PDA

View Full Version : I hope Mitch treated himself to some hookers and blow tonight

DeadlyDynasty
03-16-2012, 12:32 AM
He's earned it:tu

DPG21920
03-16-2012, 12:34 AM
Jax-son!

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 12:34 AM
Jax-son!

Quitter & coach burner.

pass1st
03-16-2012, 12:42 AM
I didn't realize we got Eyenga too

DeadlyDynasty
03-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Jax-son!

I like the trade, my brother...and I'm happy to see you genuinely excited about the Spurs again.

Bill_Brasky
03-16-2012, 12:52 AM
Spurs/Lakes made the best trades today. Congrats on finally getting rid of the thief.

mavs>spurs
03-16-2012, 01:00 AM
Why is laker fan creaming themselves over ramon sessions? i mean yeah it was a solid pickup, but nothing which should warrant all this.

DeadlyDynasty
03-16-2012, 01:05 AM
Why is laker fan creaming themselves over ramon sessions? i mean yeah it was a solid pickup, but nothing which should warrant all this.

It's not so much who they picked up as it is who was let go. Fish is an all-time Laker but his few and far between clutch moments of the past 2 years have been far outweighed by the 3.5 quarters of turnstile defense and inconsistent (at best offense). Addition by subtraction.

Getting rid of Luke Walton instantly makes any team better, too. The Lakers added youth and athleticism to a team that's currently 3rd in the West already.

Great day.

Killakobe81
03-16-2012, 01:16 AM
NOT a great day we let go of the Spur killer DMUTHAFUCKEN Fish ...we got better but this is a bittersweet day ...

mercos
03-16-2012, 02:50 AM
Good pickups by the Lakers. I didn't like letting Fisher go from a chemistry stand point. He would have been a good backup guard. I understand it would have been difficult to transition him to that position in the middle of the season. He really should not have been the starter from opening day. After getting bounced by Dallas last year he should have been moved to the bench and a better starting point guard should have been picked up.

The Chris Paul trade was supposed to be the solution, but I thought that was a sideways move at best. Breaking up the most dominant front court in the game was a crazy idea. I don't think Paul and Kobe would have worked well together, they both need the ball in their hands a lot to be successful. Sessions is a good fit. Adding Jordan Hill was a nice touch as well. The Lakers are back in contention, but I think they still need a little more firepower coming off the bench to compete with OKC.

hater
03-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Reality Check for lakerfan: Ramon Sessions is a decent backup PG. Nothing more. He could start for some lowe East teams, but most definitely not good enough as a starting for a West Playoff team.

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 09:07 AM
^But, is he going to actually start? Or, are they going to squirrel him away on the bench, afraid to look and let us look? Then in the offseason bally hoo the SOB.

tlongII
03-16-2012, 09:12 AM
The Blazers made the best trades yesterday BY FAR. We will now have 2 lottery picks in the deepest draft in years. Neither the Lakers or Spurs are going to win the title this year so your moves are irrelevant. Even if you did somehow miraculously ring it wouldn't matter since this is an asterisk (*) season! :lmao

hater
03-16-2012, 09:13 AM
he probably gonna eventually start cause he's most talented PG in the lakers. But he's a type of PG that needs the ball, how is that gonna work with Kobe?

tlongII
03-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Just LOSE Baby!

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Jax-son!

Welcome back to the West Capt, Jack....now give me your lunch money bitch...:lol ain't shit changed since you been gone....:lol

mYuva1vHTTs

nkdlunch
03-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Quitter & coach burner.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/614/541/1977155_crop_650x440.jpg

jag
03-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Reality Check for lakerfan: Ramon Sessions is a decent backup PG. Nothing more. He could start for some lowe East teams, but most definitely not good enough as a starting for a West Playoff team.

Reality check for anyone retarded enough to forget who he's replacing: Sessions is a massive upgrade over Fisher.

hater
03-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Reality check for anyone retarded enough to forget who he's replacing: Sessions is a massive upgrade over Fisher.

Any decent backup PG is. I already stated he is a decent backup PG.

jag
03-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Any decent backup PG is. I already stated he is a decent backup PG.

Should lakerfan not be excited about a massive upgrade at starting PG?

hater
03-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Should lakerfan not be excited about a massive upgrade at starting PG?

we'll see in the playoffs how "massive" it was. Fish still came through with some big shots to bail out Kobe even until last year

jag
03-16-2012, 11:13 AM
We're more excited because Luuuuukeeeeee is goneeeeeeee. Sessions will be of great help but he is not going to determine the Lakers season. It still boils down to KGB.

