PDA

View Full Version : McDyess should replace Sheed

DDS4
06-20-2005, 03:21 PM
We haven't found an answer for McDyess and I don't think we will. If there's one player that has played well all series besides Chauncey, it's Dice.

Besides Sheed's brainfart, the Pistons can't afford anymore mistakes. Dice should have played more than 17 minutes last night.

Sense
06-20-2005, 03:27 PM
There's nothing really to get an answer to...

Rasheed and Mcdyess are both SHOOTERS... ALL THEY DO IS SHOOT..

All of it, you see it coming when they move back and do a fadeaway shot.

They are so predictable... I guaratee that they will only shoot the rest of the series..

And Duncan will not be able to get them just like always.

td4mvp3
06-20-2005, 03:46 PM
plus, it seems like teams just run to the basket when mcdyss is in.

ducks
06-20-2005, 03:47 PM
dude we are talking about the great overrated larry brown here
if he benched sheed
sheed would tell larry to go to...

nkdlunch
06-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Best thing that can happen to the Spurs, LBrown tells Pistons "you guys figure it out"

1Parker1
06-20-2005, 03:52 PM
That's actually not a bad idea if your Larry Brown. I don't think he'd do it in a million years, however, and I highly doubt Rasheed would take the news as well and great as Manu.

Although, the flip side is, Mcdyess wouldn't be able to defend Duncan as well as Sheed can.

CalsonicKansei
06-20-2005, 03:53 PM
McDyess is good but he is old already and they only way he was playing good is because of the game 3 and 4 blowouts. They put him in and after the spurs were already losing and decided to focus on this past game. He really is not that good.

1Parker1
06-20-2005, 03:59 PM
McDyess is good but he is old already and they only way he was playing good is because of the game 3 and 4 blowouts. They put him in and after the spurs were already losing and decided to focus on this past game. He really is not that good.

You are kidding right? Mcdyess has been solid Games 1-5. He is a great 6th man and bench player. He comes in and gives the Pistons instant energy and offense when they become stagnant.

Sense
06-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Rasheed was the reason this team became a "team".... Why would they want him out of the lineup?

Numerous times the team has complimented him as the best player on the team, which obviously isn't true.. but if the team feels this way we blow them out.

Mcdyess has already set a tone as a role player and he wants to continue doing that.

ShoogarBear
06-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Sheed is anything but a shooter. In fact, you could make an argument that his biggest weakness (aside from the techs) is he doesn't shoot enough.

Spurminator
06-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Duncan would drop 40 on McDyess.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Dice's shot is hitting better than Wallace's, but Brown would miss Sheed on Duncan that's for sure. Just how many more minutes do you think Dice could handle? He's no spring chicken and while his knees aren't exactly shot they're still a concern for him and his coach.

I will say this for McDyess with the exception of game 2 he's been pretty aggressive all series in terms of making the most of his touches. Rasheed has looked seriously lost at times. If Rasheed weren't such a headcase then this move might be worth trying, and if it didn't pan out like they planned then Rasheed is fresh and sees heavier minutes down the stretch. But in reality I think he'd react by pouting and refusing to play his part.