PDA

View Full Version : Diaw news: D'Antoni out at Knicks.

iManu
03-14-2012, 02:01 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/03/14/mike.dantoni.knicks/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Who would you rather play with, Amare, Melo, and Lin or Tony, Manu, and Tim?

Caeman
03-14-2012, 02:05 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/03/14/mike.dantoni.knicks/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Who would you rather play in New York or San Antonio?

Fixed that for you.

slick'81
03-14-2012, 02:09 PM
wait and c if diaw isnt traded first

Paranoid Pop
03-14-2012, 02:18 PM
There's still New Jersey and even if they don't get him who knows what Charlotte will do with him... Trying not to get my hopes up.

will_spurs
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
At least it's clear that the Knicks are out.

jermaine
03-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Seriously, don't the Knicks already have like 50 niggas, 1 white boy, 2 players mixed with sum of Whateva the fuck, an 1 Chinaman?

hater
03-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Seriously, don't the Knicks already have like 50 niggas, 1 white boy, 2 players mixed with sum of Whateva the fuck, an 1 Chinaman?

not everything that pops into ya head should be posted

ElNono
03-14-2012, 02:37 PM
I wonder what's next for SSOL...

coyotes_geek
03-14-2012, 02:43 PM

My guess would be the college ranks, trying to recreate some Paul Westphal / LMU magic.

Hooks
03-14-2012, 02:49 PM
It definitely looks like Diaw would come to the Spurs now that his head former head coach is gone. BUT I wouldn't be surprised if NY is still his number 1 option, dude likes to party a lot and would love NY's night life. He seems like a slacker to me.

703 Spurz
03-14-2012, 02:52 PM

Who would you rather play with, Amare, Melo, and Lin or Tony, Manu, and Tim?

Why do you mention Lin? He isn't shit compared to the other 5 guys you mentioned

Spurs Brazil
03-14-2012, 02:53 PM
D'Antoni sucks. I was surprised the Knicks didn't fire him before this season

timvp
03-14-2012, 02:53 PM
The only question with the Knicks now is whether they make a run at Phil Jackson now or wait until the end of the season to hire him.

ElNono
03-14-2012, 02:57 PM
If Phil Jackson goes in, both melo and amare are out, IMO... the triangle? math is hard, bro...

That said, they should allow the Knicks to land good pieces for Phil to put together a dominant team... Probably fetch Odom from the Mavs and Gasol from LA... would be good timing...

ElNono
03-14-2012, 02:59 PM
trade deadline tomorrow, IIRC though... so offseason looks more likely

bresilhac
03-14-2012, 03:00 PM
The only question with the Knicks now is whether they make a run at Phil Jackson now or wait until the end of the season to hire him.

The Knicks will be forever broken as a franchise. Jackson would have to be half out of his mind to come out of a comfortable retirement to try and coach that ragtag bunch of misfits. The team has no potential.

will_spurs
03-14-2012, 03:02 PM

Clippers have all the components: a PG who can pass, a big, young guys who can run, and a challenged coach.

Nets might be interested too.

And then there's always the Colangelo connection with Toronto.

Mugen
03-14-2012, 03:04 PM
lol no way Phil goes there right now. He'd still have to do some actual coaching with that squad, instead of just managing egos.

Maybe if the Knicks picked up another superstar or flip pieces for a better fit over the summer.

It's no coincidence that PJ got out when a superteam was being built in Miami and he wasn't coaching.

DJB
03-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Diaw put on inactive list tonight...

lefty
03-14-2012, 03:18 PM
I think Woodson will be a good temporary solution

And Jackson will have it his way; before accpeting the job, he will make sure he can win with the roster he will coach

Also Amare doesnt play a lick of D and can't rebound to save his life

And then you have Fatmelo destroying the offensive flow

If KFC is in, Melo is out; Amare? KFC will convince him to do the little things to help the team win

Hoops Czar
03-14-2012, 03:24 PM

That's a negative. Phil wants championships handed to him rather than build one from scratch. This isn't the same as Jordan/Pippen or Kobe/Shaq. This roster isn't built to win a championship and without trading away one of either Melo or Amare, they don't have a lot of money or cap space to work with.

therealtruth
03-14-2012, 04:04 PM
I would like to see Phil take the NY job. He excels at taking talented underachievers to the next level. The Knicks certainly have the talent they just need to make the right adjustments.

jermaine
03-14-2012, 05:12 PM
not everything that pops into ya head should be posted

I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else. I don't aim to offend anyone. But if your intent was to disrespect me in any way, EAT A DICK BITCH!!!

lefty
03-14-2012, 05:15 PM
I would like to see Phil take the NY job. MJ and Shaq excel at taking talented underachievers to the next level. The Knicks certainly don't have the talent they just need to make the right adjustments.

Hoops Czar
03-14-2012, 05:37 PM
I would like to see Phil take the NY job. He excels at taking talented underachievers to the next level. The Knicks certainly have the talent they just need to make the right adjustments.

Phil is 67 with deteriorating health. He won't come back to rebuild and the knicks have too many ?'s as is. And even he knows you can't build a championship around Melo.

DMC
03-14-2012, 05:41 PM
I think they go now for Phil, because they are on the playoff bubble. Were they dead last, not even a question they would wait.

So if they bring in Phil, Does Melo become Kobe 2.0?

wildbill2u
03-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Diaw put on inactive list tonight...

You don't take a chance on an injury on trade bait. Something may be in works, but not necessarily with Spurs.

DesignatedT
03-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Well know by tomorrow.

ace3g
03-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Actually Diaw is suppose to be active for tonight

@rick_bonnell: Plan is for Boris Diaw to be active tonight. Could be his last game with #Bobcats.

--

He reported the previous game that he would be activated due to Najera sore knee.

--

Granted he only played 11 min the other night. I would hate for him to be traded to team just for the use of his contract.

Brutalis
03-14-2012, 11:05 PM
D'Antoni is a horrible coach. Just ask the players he's coached, they never like dude.

It's not shocking he had a job this long with so many lame coaches about but still, dude coaches zero defense and his offense is always rough looking when he's supposed to be an offensive genius.

DMC
03-14-2012, 11:10 PM
When a coach wins CoY after their team gets some really high end talent due to draft picks or some crazy trade, and they turn their record around the following season, that coach has a ticket to ride for a while in the league before being exposed as a fraud. He's got that time to make himself a decent coach, but Mike D should be coaching in Europe.

TampaDude
03-14-2012, 11:43 PM
Folks, let's get one thing straight...Phil Jackson is RETIRED...he's not going to be coaching in the NBA anymore, ever...EVER.

I think Calipari might go to the Knicks after this season. Outside shot Van Gundy could get the spot if he gets canned by Orlando...but that's not too likely.