PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Announcement for BRHornet

LkrFan
03-16-2012, 02:45 AM
Loser: NBA/New Orleans Hornets

The Hornets gave Chris Kaman a leave of absence a month ago while openly shopping him, allowed him to return to enhance his trade value and then failed to move him. While there was some interest in Kaman, the Hornets will end up getting nothing for him after he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer.

The Hornets also unsuccessfully tried to trade forward Carl Landry, who also will hit the free-agent market this summer.

The way it looks now, the Hornets will have traded their franchise point guard (Paul) for a player who’s leaving (Kaman), a guard who’s played only two games and also could leave in the summer (Eric Gordon), underachieving forward Al-Farouq Aminu and a 2012 first-round pick that might not end up in the lottery.

Imagine how different it would be if NBA commissioner David Stern hadn’t vetoed a trade that would have given the Hornets guard Kevin Martin, forward Luis Scola, forward Lamar Odom and guard Goran Dragic.

LMAO (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-spears_nba_trade_deadline_winners_losers_031512) :lmao :lmao :lmao

venky
03-16-2012, 02:47 AM
:lmao

BRHornet45
03-16-2012, 03:08 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/1zb4g7m.gif

LkrFan
03-16-2012, 03:47 AM
^:lol

BRHornet45
03-16-2012, 04:06 AM
^:lol

Cocaine, mushrooms, ecstasy, GHB, Marijuana
She can suck it if she wanna

LkrFan
03-16-2012, 04:32 AM
Stern just fucked the Hornets real good. LA got to solving their point guard problem anyway and they didn't have to break up LA's biggest advantage.

^ Gets it. :lol

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 08:00 AM
C'mon, BR, come get some.

hater
03-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Stern. worst GM in history of professional sports

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2012, 09:15 AM
LMAO (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-spears_nba_trade_deadline_winners_losers_031512) :lmao :lmao :lmao

Let me jump in...from behind... on this particular fuck Session....:lmao:lmao:lmao

Pelicans78
03-16-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm glad Stern vetoed that trade. Odom and Scola have been garbage this season and Martin is no-defense chucker. The Hornets would have won too many games this season to tank and stuck with bad contracts. It would have been a dumb trade on their part which also would have helped two other teams in their conference.

Killakobe81
03-16-2012, 10:02 AM
What do you mean ... that it was NOT a good trade? Nah, not if you ask DPG.

Look Im not saying the Lakers trade was good. It's obvious that team is in slash payroll tank, mode.

But They could of done better. Anyone that says they could not ... is full of shit and probably suck at negotiating. They should of played the Lakers, Clippers and a few others AGAINST each other. Dwight maybe acting bitch-made, but the Magic have been granted time to either improve their team to keep Dwight OR force NJ and others to get in a bidding war for Howard. At the very least they should be able to pry Brooks, Lopez and Wallace or Humphries for Dwight. And now other teams besides the Mavs will have plenty of cap space to help facilitate trades. Hornets made a dumb move and if they dont get Davis or Barnes (not sold on Drummond or Perry Jones) then that trade was complete dog shit.

Killakobe81
03-16-2012, 10:05 AM
And again, the Lakers are not the point. It was not Stern's job to help fix the Lakers back-court. But In a trade when you have the biggest asset ...you are supposed to come out ahead. Clips maybe left with: Aminu and Perry Jones to show for a top 3 (some say best) PG in the game.

Pelicans78
03-16-2012, 10:10 AM
What do you mean ... that it was NOT a good trade? Nah, not if you ask DPG.

Look Im not saying the Lakers trade was good. It's obvious that team is in slash payroll tank, mode.

But They could of done better. Anyone that says they could not ... is full of shit and probably suck at negotiating. They should of played the Lakers, Clippers and a few others AGAINST each other. Dwight maybe acting bitch-made, but the Magic have been granted time to either improve their team to keep Dwight OR force NJ and others to get in a bidding war for Howard. At the very least they should be able to pry Brooks, Lopez and Wallace or Humphries for Dwight. And now other teams besides the Mavs will have plenty of cap space to help facilitate trades. Hornets made a dumb move and if they dont get Davis or Barnes (not sold on Drummond or Perry Jones) then that trade was complete dog shit.