Sessions doesn't make or break a championship contender, but Fisher was a worthless traffic cone who needed to go. Spurs fan is jerking his meat over the Stephen Jackson trade, so it's funny to see him criticize Lakerfan for getting "too" excited about the Sessions/Walton deal with Sessions moving into the starting PG spot. Both teams saved big money with their respective deals, but it seems like Sessions is a potentially bigger upgrade over Fisher, than Jackson is over Jefferson. And for the record, I love the Jefferson/Jackson trade.

lefty
03-16-2012, 11:22 AM
The Blazers made the best trades yesterday BY FAR. We will now have 2 lottery picks in the deepest draft in years.

http://ajnba.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/sam-bowie_michael-jordan.jpeghttp://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/files/2009/12/DurantAndOden.jpg

Killakobe81
03-16-2012, 11:31 AM
http://ajnba.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/sam-bowie_michael-jordan.jpeghttp://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/files/2009/12/DurantAndOden.jpg

Sure. But you will pick Perry jones and Drummond over Kidd-Gilchrist and Barnes and Drummonds knee will explode and Gilchrist will blossom in to a star ....while Jones becomes Wes Matthews ...:lol

Stalin
03-16-2012, 12:10 PM
^ dont forget the #1 oden over #2 durant pics

hater
03-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Sessions doesn't make or break a championship contender, but Fisher was a worthless traffic cone who needed to go. Spurs fan is jerking his meat over the Stephen Jackson trade, so it's funny to see him criticize Lakerfan for getting "too" excited about the Sessions/Walton deal with Sessions moving into the starting PG spot.

well that's not me so don't quote my shit. Jax is a clear upgrade over Dick especially in the playoffs but no, he won't take the Spurs over the top. Just like Session won't for the Lakers. thus my "reality check"

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 12:28 PM
well that's not me so don't quote my shit. Jax is a clear upgrade over Dick especially in the playoffs

Make no mistake, Jackson crapped the bed in Milwaukee, effectively sabotaging the team and coach. It a dispicable act, but, SOP in the NBA. Milwaukee's loss is your gain. He'll show everybody that he's every bit as good as his best ever was.

And Media? (ssshhhh) They'll carry both ends of his log.

cheguevara
03-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Make no mistake, Jackson crapped the bed in Milwaukee, effectively sabotaging the team and coach. It a dispicable act, but, SOP in the NBA. Milwaukee's loss is your gain. He'll show everybody that he's every bit as good as his best ever was.

And Media? (ssshhhh) They'll carry both ends of his log.

way off

spurs = class :cry :cry

Former teammate Tim Duncan once labeled Jackson as the "ultimate teammate" during his days in San Antonio. ESPN analyst and sportswriter Michael Smith finds Jackson to be "articulate, charming, and thoughtful."[44]

Lang Whitaker, executive editor of Slam Magazine, states Jackson is "one of my favorite players, after all."[45]

Marcus Thompson of the Contra Costa Times conveys his opinion as such: "He takes the younger players under his wing, taking them shopping, dispensing advice, lending an ear. What's more, he does the little things that are unbecoming of a millionaire thug. He looks people in the eye when they talk to him, as if he cares about what they're saying. He frequently doles out handshakes, half-hugs and, to women, pecks on the cheek. He returns phone calls. He mends fences, lifts spirits, makes others feel special."[46] :cry

Gwen Knapp, of the San Francisco Chronicle states "He couldn't have been more charming or more engaged, the perfect face of the franchise."[47]
Former coaches Rick Carlisle and Don Nelson have constantly referred to Jackson's high character. On the Jim Rome show, Nelson stated Jackson is not simply a good person in the limited world of the NBA, but one of the finest people he has ever known.[48] Former Pacers executive Donnie Walsh, who was principally responsible for the Golden State trade, stated "I love Jack to death. He's emotional and he's going to get technicals. But that's just part of the package. He's a great team guy."[49]

During his 7-game suspension to begin the 2007–08 NBA season, Jackson decided to donate a significant portion of his time towards community service in the Oakland area, in order to make a positive impact while giving the public a chance to meet him. He organized several events, geared mainly towards children.[50] Additionally, during a game against the Toronto Raptors, Jackson paid tribute to forward Matt Barnes and his ailing mother whom he had left to support in her battle against cancer, by wearing the number 22 on his headband. Jackson also offered to miss his return from suspension if Barnes needed the support at home.[51]

Jackson is also known to attend Bible study with other Warriors such as Kelenna Azubuike, former Warrior Al Harrington, and Brandan Wright.[52] :lmao

