PDA

View Full Version : Mike D Done?

DMC
03-14-2012, 12:23 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7684157/mike-dantoni-lost-new-york-knicks-locker-room-according-sources

It's almost like they've been reading our comments here. We've been pointing out all those "secret inside information" things since Lin rose.

William Hung
03-14-2012, 12:24 AM
That's good for Lin, maybe the kid will learn how to play average NBA defense.

DMC
03-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Melo isn't going to make it there with his attitude. Are there any stipulations in a player's contract that says they have to run what the coach draws up? Mike D should bench his ass, and if he had a hair on his balls he would.

The article mentions bringing in Phil Jackson. Though I don't see that happening (I think Phil would rather coach LA than NY), I don't rule it out. I don't think guys like Melo would turn their noses up at Phil.

NewcastleKEG
03-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Melo isn't going to make it there with his attitude. Are there any stipulations in a player's contract that says they have to run what the coach draws up? Mike D should bench his ass, and if he had a hair on his balls he would.

The article mentions bringing in Phil Jackson. Though I don't see that happening (I think Phil would rather coach LA than NY), I don't rule it out. I don't think guys like Melo would turn their noses up at Phil.
Knicks would be the final frontier. First title since he played on the team?

Honestly, if not for the health issues I think he would 100% do it. But he is already arguably the greatest coach in American sports history. What is there for him to gain at this age but failure.

BlackSwordsMan
03-14-2012, 12:51 AM
spurs need a new coach soon

DMC
03-14-2012, 12:52 AM
Knicks would be the final frontier. First title since he played on the team?

Honestly, if not for the health issues I think he would 100% do it. But he is already arguably the greatest coach in American sports history. What is there for him to gain at this age but failure.
They said the same about Michael but he played for the Wiz anyhow. Competitive spirits don't count losses, just wins.

DMC
03-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Pop in NY would be interesting. He's not leaving SA before Tim retires, but I wouldn't put it past him to go at the same time.

Giuseppe
03-14-2012, 04:13 AM

& have for quite a while too.

rayjayjohnson
03-14-2012, 04:33 AM
Pringles in SA would be hilarious.

jag
03-14-2012, 07:34 AM
& have for quite a while too.

What don't you like about Pop, Culburn?

DMC
03-14-2012, 10:30 AM
:lol today's players wanting to run the teams they play on instead of running the sets they are told to run.

:lol Melo thinking he's got some background on knowing how to win games

:lol Mike D'Antoni's system a running joke in the NBA

:lol Amare not realizing it yet

DMC
03-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Yeah he's done.

Expert
04-30-2014, 10:04 PM
Yeah he's done.

And again