

Barnes should get minutes over Artest, McRoberts as 3rd big, and Goudelock should find some burn..

midnightpulp
03-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Just get Sessions already...why are they dicking around with that when he can be had for a first-rounder? Quick-fix the PG position before the clock runs out and/or we lose leverage

I think Gasol has to go. He looks like he doesn't want to be a Laker anymore. If the Lakers can get a defense first power-forward who can rebound (maybe an Amir Johnson type player) with a young PG who can score, they can be scary.

Koolaid_Man
Do not get rid of Bynum for Superape (which would probably also mean getting rid of Gasol). I'm telling you right now whatever short-term gain he brings (which will not result in a championship anyway) won't be worth letting go the most fundamentally sound center in the game. Exalt Howard's defense all you want, but one thing the Lakers don't need is more interior defense.

Gasol is the piece who needs to be moved, and if the Lakers can get a decent replacement for him at the 4 along with some youth on the perimeter, they can make some noise this year, but more importantly, have something of a future.

Since you're so passionate I will consider your opinion....but in the meantime since Kool is the young playa holding my advice to you is to just put some ice on your pussy to reduce the swelling...

Spur_Fanatic
Lakers need to use their fucking bench. I know it sucks, but playing Artest 38 mins is a joke.

Giuseppe
03-13-2012, 10:55 PM
I trust Midst about as far I as I could throw his mother.

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2012, 10:55 PM
only team that scares me in the WEST is OKC...bad matchup for us. If Mem was heatlthy, them too...

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2012, 10:56 PM
I think Gasol has to go. He looks like he doesn't want to be a Laker anymore. If the Lakers can get a defense first power-forward who can rebound (maybe an Amir Johnson type player) with a young PG who can score, they can be scary.

would like to see him stay if possible. He's 31 and still extremely skilled. Our elite bigs make us who we are.

midnightpulp
03-13-2012, 11:00 PM
If we trade Bynum for Howard straight up Id be so happy I will go against my promise and pay you the money I owe you...:lol

Why are you so enamored with this ape? Even after working with Hakeem, he still can't figure out how to play in the post and needs to be surrounded by a squad of 3 point shooters to bolster his offensive game. Great big men typically make shooters. In Howard's case, shooters make him. In addition, he can't pass, can't make freethrows (which wouldn't be too much of a problem if he was as dominant as Shaq, but he's not), and has a basketball IQ on the level of JR Smith.

Oh, he jumps real high, dunks real hard, and swats shots into the 3rd row.

NewcastleKEG
03-13-2012, 11:01 PM
We need more than Sessions to beat the Heat for sure, but it would leave us only with bench problems....offensive woes at SF too
Heat? :lol

There is NO deal/move on the table that will get the 2012 Lakers into the Western Conference Finals

You needed a ridiculous free throw disparity tonight to beat the Grizzlies without 2 of their starters.

- Get Sessions/whoever = 2nd Round lose
- Get Howard = Title Contender next year

midnightpulp
03-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Amir fucking Johnson!!! Damn, midget.:lol

If Gasol goes and you want to beef up the perimeter with a couple of scorers, you need a banger/dirty work type player at the 4. Not enough shots to go around if you get a scoring power forward. In addition to that, you'll need a player like this to guard the opposing team's best big to take some pressure off Bynum.

Giuseppe
03-13-2012, 11:05 PM
You needed a ridiculous free throw disparity tonight to beat the Grizzlies without 2 of their starters.

Only pussies & assholes play the ref & injury cards respectively.

Cry Havoc
03-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Only pussies & assholes play the ref & injury cards respectively.

That's funny, cause all we hear from Laker fans and Kobe is about how he's injured every fuckin' game.

midnightpulp
03-13-2012, 11:13 PM
I trust Midst about as far I as I could throw his mother.

Doesn't make any sense for you to say that when I'm arguing from a similar position (don't get rid of Bynum for Howard) as yourself

Giuseppe
03-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Doesn't make any sense for you to say that when I'm arguing from a similar position (don't get rid of Bynum for Howard) as yourself

But, I don't trust you.

I trust me.

midnightpulp
03-13-2012, 11:39 PM
But, I don't trust you.

I trust me.

What? You think I secretly want Howard to the Lakers at the expense of Bynum?

NewcastleKEG
03-13-2012, 11:42 PM
:lol NewcastleKEG and his retarded basketball takes
This team is NOT a title contender & adding a marginal starter is not going to fix that. I thought the whole point of dumping Odom was to make room for the new Dwight Howard Lakers. What is the hold up?