Pairing up with Southwest Airlines, Jackson and the Warriors organization arranged an essay contest for elementary school students from his hometown of Port Arthur, which gave 10 third-graders the opportunity to meet Jackson and receive tickets to the following night's game.[53]

The NBA recognized Jackson for his ongoing charitable causes and presented him with the league's Community Assist Award for March 2008. During the month of March alone, he participated in a Silence the Violence rally, teamed up with Grammy Award-winner John Legend to raise funds for the Show Me Campaign, participated in a groundbreaking for a basketball court, and launched his own foundation.[54]

In conjunction with the Good Tidings Foundation, Jackson unveiled the Stephen Jackson Basketball Court at Omega Boys Club in San Francisco on April 11, 2008. Additionally, in honor of Jackson's continued commitment to the Bay Area community, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom proclaimed Saturday, April 12, 2008 – the day after the unveiling – as Stephen Jackson Day in San Francisco.[55]

pass1st
03-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Tlong thinking blazers will draft themselves into contention. Just like history repeated itself when blazers fell apart this season, they will draft 2 unhealthy players.

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Not to rain on the parade of the Sessions pickup for you fucks, but Kupcake is a highly overrated GM. Any schulb with an IQ around room temperature can succeed in LA's front-office. I'd guess 90% of NBA players have the Lakers as their number one destination, so if you can answer a phone and sign a check, you'll make your fair share of "great" deals. When in reality, owners and GMs often go full retard when dealing with the Lakers because they know if they refuse to deal a player the Lakers showed interest in, he'll either leave the moment he becomes a FA or sulk (on the flip side, look how players behave when it's a possibility the Lakers might trade them away).

pass1st
03-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Not to rain on the parade of the Sessions pickup for you fucks, but Kupcake is a highly overrated GM. Any schulb with an IQ around room temperature can succeed in LA's front-office. I'd guess 90% of NBA players have the Lakers as their number one destination, so if you can answer a phone and sign a check, you'll make your fair share of "great" deals. When in reality, owners and GMs often go full retard when dealing with the Lakers because they know if they refuse to deal a player the Lakers showed interest in, he'll either leave the moment he becomes a FA or sulk (on the flip side, look how players behave when it's a possibility the Lakers might trade them away).

He's overrated, but still worlds better than Buford

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 04:03 PM
He's overrated, but still worlds better than Buford

I agree. Popovich is the one who pulls all the strings in that organization. Buford is like the Jeanie Buss of the franchise.

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2012, 04:15 PM

Hello my fine friend....do me a favor:

FpgqAeIFj9I

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Hello my fine friend....do me a favor:

FpgqAeIFj9I

Lol. You were bitching at the arrival of Sessions and the departure of Fisher more than anyone else.

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Lol. You were bitching at the arrival of Sessions and the departure of Fisher more than anyone else.

Just showing all due respect to a true champ...now what you're doing is clearly bitching cuz you don't like the pace of the penetration...

My fine friend now that we have Sessions guess what I'm doing:

4pXfHLUlZf4

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Just showing all due respect to a true champ...now what you're doing is clearly bitching cuz you don't like the pace of the penetration...

My fine friend now that we have Sessions guess what I'm doing:

4pXfHLUlZf4

:lmao at .398 chucker being your savior.

Hey, maybe he'll teach Kobe how to shoot since that .398 is a number the Mamba (.375 over the last 5 games) would like to have lately. Considering that, I see why you're excited.

pass1st
03-16-2012, 04:27 PM
I agree. Popovich is the one who pulls all the strings in that organization. Buford is like the Jeanie Buss of the franchise.

Better GM than what Pop could be as well.

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2012, 04:34 PM
:lmao at .398 chucker being your savior.

Hey, maybe he'll teach Kobe how to shoot since that .398 is a number the Mamba (.375 over the last 5 games) would like to have lately. Considering that, I see why you're excited.

Kobe is gonna turn that boy into an All-Star reserve...Mark my words...:hat Sessions will have careers highs all across the boards :lmao

LkrFan
03-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Mitch is a G:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ziy6w7.gif

:lmao

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Mitch is a G:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ziy6w7.gif

the Minnesota owner actually thought he was hurting us by trying to be punitive and not trade Beasley...it's the very reason he'll never win shit...and those 5 titles we took with us from his shitty city he never see again :lmao

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Better GM than what Pop could be as well.

No.

