PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: a tale told by idiots

YoMamaIsCallin
03-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Outstanding article.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/17815578/the-knicks-story-told-by-idiots-full-of-sound-and-fury-signifying-nothing

But they were always talking about the magic of the Knicks as though there actually is some, when in fact it is one of America's most underperforming franchises.

The Knicks are in short a trap, both for themselves and for their fan base.

Crytek
03-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Outstanding Owner.

wanggi
03-15-2012, 09:21 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhymsARP5swA3b37_iDcuZu8vLYF?slug=dw-wetzel_carmelo_anthony_knicks_james_dolan_031412

Technique
03-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Like the Heat a year past, it's now cool to hate on the Knicks and Melo. Fact is, New York is one of the most talented teams in the league. Once the coaching situation is settled there's going to be a crow buffet.

Haters gon' hate :p:

wanggi
03-15-2012, 09:51 PM
The pathetic thing is they assume that they are on the right track for saving the puzzle after they massacred the Blazers.

Indazone
03-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Woodson is a good coach but I don't think he'll be able to save this trainwreck

Russ
03-15-2012, 10:18 PM
The Knicks are unwilling to bite the bullet and rebuild.

The impatient NY public won't allow it.

They will never win with their approach. They are a prisoner of the large market they are in.

Kai
03-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Fun watching this train wreck of an organization, and the fact that the Rockets own their draft pick this year makes it even sweeter.

Technique
03-15-2012, 10:36 PM

They will never win with their approach. They are a prisoner of the large market they are in.

I wouldn't say never, but you're right. For the past decade now, the Knicks went with the instant gratification approach, the fix it now 'solution'. Melo is the latest example, instead of waiting a year to sign a star they trade their most valuable assets for a big name.

With that said, the Knicks team right now has more potential than any team in the league. The raw talent of the players makes the Knicks hard to ignore; and that's why the Knicks are the most popular team below .500 in the history of the league. The next step is picking up a solid coach, there are so many options. Now that the Knicks are back to revolving the offense around Amar'e and Melo (which should have been that way from day 1) things can only get better.

SenorSpur
03-15-2012, 10:48 PM

Instead they're content to just spend their wheels incessantly on this "treadmill of mediocrity".

Technique
03-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Instead they're content to just spend their wheels incessantly on this "treadmill of mediocrity".

You're wrong. New York is never content, we won't have it.

Every sports franchise in New York is here to win. This ain't Montana.

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 07:54 PM
I was watching the half time show of the Heat game and the fucking animals were climbing over one another to put Lin in his place and prop up Anthony & Amare.

Centralized sports in America.

Fuck me.

DMC
03-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Funny I heard the commentators on ESPN talking about how the "Linsanity is over" and laughing about it, as if they weren't the ones who hyped the shit to begin with. They did the same with Tebow and "The Decision" and The Heat Index.

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 11:55 PM
D, gettin' his fart catcher on.

DMC
03-16-2012, 11:57 PM
D, gettin' his fart catcher on.
Dale "I never defend" Robinson.

You don't know whether to shit or go blind.

Giuseppe
03-17-2012, 03:57 AM
Dale "I never defend" Robinson.

You don't know whether to shit or go blind.

But, I know when I hear an echo of my words.

tee, hee.

wanggi
03-17-2012, 06:36 AM
But, I know when I hear an echo of my words.

tee, hee.

Only the Kobists and Black Mamba's disciples play "hear-an-eco" card.

Giuseppe
03-17-2012, 08:00 AM
^:rolleyes

Koolaid_Man
03-17-2012, 09:01 AM
Outstanding article.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/17815578/the-knicks-story-told-by-idiots-full-of-sound-and-fury-signifying-nothing

I'm just glad a rich, well respected, and tenured white man is taking the fall now...this actually makes the job that Zeke did look pretty dam good given the difference in personnel that Dan Toni and Zeke had to work with...now I'm just waiting for the media to turn on the white guy just like they did Zeke...then my faith in the American justice system will be restored.

Giuseppe
03-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Funny I heard the commentators on ESPN talking about how the "Linsanity is over" and laughing about it

They also were of one voice in warning Stephen Jackson that Duncan, Parker and Manu would put up with nary shenanigans in their locker room.

As if.