PDA

View Full Version : so sons I was just watching the highlights on ESPN ...

BRHornet45
03-13-2012, 11:23 PM
and all they wanted to highlight and talk about was Kobe and his 34 points. Kobe scored 34 points! look at that fancy trick shot he just drilled!!!

ignore the fact that he was in the minus on the +/- stat for his team, ignore the fact that he chucked the ball 25 times shooting his usual well below .500, ignore the fact that he was given 12 freebie attempts (8 of which were completely bogus phantom calls), ignore the fact that he turned the ball over 3 times in crucial moments .... but most importantly ....

IGNORE the fact that Andrew Bynum put up 37 points and 16 rebounds all the while shooting 83% and a +11 for his team in the +/- stat. son by the way they were campaigning for Kobe, you wouldn't even know Bynum played tonight.

JamStone
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
But Kobe wears a cool mask.

Spur_Fanatic
03-13-2012, 11:29 PM
On it. They giving some credit to Bynum, at least. A little.

BRHornet45
03-13-2012, 11:30 PM
sons it all boils down to $$$$$

the NBA and the media hype up and overrate players like Kobe Bryant for financial reasons and for financial reasons only. he sells tickets and merchandise and that is all they care about. ignore the fact that he is arguably the most overrated athlete in the history of all professional sports, he sells a lot of jerseys and shoes in China so lets just say he is the best.

NewcastleKEG
03-13-2012, 11:31 PM
and all they wanted to highlight and talk about was Kobe and his 34 points. Kobe scored 34 points! look at that fancy trick shot he just drilled!!!

ignore the fact that he was in the minus on the +/- stat for his team, ignore the fact that he chucked the ball 25 times shooting his usual well below .500, ignore the fact that he was given 12 freebie attempts (8 of which were completely bogus phantom calls), ignore the fact that he turned the ball over 3 times in crucial moments .... but most importantly ....

IGNORE the fact that Andrew Bynum put up 37 points and 16 rebounds all the while shooting 83% and a +11 for his team in the +/- stat. son by the way they were campaigning for Kobe, you wouldn't even know Bynum played tonight.
I imagine this was Sportscenter? SC is utter crap. It plays to a very novice & shallow (dunks) audience. NBA tonight is better but NBAtv is the best

Giuseppe
03-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Nonetheless, I'm rollin' out another barrel tomorrow evening. I'm gonna plug up the asshole of the country with it.

tee, hee.

Giuseppe
03-13-2012, 11:32 PM
I imagine this was Sportscenter? SC is utter crap. It plays to a very novice & shallow (dunks) audience. NBA tonight is better but NBAtv is the best

& your little asshole buddy (Rose) shit the bed again. That's twice.

Big shot.

lmfao!!!

midnightpulp
03-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Media manufactured superstar. Carried by bigs his whole career.

Great thread, son.

Giuseppe
03-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Media manufactured superstar. Carried by bigs his whole career.

Great thread, son.

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

pass1st
03-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Son, if Bynum was White or Asian, he would have a 2 hour special titled "The Decision: Cheese or Mayonnaise"

midnightpulp
03-13-2012, 11:38 PM

I take about as much stock in that number as:

Manu: 3

West: 1

Rings are team accomplishments.

rayjayjohnson
03-13-2012, 11:41 PM
BR wrecking fools as per usual.

preach on, brother.

BRHornet45
03-13-2012, 11:41 PM

Duncan: 2

(1999 doesn't count, 2007 he was a role player)

Kobe: .5

(Shaq took 3 of them, Gasol took 1 with he and Kobe sharing .5 credit for both titles, and Vanessa took half of the 1 Kobe was left with)

William Hung
03-14-2012, 12:01 AM
So Culburn what would that be boiled down.

BlackSwordsMan
03-14-2012, 12:11 AM

(Shaq took 3 of them, Gasol took 1 with he and Kobe sharing .5 credit for both titles, and Vanessa took half of the 1 Kobe was left with)

CP 0, get it?

BRHornet45
03-14-2012, 12:17 AM
CP 0, get it?

son I'm not a Clippers fan. get it?

DMC
03-14-2012, 12:24 AM
Sure it's about money, otherwise ESPN would be reporting about Blinn Jr College results.

DMC
03-14-2012, 12:26 AM

You've become one of the most butthurt people on this forum. The CP3 thing really put a corncob in your ass it seems.

Ashy Larry
03-14-2012, 12:30 AM

:lol

Deuce Bigalow
03-14-2012, 12:36 AM

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyl9drXA2l1r2il6eo1_400.gif

cobbler
03-14-2012, 12:59 AM
So all I hear from you guys over and over is how the media and ESPN are trolling the public followed by thread after thread and even stickied threads created by you guys discussing it. You are admitting that they have trolled you for years and continue to do so at an alarming rate. It's absoultely comical that you guys who live your whole lives around trolling each other are so butthurt you cannot even see your own ignorance. You can leave this place for month at a time which I have lately and come back to the same ole thing. Everybody talking about Kobe and ESPN while the networks and the Mamba laugh thier way to the bank.

You all create threads and spend hours, days, and years talking about a player from our team. How awesome is that? It's fucking breathtaking and each and every one of you just get sucked in on a daily basis. You really have to be the most stupid people on the planet. And by your own standards!

All that matters is 16! It's a team sport and we are at number 2 heading to number 1 shortly. And long after we are number one with a whole new set of players you wil no doubt still be talking about Kobe. Absolutely fucking BRILLIANT!!!!!

100%duncan
03-14-2012, 01:59 AM
it's ESPN what the fuck were you expecting, son?

Baron Davιs
03-14-2012, 02:34 AM
Cry us a river, son

Giuseppe
03-14-2012, 04:09 AM
So Culburn what would that be boiled down.

I'm half a sleep, but, even half a sleep it's:::

namlook
03-14-2012, 04:12 AM
I take about as much stock in that number as:

Manu: 3

West: 1

Rings are team accomplishments.

This seems like common sense, but common sense is often missing on the internet. Manu never had to beat a team with like 6 HOF like the Celtics had to win a championship. He has also never consistently been an all-star performer. If you aren't an all-star your credit for rings is diminished.

Rings are a team accomplishment but the all-star level performers are the ones that are primarily responsible for winning the rings for their teams and they deservedly get most of the credit. This is why the rings of Steve Kerr and Robert Horry can never be compared to the rings of all-star level performers.

If you were an all-star when your team won a championship you get credit for that ring on your resume. If you weren't an all-star when your team won a championship you get credit for being a contributing role player on the championship team. Exceptions being things like injuries that prevented a player who is normally an all-star from making the all-star team.

will_spurs
03-14-2012, 04:27 AM
I'm half a sleep, but, even half a sleep it's:::

Horry: 7

Let's compare role players with role players.

LkrFan
03-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Nonetheless, I'm rollin' out another barrel tomorrow evening. I'm gonna plug up the asshole of the country with it.

tee, hee.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

silverblk mystix
03-14-2012, 08:04 AM

Lol..watching ESPN...

Fabbs
03-14-2012, 09:14 AM

Don't forget their bread and butter BR.
34-5 FT advantage. :rollin