Artest & Blake are not starters on a title contender. How do you replace both with 1 move?

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Lakers don't have a contending team in a standard NBA year..however, this year, the competition is limited..they wouldn't beat OKC or a healthy Memphis in a 7-game series, but they'd have a legit shot at beating any other team in the West IMO..

Miami and Chicago would both work them, though..

NewcastleKEG
03-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Lakers don't have a contending team in a standard NBA year..however, this year, the competition is limited..they wouldn't beat OKC or a healthy Memphis in a 7-game series, but they'd have a legit shot at beating any other team in the West IMO..

I agree. Lakers vs Spurs, now that Clippers have slightly fallen off

I just think the gap between the Top 4 teams & then SA, both LA's, & Magic is significant. Lakers vs Celtics in a 7-game series would be interesting

Killakobe81
03-14-2012, 12:01 AM

Please. we would beat Memphis. Just because they wiped their ass with last year's Spurs, doesnt make put them in the WCF. Clippers, mavs Spurs and OKC are the teams that worry me most. OKC in particular is a tough matchup. i still think we are facing another 2nd round exit, but if we get anyone outside of OKC especially Clips or Grizz, I think we can beat them. Neither have a huge coaching advantage and they both rely on streaky knuckleheads (Mayo & Mo williams) for offense.

NewcastleKEG
03-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Please. we would beat Memphis. Just because they wiped their ass with last year's Spurs, doesnt make put them in the WCF. Clippers, mavs Spurs and OKC are the teams that worry me most. OKC in particular is a tough matchup. i still think we are facing another 2nd round exit, but if we get anyone outside of OKC especially Clips or Grizz, I think we can beat them. Neither have a huge coaching advantage and they both rely on streaky knuckleheads (Mayo & Mo williams) for offense.
You barely beat them tonight & they didn't have their 2 best players. . .
Imagine a full squad Grizzlies versus Lakers without Kobe & Bynum

The teams I mentioned:
Miami, Bulls
OKC, Memphis, LAC

Lakers have no PG. Except for Clippers, all those teams have STUD small forwards to cancel out Kobe. Except for Clippers, all those teams have muscle inside to cancel out the Laker bigs.

Lakers = No Guards. Kobe is a 3 playing the 2 position at this point of his career.

namlook
03-14-2012, 02:55 AM

That's not a good analogy. Kobe and Bynum are better than any player on the Grizz.

Cry Havoc
03-14-2012, 02:56 AM
Please. we would beat Memphis.

Based on what? You barely beat them without Zbo with a 25 free throw advantage?

LkrFan
03-14-2012, 03:42 AM
Get Sessions, but don't overpay. Everything else would work itself out.

Rummpd
03-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Lakers simply need an upgrade at PG - if they get that - they can win the West.

Giuseppe
03-14-2012, 10:58 AM
^Then that upgrade has to be an actual upgrade, because they'll come for him, and if its him on duty at the time instead of the one who brung us we're gonna be up to our ass in alligators.

lakerddan
03-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Memphis cannot win in L.A so the Lakers would win in 6. Memphis was only missing 1 starter, Zbo has not played all year. Memphis had been a very hot team winning in Memphis was huge. Only haters would think otherwise..

SPURSCHAMP
03-14-2012, 12:39 PM
I agree. Lakers vs Spurs, now that Clippers have slightly fallen off

I just think the gap between the Top 4 teams & then SA, both LA's, & Magic is significant. Lakers vs Celtics in a 7-game series would be interesting

The teams I mentioned:
Miami, Bulls
OKC, Memphis, LAC

Lakers have no PG. Except for Clippers, all those teams have STUD small forwards to cancel out Kobe. Except for Clippers, all those teams have muscle inside to cancel out the Laker bigs.

Lakers = No Guards. Kobe is a 3 playing the 2 position at this point of his career.
hmm, so you said top 4 teams then go on to list 5?

NewcastleKEG
03-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Memphis cannot win in L.A so the Lakers would win in 6. Memphis was only missing 1 starter, Zbo has not played all year. Memphis had been a very hot team winning in Memphis was huge. Only haters would think otherwise..
Rudy Gay played?

Deuce Bigalow
03-14-2012, 05:37 PM
I want to keep MVPau

NewcastleKEG
03-14-2012, 05:39 PM
hmm, so you said top 4 teams then go on to list 5?
Clippers & Lakers are slightly above Boston & Magic for me