PDA

View Full Version : Karzai wants us out of villages...

CosmicCowboy
03-15-2012, 09:49 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/afghanistan-wants-early-takeover-security-karzai-004101518.html

Afghanistan wants to take over control of the nation's security in 2013 not 2014 and for US troops to pull out of villages, President Hamid Karzai said Thursday, just days after a US soldier massacred 16 villagers.
Karzai told visiting US defence chief Leon Panetta that "Afghanistan is ready to take overall security responsibility", a statement from his office said.
"Our demand is that this process should be executed sharply and the responsibility should be handed over to to Afghans."
Karzai said both sides should work together so that the process of handing security from international troops to Afghan forces would be completed in 2013 rather than 2014, the statement said.
The president also wants the United States to pull all its troops out of villages, where they have outposts, and relocate them in their bases.
International forces should "be withdrawn from villages and relocated in their bases", the statement said.
Panetta's visit had been billed as an opportunity to smooth over relations with Afghan leaders, which took a severe knock when a US soldier allegedly massacred 16 villagers on Sunday and copies of the Koran were burnt last month.
Panetta said after the meeting he was "confident" the United States and Afghanistan would work out a treaty allowing a US military presence in the country beyond a pullout in 2014.
Panetta said he was optimistic that both sides would reach an agreement on night raids -- a major issue blocking the treaty -- ahead of a NATO summit in Chicago in May.

CosmicCowboy
03-15-2012, 09:50 AM
I agree. In fact lets take it one step further. Lets pack up our troops, our equipment, and our money and get the hell out of that shithole for good.

cheguevara
03-15-2012, 09:55 AM
I agree. In fact lets take it one step further. Lets pack up our troops, our equipment, and our money and get the hell out of that shithole for good.

:tu "never fight a land war in asia"

had the russians done this on time in the 80s, the USSR would have survived a lot longer, maybe even still be alive today

Afghanistan is a black hole like Vietnam.

coyotes_geek
03-15-2012, 10:09 AM
:tu The villages are all yours Karzai.

George Gervin's Afro
03-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Pray for the women in the villages

EVAY
03-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Afghanistan: Where empires go to die.

EVAY
03-16-2012, 06:10 PM
I was originally in favor of the war in Afghanistan because they were in fact protecting terrorists.

Now...I say if they don't want us...get our asses out of there!!

EVAY
03-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Pray for the women in the villages

I'm afraid we have to pray for them whether we leave now or in 2014.

Crookshanks
03-17-2012, 12:02 AM

I agree! I believed in the war at the beginning, but now I think we've done all we can and it's time to bring our troops home.

TDMVPDPOY
03-17-2012, 12:12 AM
coalition forces pull out, taliban is going to take back whats there, lol karzai fleeing

boutons_deux
03-17-2012, 02:32 AM
Imperial, murderous American invaders were always going to lose in Afghanistan, because the Afghans and Pakis will ALWAYS out-wait the invaders.

America will pull out, and the Taleban will take over. 1000s of US lives wasted, $Ts wasted, and 10s of 1000s of Afghan and Paki non-combattants murdered.

Halberto
03-17-2012, 05:07 AM
I blame Halliburton for this

spursncowboys
03-17-2012, 08:57 AM
:tu "never fight a land war in asia"

had the russians done this on time in the 80s, the USSR would have survived a lot longer, maybe even still be alive today

Afghanistan is a black hole like Vietnam.

The problem with Afghanistan is they don't feel they are a country. The Pashtuns are Pashtuns. Regardless of who is in charge in kabul, they will live their life the way they live. They have no problem if taliban or americans are in charge.

however the way they treat women is horrendous. With us there girls get to go to school. my entire tour one thing that was consistent was the drive bys and murdering of teachers and girls at school.

strategically there is no reason for us to still be in afghanistan. unless we are still using the bush doctrine which obama isn't.

The_Worlds_finest
03-17-2012, 12:09 PM
We need to stop playing god and let Darwin go to work....

The_Worlds_finest
03-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Spurs cowboys, let's go in and take all their women, and let the populate die off naturally, it's not like they will miss them, we all know what man love Thursday is about!

ElNono
03-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Only took this long to figure this out?

lol greeted as liberators

spursncowboys
03-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Spurs cowboys, let's go in and take all their women, and let the populate die off naturally, it's not like they will miss them, we all know what man love Thursday is about!

:lmao take the women and you take away the only people in that country who work. Except of course for the chi boys.

Jacob1983
03-17-2012, 10:41 PM
So Afghanistan will force America out just like Iraq forced America out and Barry will take the credit for ending both wars.

spursncowboys
03-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Yeah he takes credit for Bin Laden when we would never have caught him if we were using his methods of fighting terrorists...err criminals.

spursncowboys
Iran would have a nuke

spursncowboys
Saddam would still be around.

Winehole23
03-18-2012, 12:42 AM
Yeah he takes credit for Bin Laden when we would never have caught him if we were using his methods of fighting terrorists...err criminals.What methods? By "his" you mean Obama's, correct?

Saddam would still be around. Hard to see how Obama's incompetence could revivify Saddam.

Iran would have a nukeWhy doesn't it already?

Again, hard to see how Obama's supposed lenience toward Iran makes them better nuclear engineers than they actually are.

Jacob1983
03-18-2012, 01:17 AM
America killed JFK but it took them 10 years to find the guy that was responsible for 9/11? You fuckin kidding me?

Winehole23
03-18-2012, 01:19 AM
America killed JFK?

Jacob1983
03-18-2012, 02:34 AM
You really think there was nothing suspicious about JFK's death?

Wild Cobra
03-18-2012, 03:09 AM
You really think there was nothing suspicious about JFK's death?
I think there was a freak set of things that happened, but that doesn't make it a conspiracy.