PDA

View Full Version : How much is Dwight worth?

jag
03-14-2012, 07:53 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=726urtd

Nets receive:
Dwight Howard

Magic receive:
Brook Lopez
Kris Humphries
Marshon Brooks
Anthony Morrow

If you're the Magic, do you make this deal?

If you're the Nets, do you make this deal?

** This is just speculation on my part. Dwight obviously wants to be dealt to the Nets so I'm trying to think of what the Magic would want in return, and how much the Nets would be willing to part with.**

Scrub
03-14-2012, 08:10 AM
No, if I'm the Nets I do not do this deal. If I'm Nets I call Dwight and tell him not to get traded anywhere if it's in his power.

DWill
Brooks/Morrow
top 3 2012 draft pick
Lopez
Dwight
...will look good next season in Brooklyn. Make Knicks your bitch for the next decade and call it a night.

Scrub
03-14-2012, 08:17 AM
...or maybe leave Lopez to Magic in a S/T and rather sign Kirilenko. At least he can play D and rebound.

jag
03-14-2012, 08:24 AM
No, if I'm the Nets I do not do this deal. If I'm Nets I call Dwight and tell him not to get traded anywhere if it's in his power.

DWill
Brooks/Morrow
top 3 2012 draft pick
Lopez
Dwight
...will look good next season in Brooklyn. Make Knicks your bitch for the next decade and call it a night.

Well that's a given. But the Magic will only hold onto Dwight if Otis Smith is a full blown retard (which is possible). If I'm the Magic, I try to force a deal with the Nets by threatening to trade him elsewhere. Then I do the Nets like the Nuggets did the Knicks.

Scrub
03-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Well the Magic can threaten all they want, they have zero leverage. Dwight can just say: fuck off, I won't sigh an extension with nobody, not even with the Nets. Then all the Magic can get is some meh deal from a desperate team that wants to rent Dwight for 20 games. Orlando is fucked tbh.

mudyez
03-14-2012, 08:51 AM
guess he is worth a the #4 pick + a 2ndrounder this year and a 1st rounder in 2013 and 2014 each.

Fabbs
03-14-2012, 08:53 AM
Well the Magic can threaten all they want, they have zero leverage. Dwight can just say: fuck off, I won't sigh an extension with nobody, not even with the Nets. Then all the Magic can get is some meh deal from a desperate team that wants to rent Dwight for 20 games. Orlando is fucked tbh.
Yeah i mean unless he wants to *thank* the Magic for years of bank, it's not in his or his would-be new teams interest to trade a bunch of their best/better players for 20 games. They could just stay on the team and get Howard for the start of next season.

Whats the historical perspective? Last time(s) an NBA super went past the trade deadline?

Fabbs
03-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Laker Fan keeps dreaming of another Kobe bailout -and why shouldn't they? :lol

No way Orlando does Shraq 2.
Besides, even if Bynum is the best Orlando can do, from Howards point of view The Flamers would be that much better if he waited til UFA. Have Howard and Bynum if Howard decides to be a sell out.

Double-Up
03-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Dwight has to be careful how he handles this. It seems he's tipped his hand to where he wants to go, and he's trying to mislead Orlando about it as well. Orlando would be stupid not to trade him at this point. The best they can get is a Bynum for Dwight deal at this point.

Just like the best you can get are drunk obese bitches, right? Get real nigga.

jjktkk
03-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Magic are definitely screwed. The Nets proposal is a joke, but OTH, do you risk letting Howard walk after the season. Imo, if I was the Magic, I would have to gamble and hope some other team can make a better offer than NJ. Huge gamble though.

DMC
03-14-2012, 10:35 AM
:lol The new NBA, wholesaling entire teams for a Nike ad.

Spurs da champs
03-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Well that's a given. But the Magic will only hold onto Dwight if Otis Smith is a full blown retard (which is possible). If I'm the Magic, I try to force a deal with the Nets by threatening to trade him elsewhere. Then I do the Nets like the Nuggets did the Knicks.

The guy traded for Gilbert Arenas, does that answer your question?

The Nets need to hang on to Brooks though that guy is gonna be really good.

Donkeybong
03-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Melo for Howard

Brazil
03-14-2012, 11:29 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=726urtd

Nets receive:
Dwight Howard

Magic receive:
Brook Lopez
Kris Humphries
Marshon Brooks
Anthony Morrow

If you're the Magic, do you make this deal? YES

If you're the Nets, do you make this deal? NO

** This is just speculation on my part. Dwight obviously wants to be dealt to the Nets so I'm trying to think of what the Magic would want in return, and how much the Nets would be willing to part with.**

baseline bum
03-14-2012, 12:18 PM
...or maybe leave Lopez to Magic in a S/T and rather sign Kirilenko. At least he can play D and rebound.

I'd rather draft Gilchrist or Barnes to be my defensive SF, unless I can get the #1 pick and make the no-brainer selection of Anthony Davis.

baseline bum
03-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Laker Fan keeps dreaming of another Kobe bailout -and why shouldn't they? :lol

No way Orlando does Shraq 2.
Besides, even if Bynum is the best Orlando can do, from Howards point of view The Flamers would be that much better if he waited til UFA. Have Howard and Bynum if Howard decides to be a sell out.

The Lakers couldn't clear a cent of caproom by renouncing Bynum and amnestying Artest. They could clear $9 million by amnestying Gasol and renouncing Bynum, but that would be stupid since Dwight will command twice that.