Barnes is a piece of shit. Davis is easily the best player in this draft. Rather have Sullinger and Robinson over Barnes. Drummond and Jones won't be top 5 either. In fact, Kidd-Gilchrist is gonna be a better pro than Barnes. Barnes shoots well, but he doesn't score off the dribble. His ball-handling is iffy for a wing player and he won't be nearly the defender Kidd-Gilchrist. Sullinger and Robinson will be average 10/10 right away. I think Sullinger could average 18/10 right away.

If the Hornets would have waited to trade Paul, their record would be alot better right now ruining their draft status. Plus, they wouldn't have gotten a better player than Gordon. They can match any offer Gordon gets since he's a restricted FA. Trading Paul allowed them to tank, got them another potential lottery pick, Gordon (if he can stay healthy, which is a big if), and expiring contracts. If they waited to trade Paul now, they would have been a .500 team which would be disastrous.

Pelicans78
03-16-2012, 10:11 AM
And again, the Lakers are not the point. It was not Stern's job to help fix the Lakers back-court. But In a trade when you have the biggest asset ...you are supposed to come out ahead. Clips maybe left with: Aminu and Perry Jones to show for a top 3 (some say best) PG in the game.

But they only control Paul for one more season. If he doesnt resign, then they have to start over again and there is no guarantee he will resign. He wants to win a championship.

Bill_Brasky
03-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Martin, Scola, and Odom would not have made a difference. Dragic is the only player you mentioned that could have made them better, and they still wouldn't be anywhere close to contending. This season had tank written all over it for them.

Drachen
03-16-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm glad Stern vetoed that trade. Odom and Scola have been garbage this season and Martin is no-defense chucker. The Hornets would have won too many games this season to tank and stuck with bad contracts. It would have been a dumb trade on their part which also would have helped two other teams in their conference.

Odom might have been better.... he needs to be close to a beach.

Pelicans78
03-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Martin, Scola, and Odom would not have made a difference. Dragic is the only player you mentioned that could have made them better, and they still wouldn't be anywhere close to contending. This season had tank written all over it for them.

Ding-ding we have a winner.

Killakobe81
03-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Barnes is a piece of shit. Davis is easily the best player in this draft. Rather have Sullinger and Robinson over Barnes. Drummond and Jones won't be top 5 either. In fact, Kidd-Gilchrist is gonna be a better pro than Barnes. Barnes shoots well, but he doesn't score off the dribble. His ball-handling is iffy for a wing player and he won't be nearly the defender Kidd-Gilchrist. Sullinger and Robinson will be average 10/10 right away. I think Sullinger could average 18/10 right away.

If the Hornets would have waited to trade Paul, their record would be alot better right now ruining their draft status. Plus, they wouldn't have gotten a better player than Gordon. They can match any offer Gordon gets since he's a restricted FA. Trading Paul allowed them to tank, got them another potential lottery pick, Gordon (if he can stay healthy, which is a big if), and expiring contracts. If they waited to trade Paul now, they would have been a .500 team which would be disastrous.

Disagree to some extent. I never said they had to go the whole year with Paul. But the lockout shortened the off-season window. There was no need to rush. If Paul stayed past the start of the season and put up the numbers he has in Lob city .... didnt have to be all the way the deadline ... Hornets could of taken advantage. They could of forced Clips to up the ante like the Magic have done to the Nets. But in the short window they had an offer of Rondo, the Lakers deal and the CLips deal. think about it for a minute 78, the Clips bluffed the shit out of your team. THE CLIPPERS. If they did not come up with better assets they would of been Mo Wlliams streaky ass shooting with the occasional Blake or Jordan dunk. They needed Paul MORe than you needed THEIR assets. At the very least you could of seen how healthy gordon was and waited for bledsoe to return so you coul of taken him instead of aminu. My point is the nucleous of the Clip deal was never gonna go away. A few weeks of hardball could of gotten you more. Plus, they would of seen that the Minny pick wasnt all of that anyway. Lucky for them Rubio got hurt. I told you guys that pick wasnt gonna be all that great but many on here doubted me when i said Tpups were goona be "close" to the playoffs ...