Since Pop's been the official GM and defacto GM (we all know Buford doesn't wipe his ass without Pop's approval) 4 titles to 2 (I know Kup has been the GM since '00, but we all know Jerry West built the 3 peat Lakers), better winning percentage, and at about 60-70%% of what the Lakers routinely spend. Your GM is the same fuckin' guy who signed Kwame Brown and Smush Parker, signed Luke Walton to a ridiculously stupid contract, gutted your youth movement by trading away Trevor Ariza for an unpredictable and aging Ron Artest, letting Jordan Farmar and Shannon Brown walk (if Jordan Farmar was still with the team, there would've been no prior "point guard problem," but since the Lakers don't know how to develop role players, they gave up on him before he had a chance to grow), and let's not forget the massive failures Blake, Barnes, McRoberts, and Murphy have been.

Popovich has his fuckups as well (Bonner, Dick Jefferson, and trading away Scola for cash), but he's been more consistent than Kupchak over the last decade. Unlike the Lakers, the Spurs acquisitions have to be solid and also fiscally low risk, since they have no hope of ever attracting a high profile FA and can't afford to take too many chances, whereas the Lakers can sign and release at their whim.

Post-Shaq, and until he redeemed himself with the Gasol trade, Kupchak was a pariah in Lakerland. And if he was in any other front office, he wouldn't have the leverage he does to pull off the "steals" he (and West before him) are known for. A lot of it has to do with the simple fact they are with the Lakers.

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Kobe is gonna turn that boy into an All-Star reserve...Mark my words...:hat Sessions will have careers highs all across the boards :lmao

That's what you all told us about Shannon Brown :lmao

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 04:56 PM
the Minnesota owner actually thought he was hurting us by trying to be punitive and not trade Beasley...it's the very reason he'll never win shit...and those 5 titles we took with us from his shitty city he never see again :lmao

No. If he was stupid enough to trade Beasley for the trash the Lakers were offering, that would indicate an owner who is not committed and "will never win shit."

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2012, 05:08 PM
No. If he was stupid enough to trade Beasley for the trash the Lakers were offering, that would indicate an owner who is not committed and "will never win shit."

still crying a river I see...must suck to know you've arrived at the end of the rainbow only to find that pot of Gold filled with Kobe flyers....:lol

LkrFan
03-16-2012, 05:49 PM
No.

Since Pop's been the official GM and defacto GM (we all know Buford doesn't wipe his ass without Pop's approval) 4 titles to 2 (I know Kup has been the GM since '00, but we all know Jerry West built the 3 peat Lakers), better winning percentage, and at about 60-70%% of what the Lakers routinely spend. Your GM is the same fuckin' guy who signed Kwame Brown and Smush Parker, signed Luke Walton to a ridiculously stupid contract, gutted your youth movement by trading away Trevor Ariza for an unpredictable and aging Ron Artest, letting Jordan Farmar and Shannon Brown walk (if Jordan Farmar was still with the team, there would've been no prior "point guard problem," but since the Lakers don't know how to develop role players, they gave up on him before he had a chance to grow), and let's not forget the massive failures Blake, Barnes, McRoberts, and Murphy have been.

Popovich has his fuckups as well (Bonner, Dick Jefferson, and trading away Scola for cash), but he's been more consistent than Kupchak over the last decade. Unlike the Lakers, the Spurs acquisitions have to be solid and also fiscally low risk, since they have no hope of ever attracting a high profile FA and can't afford to take too many chances, whereas the Lakers can sign and release at their whim.

Post-Shaq, and until he redeemed himself with the Gasol trade, Kupchak was a pariah in Lakerland. And if he was in any other front office, he wouldn't have the leverage he does to pull off the "steals" he (and West before him) are known for. A lot of it has to do with the simple fact they are with the Lakers.

... yet you try to :downspin: that shit anyway. Since 2000...

Which GM positioned his team to have the most Finals appearances in the NBA since 2000?
Which GM positioned his team to win the most Finals since 2000?
Which GM positioned his team to repeat - and actually succeeded?
Which GM's team has the longest current championship window?
Which GM brought in the most talent to their team since 2000?
Which GM brought more :lobt2: to his organization?
Which GM was able to get rid of Luke, while the other kept the Red Rocket? :lol
So while you :downspin: shit, I'll be content with this (for now):

MK: 5 (and counting :toast), Pop/Buford: 3.

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 05:51 PM
... yet you try to :downspin: that shit anyway. Since 2000...

Which GM positioned his team to have the most Finals appearances in the NBA since 2000?
Which GM positioned his team to repeat - and actually succeeded?
Which GM's team has the longest current championship window?
Which GM brought in the most talent to their team since 2000?
Which GM brought more :lobt2: to his organization?
So while you :downspin: shit, I'll be content with this (for now):

MK: 2 (and counting :toast), Pop: 4.

