PDA

View Full Version : 48MoH: In an alternate reality ...

Spursfanfromafar
03-15-2012, 04:04 AM
Its almost an Onion piece that brings the best of the Spurs (and Duncan) and the worst of Howard (and the Magic) in a counterfactual based story -

In an odd sort of homecoming, when he steps on the AT&T Center floor he once helped build, Magic center Tim Duncan will face not only Dwight Howard, but the greatest What If of his career.
Duncan, of course, has been at the center of many trade rumors circulating out of Orlando. At the end of his career, surrounded by a mediocre supporting cast with a bloated payroll his fading all around talents can no longer support, Duncan’s combination of expiring contract, leadership, and production are being shopped as the only asset for a Magic team looking to rebuild.
Duncan’s impending free agency is vastly different from his first one. It was nearly a decade ago, coming of a knee injury that cost the Spurs an opportunity to defend their championship, that Duncan quietly slipped into free agency only to make waves by landing in Orlando with Grant Hill.

Read more: http://www.48minutesofhell.com/in-an-alternate-reality-tim-duncans-odd-homecoming#ixzz1pAstuU1U

SpursPreacher
03-15-2012, 05:30 AM
I dont know if thats a suppose to be a good what if or a nightmare I wanna escape from.

Twisted_Dawg
03-15-2012, 06:02 AM
Popovich said, "I'm going to retire when Dwighty retires!"