I agree Sullinger is a beast but undersized PF. More times than not they turn out to be Corliss williamson rather than Kevin Love ...

Mugen
03-16-2012, 10:41 AM
still....Clipper Trade > Laker Trade

Killakobe81
03-16-2012, 10:47 AM
still....Clipper Trade > Laker Trade

WTF does that have to do with what I said? Im just clowing the trade itself. Rondo and scraps might be better than either deal. A combo of Rondo and Davis would be a great building block.

Pelicans78
03-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Disagree to some extent. I never said they had to go the whole year with Paul. But the lockout shortened the off-season window. There was no need to rush. If Paul stayed past the start of the season and put up the numbers he has in Lob city .... didnt have to be all the way the deadline ... Hornets could of taken advantage. They could of forced Clips to up the ante like the Magic have done to the Nets. But in the short window they had an offer of Rondo, the Lakers deal and the CLips deal. think about it for a minute 78, the Clips bluffed the shit out of your team. THE CLIPPERS. If they did not come up with better assets they would of been Mo Wlliams streaky ass shooting with the occasional Blake or Jordan dunk. They needed Paul MORe than you needed THEIR assets. At the very least you could of seen how healthy gordon was and waited for bledsoe to return so you coul of taken him instead of aminu. My point is the nucleous of the Clip deal was never gonna go away. A few weeks of hardball could of gotten you more. Plus, they would of seen that the Minny pick wasnt all of that anyway. Lucky for them Rubio got hurt. I told you guys that pick wasnt gonna be all that great but many on here doubted me when i said Tpups were goona be "close" to the playoffs ...

I agree Sullinger is a beast but undersized PF. More times than not they turn out to be Corliss williamson rather than Kevin Love ...

Well, I can't really argue about the Clippers bluffing. But I think they were really worried that the Clippers would move on since the Lakers moved on quickly by trading Odom away.

Plus, there were some talks that Paul wouldn't have even dressed for the Hornets. Not sure if it was true, but the team felt it was a toxic situation with him around. They probably could have waited, but not sure what other deal they could have done to get more young pieces, better draft picks or a player with the caliber of Gordon.

I think Sully will measure between 6'9-6'10. I may be wrong, but I hope not. I think Robinson is a bit undersized. I like Sully cause he has a natural post game and will rebound well. Barnes will have trouble scoring consistently since he doesn't handle the ball well.

Really Davis is the key and also the T-wolves losing. They have a tough stretch coming up but Love and Pekovic are beasting right now. I think Ridnour will be fine at the point, but they need their young wing players to step up.

Honestly, the Lakers trade would have been ok if Scola's salary was sent to the Lakers instead of the Hornets and if they would have gotten a couple of 1st round picks plus some younger players from the Rockets. Also, they could have traded Odom right away as well. The Rockets were stealing Gasol for nothing basically.

Killakobe81
03-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Well, I can't really argue about the Clippers bluffing. But I think they were really worried that the Clippers would move on since the Lakers moved on quickly by trading Odom away.

Plus, there were some talks that Paul wouldn't have even dressed for the Hornets. Not sure if it was true, but the team felt it was a toxic situation with him around. They probably could have waited, but not sure what other deal they could have done to get more young pieces, better draft picks or a player with the caliber of Gordon.

I think Sully will measure between 6'9-6'10. I may be wrong, but I hope not. I think Robinson is a bit undersized. I like Sully cause he has a natural post game and will rebound well. Barnes will have trouble scoring consistently since he doesn't handle the ball well.

Really Davis is the key and also the T-wolves losing. They have a tough stretch coming up but Love and Pekovic are beasting right now. I think Ridnour will be fine at the point, but they need their young wing players to step up.