Fixed.

Mitch didn't build the 3 peat teams, you ignorant fuck.

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Fixed.

He was alone for the last of the 3 peat and of course for the Back-to-Back.

LkrFan
03-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Fixed.

MK has been under the Logo's wing for a looooongggg time before PJ caused the Logo to leave the Lakers. I'm sure he didn't have any input whatsoever with personnel decisions - when he was clearly the heir apparent for the job. :rolleyes

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 06:00 PM
MK has been under the Logo's wing for a looooongggg time before PJ caused the Logo to leave the Lakers. I'm sure he didn't have any input whatsoever with personnel decisions - when he was clearly the heir apparent for the job. :rolleyes

Now you're the one :downspin:

West built those teams. Quit crediting Kupcock with shit he doesn't deserve.

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2012, 06:04 PM

He was part of the decision making so Lkrfan is right again

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 06:06 PM
He was part of the decision making so Lkrfan is right again

:sleep

Jerry West built those teams. Prove me wrong.

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2012, 06:08 PM
:sleep

Jerry West built those teams. Prove me wrong.

go look in the mirror :lol

LkrFan
03-16-2012, 06:13 PM

The Logo's health was bad by the 1st of the 3peat. I don't feel like digging up the articles, but he used to get really nervous when the Lakers played - even when they were heavily favored to win. He couldn't even watch games or be at the Forum or Staples as much as he once did. Eventually he had to take time away from the Lakers. PJ telling him to get the fuck out of the lockerroom was the straw that broke the camel's back (around 1999 during Shaq's MVP season).

During all this time, MK was there. He's been there since 1983 as a player. He got hurt around 1987 and had to retire. He became part of the Laker FO around 1988 to begin his apprenticeship. So technically, it's MK: 6, Pop/Buford 4. ;) He's been on the job training since 1988. Learned his craft from the best GM in NBA history for 12 years, then garnered 5 LOBs himself. Cementing his place in Laker lore and sending Pop/Buford to the tree of woe in the process. :downspin:

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 06:23 PM
The Logo's health was bad by the 1st of the 3peat. I don't feel like digging up the articles, but he used to get really nervous when the Lakers played - even when they were heavily favored to win. He couldn't even watch games or be at the Forum or Staples as much as he once did. Eventually he had to take time away from the Lakers. PJ telling him to get the fuck out of the lockerroom was the straw that broke the camel's back (around 1999 during Shaq's MVP season).

During all this time, MK was there. He's been there since 1983 as a player. He got hurt around 1987 and had to retire. He became part of the Laker FO around 1988 to begin his apprenticeship. So technically, it's MK: 6, Pop/Buford 4. He's been on the job training since 1988. Learned his craft from the best GM in NBA history for 12 years, then garnered 5 LOBs himself. Cementing his place in Laker lore and sending Pop/Buford to the tree of woe in the process. :downspin:

He didn't build those teams. I don't care if Jerry West was 6 feet fuckin' under. Every key player on those 3 peat teams was signed or drafted by Jerry West. Not to mention West was the person who hired Jackson. When a film wins an Academy Award, they don't hand the fuckin' Oscar to the assistant director.

Quit rewriting history for the purpose of propping up the latest Laker hero. I know you're all jizzing at the fact you got .398 shooter coming your way, but the way you Laker fucks are rimjobbing Kupchak after this signing is reaching levels of faggotry that would have even West Hollywood appalled.

LkrFan
03-16-2012, 06:27 PM
He didn't build those teams. I don't care if Jerry West was 6 feet fuckin' under. Every key player on those 3 peat teams was signed or drafted by Jerry West. Not to mention West was the person who hired Jackson. When a film wins an Academy Award, they don't hand the fuckin' Oscar to the assistant director.

Quit rewriting history for the purpose of propping up the latest Laker hero. I know you're all jizzing at the fact you got .398 shooter coming your way, but the way you Laker fucks are rimjobbing Kupchak after this signing is reaching levels of faggotry that would have even West Hollywood appalled.

I proved you wrong. You just refuse to acknowledge it. The Lakers org isn't a dictatorship. You think Logo made all of the decisions? You think he is dumb enough to not solicit help from Lester or MK? If you believe that shit, I got a $3 bill for you.

It would be dumb as hell to not listen to your assistants. I guess Pop didn't have any help with those championship Spur teams. He should get all of the credit because he was the GM turned HC? GTFO with that bullshit. You hypocritical bastard.

hehateme
03-16-2012, 06:33 PM
The Blazers made the best trades yesterday BY FAR. We will now have 2 lottery picks in the deepest draft in years. Neither the Lakers or Spurs are going to win the title this year so your moves are irrelevant. Even if you did somehow miraculously ring it wouldn't matter since this is an asterisk (*) season! :lmao

Best trades I will give you...but unfortunately your team can't even draft a solid player or players for that matter that can stay on the court longer than one season out of five years at best. Your best bet is to swing the big bucks for Drexler to come out of retirement to save your ass from extinction next to the Bobcats...hell at least Drexler could stay on the floor long enough to break a sweat.

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 06:33 PM
I proved you wrong. You just refuse to acknowledge it. The Lakers org isn't a dictatorship. You think Logo made all of the decisions? You think he is dumb enough to not solicit help from Lester or MK? If you believe that shit, I got a $3 bill for you.

It would be dumb as hell to not listen to your assistants. I guess Pop didn't have any help with those championship Spur teams. He should get all of the credit because he was the GM turned HC? GTFO with that bullshit. You hypocritical bastard.

Proved me wrong how? Assistant does not equal General Manager, you stupid fuck. At the end of the day, West had the final say (technically Jerry Buss, but I hope your retarded brain gets the point).

Since when do we give assistants majority credit for things? Oh, since dumbass Laker fan wants to prop up his flavor of the week crush.

As GM, Kupchak built 2 championship teams, and there's no amount of spin you can put on that fact to skew it otherwise.

LkrFan
03-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Proved me wrong how? Assistant does not equal General Manager, you stupid fuck. At the end of the day, West had the final say (technically Jerry Buss, but I hope your retarded brain gets the point).

Since when do we give assistants majority credit for things? Oh, since dumbass Laker fan wants to prop up his flavor of the week crush.

As GM, Kupchak built 2 championship teams, and there's no amount of spin you can put on that fact to skew it otherwise.

I seem to have struck a nerve. I'm sorry mid, you sensitive fuck :cry

Yes Dr. Buss does get the last say so - how did you know? :lol The trio of West, MK, and Lester were the masterminds behind all of the Lakers moves since at least 1988 (or so). Given the fact that the Logo hasn't had anything to do with the Lakers since probably 2000, and the fact that MK is the current GM for 12 years running who has brought 5 LOBs to LA (should have been 7 tbh), how can you say with a straight face that MK is not better than Pop or Buford? :lol

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 06:50 PM
I seem to have struck a nerve. I'm sorry mid, you sensitive fuck :cry

Yes Dr. Buss does get the last say so - how did you know? :lol The trio of West, MK, and Lester were the masterminds behind all of the Lakers moves since at least 1988 (or so). Given the fact that the Logo hasn't had anything to do with the Lakers since probably 2000, and the fact that MK is the current GM for 12 years running who has brought 5 LOBs to LA (should have been 7 tbh), how can you say with a straight face that MK is not better than Pop or Buford? :lol

Because he didn't bring 5 titles as GM to the Lakers. What move did he make during the 3 peat that was responsible for one of those championships?

Signing Samaki Walker :lmao

Kupchak inherited West's work during that period and simply turned the key. It's consensus those were West's teams. The groundwork was already laid and all Kupchak had to do was sit back with that stupid look he always has on his face and watch three title teams emerge.

LkrFan
03-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Because he didn't bring 5 titles as GM to the Lakers. What move did he make during the 3 peat that was responsible for one of those championships?

Signing Samaki Walker :lmao

Kupchak inherited West's work during that period and simply turned the key. It's consensus those were West's teams. The groundwork was already laid and all Kupchak had to do was sit back with that stupid look he always has on his face and watch three title teams emerge.

You trolling. I'm done with you on this topic. Proceed. :downspin:

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 07:12 PM
You trolling. I'm done with you on this topic. Proceed. :downspin:

Yeah, I'm trolling when all I've spoken are facts.

Who was the GM that signed Shaq, Phil Jackson, Rick Fox, Robert Horry, and drafted Derek Fisher and Kobe Bryant?

Mitch Kupchak?

pass1st
03-16-2012, 07:15 PM
No.

Why don't we boil it down to the ultimate success stat of a GM?

2000-2012: 5 chips
1999-2012: 4 chips

One primarily saw success through various trades, dealing with massive egos and a lot of pressure on his shoulders from a huge market that expects success. The other saw success primarily through drafts (Duncan [de-facto 1st pick], Manu & Parker as prime examples).