Honestly, the Lakers trade would have been ok if Scola's salary was sent to the Lakers instead of the Hornets and if they would have gotten a couple of 1st round picks plus some younger players from the Rockets. Also, they could have traded Odom right away as well. The Rockets were stealing Gasol for nothing basically.

Tbh, my argument is not for the Lakers trade. Based on your needs even though it had more talent, it didnt help you tank I get that. Obviously some of this is hind-sight being 20/20 I get that too, but im just saying that I called this. I told you Aminu, and Kaman are crap. Kaman is actually solid as a post guy ... I just hate his lack of mobility and defense. But aminu bugs me. Not sure why ...maybe I just saw him shrivel too much in ACC play and nothing while he was in Los Angles makes me feel different. Gordon i do like (a lot) but he is hurt a lot. and the minny pick I just had a feeling the Wolves were going to surprise folks which is crazy cuz I thought Dwilliams would be a big part of that ...but he hasn't.

HarlemHeat37
03-16-2012, 11:35 AM
:lol as I said in the overrated thread, Kevin Martin is a loser..he'll stat-pad on mediocre teams, and help the team win enough games to get an 8th or 9th seed, which is obviously pointless for a rebuilding team..

Odom and Scola are currently having atrocious seasons, where they have been complete liabilities..

Dragic would have been a good addition, but Eric Gordon's potential easily surpasses anything Dragic could offer, in hindsight..

Hornets with Martin/Odom/Dragic/Scola would have ended up in the 9th or 10th seed and hurt their rebuilding..

Pelicans78
03-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Tbh, my argument is not for the Lakers trade. Based on your needs even though it had more talent, it didnt help you tank I get that. Obviously some of this is hind-sight being 20/20 I get that too, but im just saying that I called this. I told you Aminu, and Kaman are crap. Kaman is actually solid as a post guy ... I just hate his lack of mobility and defense. But aminu bugs me. Not sure why ...maybe I just saw him shrivel too much in ACC play and nothing while he was in Los Angles makes me feel different. Gordon i do like (a lot) but he is hurt a lot. and the minny pick I just had a feeling the Wolves were going to surprise folks which is crazy cuz I thought Dwilliams would be a big part of that ...but he hasn't.

Aminu sucks overall. The problem is he can't shoot nor dribble which is unreal for a wing player. He's fine defensively and rebounding but a disaster offensively. If he wants to survive in this league, he's gonna have to bulk up and play PF.

I can't stand him. Never liked him before he came to the Hornets. He shoots a lot, misses a ton of shots, can't pass out of the post, and is turnover prone. I was hoping he would get traded, but the team was asking too much for such a sorry player.

Donkeybong
03-16-2012, 11:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Qxg5L.jpg

Stalin
03-16-2012, 12:05 PM
^ :lol

Ashy Larry
03-16-2012, 12:44 PM

Funny thing about this: Announcer: "Tonight's paid attendance: 17,149" :lmao

Pelicans78
03-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Smart fans.

Killakobe81
03-16-2012, 02:33 PM

Wow. that is bad. Hornets have actually beat some good teams ...what do you guys think of Monty?

Pelicans78
03-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Wow. that is bad. Hornets have actually beat some good teams ...what do you guys think of Monty?

Monty's a decent coach. He gets the team to play hard and is defensive minded. He's young too and works hard.

However, he needs work on his offensive game plan. He lets the PGs try to do too much. Also, he will favor defensive guys with little offensive over offensive guys who don't play defense. He has his favorites as well.

He really made a major mistake last season not playing Thornton or Aaron Gray. Probably cost the team 5-7 wins.

But he's a good coach and i think he's a keeper. Too many injuries this year for him to succeed, especially losing Okafor, Gordon, and Landry. I have more faith in him than Dell Demps, the GM, but both guys are young and have potential.

The attendance doesn't bother me at all. The team is awful and they played an awful Wizards team. Heck, I didn't get League Pass because I didn't care about missing Hornet games while i'm out of town. First time in years I didn't get. The team just announced a long-term lease thru 2024 with major upgrades to the Arena. They're gonna announce new ownership soon after. The team appears to be in stable shape for now.