You can't say Mitch had it easy being a Laker GM when teams have animosity towards the franchise and there are extremely high expectations on him. Pop is in a small market team, fans don't have that feeling of entitlement that LAL fans do and thus the pressure is not so high. Mitch had to try and enact miracles and was forced to roll the dice very often.

I would rank Mitch #1 as a GM, Pop, I dunno, he's the best draft picker I guess.

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Why don't we boil it down to the ultimate success stat of a GM?

2000-2012: 5 chips
1999-2012: 4 chips

One primarily saw success through various trades, dealing with massive egos and a lot of pressure on his shoulders from a huge market that expects success. The other saw success primarily through drafts (Duncan [de-facto 1st pick], Manu & Parker as prime examples).

You can't say Mitch had it easy being a Laker GM when teams have animosity towards the franchise and there are extremely high expectations on him. Pop is in a small market team, fans don't have that feeling of entitlement that LAL fans do and thus the pressure is not so high. Mitch had to try and enact miracles and was forced to roll the dice very often.

I would rank Mitch #1 as a GM, Pop, I dunno, he's the best draft picker I guess.

Mitch did not build the 3 peat teams. I don't care what his official title was during that period. To give him majority credit for that success is something of an insult to Jerry West.

And as far as other team's executives having animosity towards the Lakers, it's not evident from the deals the Lakers constantly get from other teams. As I explained, it has a lot to do with the smaller market franchises wanting to exchange their good veteran players who they don't want to give relatively large contracts to for late first round picks, hoping those picks will produce a similar skilled player at a much lower cost. Then when that player reaches his contract year, the said small market/cheap franchise repeats the process. I simply don't think Kupchak is that much of a genius when fans on message boards were saying Sessions could be had for a bag of chips.

With regard to Pop, since when is making good draft picks not part of a GMs job? Pop's last 4 years have been mediocre and at times, down right retarded (the Scola gaff likely cost the Spurs a title shot in '08), but from 1999-07, there was no better NBA executive.

pass1st
03-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Mitch did not build the 3 peat teams. I don't care what his official title was during that period. To give him majority credit for that success is something of an insult to Jerry West.

And as far as other team's executives having animosity towards the Lakers, it's not evident from the deals the Lakers constantly get from other teams. As I explained, it has a lot to do with the smaller market franchises wanting to exchange their good veteran players who they don't want to give relatively large contracts to for late first round picks, hoping those picks will produce a similar skilled player at a much lower cost. Then when that player reaches his contract year, the said small market/cheap franchise repeats the process. I simply don't think Kupchak is that much of a genius when fans on message boards were saying Sessions could be had for a bag of chips.

With regard to Pop, since when is making good draft picks not part of a GMs job? Pop's last 4 years have been mediocre and at times, down right retarded (the Scola gaff likely cost the Spurs a title shot in '08), but from 1999-07, there was no better NBA executive.

To give him no credit for it would be an insult to Mitch, he helped bring the team together and saw them through a 3peat.

Other teams have apparent animosity towards the Lakers, they don't like how they throw money around or how they "buy" titles. Although, when it comes to the point where a team has to rebuild or scrap what they can from their star players, LAL is the dream team for many players and it becomes easy to send players over here.

Does that make it easy for Mitch? No, it makes it easy for teams that want to deal with LAL. The difficulty for Mitch stems from the fact that LAL never lives for the future, the team lives for the moment. Mitch works around the big moves to ensure he can make deals.

After all, which teams are the ones who have the biggest agenda come trade deadline? Lakers + whoever is planning to blow their team up. I don't think any other GM could have kept a job so long on LAL.

I said he was a good draft picker because that was PART of the job, but it's only a park. For Lakers, it isn't a big part because they rarely get lotto picks. Admittedly, the FO isn't good at drafting; it's the moves & additions that really makes them shine.

Stalin
03-16-2012, 08:25 PM
^ great essays guys

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 08:37 PM
To give him no credit for it would be an insult to Mitch, he helped bring the team together and saw them through a 3peat.

Other teams have apparent animosity towards the Lakers, they don't like how they throw money around or how they "buy" titles. Although, when it comes to the point where a team has to rebuild or scrap what they can from their star players, LAL is the dream team for many players and it becomes easy to send players over here.

Does that make it easy for Mitch? No, it makes it easy for teams that want to deal with LAL. The difficulty for Mitch stems from the fact that LAL never lives for the future, the team lives for the moment. Mitch works around the big moves to ensure he can make deals.

After all, which teams are the ones who have the biggest agenda come trade deadline? Lakers + whoever is planning to blow their team up. I don't think any other GM could have kept a job so long on LAL.

I said he was a good draft picker because that was PART of the job, but it's only a park. For Lakers, it isn't a big part because they rarely get lotto picks. Admittedly, the FO isn't good at drafting; it's the moves & additions that really makes them shine.

Of course he deserves credit. But West was the orchestrater. He built the team from the ground up. He gutted Shaq's pretty damn good supporting cast of Nick the Quick, Eddie Jones, and Elden Campbell on the faith that a yet unproven Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher would supplement their absence. Then he brought in Phil Jackson to lead the way.

To assign Kupchak majority credit for those championships would be wrong.

Regarding draft picks, the Spurs rarely get lottery picks either. The Lakers have had more in the past 20 years than the Spurs. Because Peter Holt is such a cheap cocksucker (not to mention free agent aversion to San Antonio), the Spurs have to build through the draft and finding these "diamond in the rough" type players like Gary Neal on the cheap.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. In a West/Pop comparison, you'll get no argument from me that West is the better executive, but I personally believe Popovich is the better one than Kupchak. I don't think Kupchak would win in SA. I doubt he drafts Tony Parker or Ginobili, without whom, there's 3 less titles in SA, and shackled by Holt's shallow checkbook, along with being an undesirable location, he'd likely never land a high profile free agent.

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2012, 08:39 PM

Get a life and stop writing weak ass fantasy novels

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 08:45 PM

Too many words for your chimp brain to comprehend?

Pass is a real Laker nigguh. Actually from LA, unlike your Houston born posing ass.

pass1st
03-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Of course he deserves credit. But West was the orchestrater. He built the team from the ground up. He gutted Shaq's pretty damn good supporting cast of Nick the Quick, Eddie Jones, and Elden Campbell on the faith that a yet unproven Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher would supplement their absence. Then he brought in Phil Jackson to lead the way.

To assign Kupchak majority credit for those championships would be wrong.

Regarding draft picks, the Spurs rarely get lottery picks either. The Lakers have had more in the past 20 years than the Spurs. Because Peter Holt is such a cheap cocksucker (not to mention free agent aversion to San Antonio), the Spurs have to build through the draft and finding these "diamond in the rough" type players like Gary Neal on the cheap.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. In a West/Pop comparison, you'll get no argument from me that West is the better executive, but I personally believe Popovich is the better one than Kupchak. I don't think Kupchak would win in SA. I doubt he drafts Tony Parker or Ginobili, without whom, there's 3 less titles in SA, and shackled by Holt's shallow checkbook, along with being an undesirable location, he'd likely never land a high profile free agent.

Mitch did have to work with Buss, whom for the post-shaq/pre-gasol, had a cost saving mindset. I don't assign him the majority of the credit for the 3peat, but I give him credit for keeping the team together for as long as he did. We all know, especially Mavs, that after winning a title keeping the same cast isn't always easy unless the players are genuinely loyal.

Even with lotto picks, LAL wouldn't do much better than Blazers. The only true fault of our FO is that we can't draft well. Only recently has Bynum paid off.

At any rate, we are entitled to our own opinions. I have no criticism for spurs FO, they have a knack for putting together players that get along well.

pass1st
03-16-2012, 08:54 PM

Ever since you were pinked, you faded to obscurity. :lol

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Ever since you were pinked, you faded to obscurity. :lol

If you call my dick planted in your booty obscurity then sho u rite....:lol

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Too many words for your chimp brain to comprehend?

Pass is a real Laker nigguh. Actually from LA, unlike your Houston born posing ass.

Still on this Kool is from Houston kick I see.... :lmao

Listen it wouldn't matter if I'm from Uranus your ass will always belong to moi....pronounced moowaah....meaning to me :lmao

pass1st
03-16-2012, 09:51 PM
If you call my dick planted in your booty obscurity then sho u rite....:lol

Naw, I call it more homosexual fantasy from your 5'5 Houston-born ass.

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Naw, I call it more homosexual fantasy from your 5'5 Houston-born ass.
Deny all you want but I'm getting mine

pass1st
03-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Deny all you want but I'm getting mine

I don't waste time denying things, reality is what it is.

:lol5'5
:lolon welfare
:lolcloset homosexual

hehateme
03-16-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't waste time denying things, reality is what it is.

:lol5'5
:lolon welfare
:lolcloset homosexual

Just another straight trippin day for the koolaids man and his drag queen fashion....

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/149/5326e3753c374d349a5e53a34a24aac4/l.jpg

Double-Up
03-16-2012, 10:57 PM

Yea look what you did with that last lottery pick...keep jinxing them brah.