PDA

View Full Version : When will we know game 6 refs

word
06-20-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm sure this has been asked but when do they announce the refs for a game and who was the fat bald guy that refed game 3, or was it 4...? and called that ball that bounced off Rasheed Wallaces foot out of bounds 'Pistons ball' ? ( Not Bavetta, the other guy. )

spurschick
06-20-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm sure this has been asked but when do they announce the refs for a game and who was the fat bald guy that refed game 3, or was it 4...? and called that ball that bounced off Rasheed Wallaces foot out of bounds 'Pistons ball' ? ( Not Bavetta, the other guy. )

They don't announce until an hour or so before the game. I think we're due for Bennett Salvatore or Joe Crawford.

LilMissSPURfect
06-20-2005, 03:52 PM
no those losers did game 3 or 4!

we want Danny Crawford just to piss the pistons off!!!!!!!!!

E20
06-20-2005, 03:54 PM
I like that black ref.

FromWayDowntown
06-20-2005, 03:55 PM
Just a guess, but I'm thinking it will be Dan Crawford, Bernie Fryer, and Bob Delaney.

CalsonicKansei
06-20-2005, 04:02 PM
I really like the possiblilty that they will get lucky and land at least Dan Crawford. I like him the best. I really dont like the old bald guy. The pistons are 0-11 on the road when Dan Crawford officiates.

Sense
06-20-2005, 04:03 PM

Hahahahha, I surely hope my Signature works.

myhc
06-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Hey guys, who are the refs we should be worried about?

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
06-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Hey guys, who are the refs we should be worried about?
At this point, if you have to worry about the officials to determine the Spurs' destiny, you're in trouble. The Spurs---and the Spurs alone----control their fate.

JUST GET IT DONE!!!!

Felonius Monk
06-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Just a guess, but I'm thinking it will be Dan Crawford, Bernie Fryer, and Bob Delaney.

The crew that worked game 1 worked game 5. And this is the crew that worked game 2 so I'm thinking your thinking is correct.

FromWayDowntown
06-20-2005, 05:03 PM
The crew that worked game 1 worked game 5. And this is the crew that worked game 2 so I'm thinking your thinking is correct.

Actually, that's two of the Game 2 officials and one from Game 3. I'd still think that Game 7 would most likely be Dick Bavetta, Eddie F. Rush, and Joey Crawford; I'd give Bob Delaney an outside chance to call Game 7, but would think that he'll get Game 6 for sure. I'm almost certain that Danny Crawford will get another game, so I'd think he does Game 6. And that leaves one spot to be filled by either Jack Nies or Bennett Salvatore.

I could see Game 6 being: D. Crawford, Delaney, and Salvatore, too.

mavsfan1000
06-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Danny Crawford is the most biased ref in the business. You are lucky he likes the Spurs.

Felonius Monk
06-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Actually, that's two of the Game 2 officials and one from Game 3.

Absolutely correct! Mea culpa. Substitute Nies for Delaney for the game 2 lineup making Danny, Fryer, and Stumbling Jack the likely crew.

nkdlunch
06-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Doesn't matter. Stern has a little talk w/the refs before every game. He tells them how to call the game.

exstatic
06-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Game 6 will be called like game 5: pretty even fouls, but any loose or unknown ball is the hometeam's.

FromWayDowntown
06-20-2005, 06:29 PM
Absolutely correct! Mea culpa. Substitute Nies for Delaney for the game 2 lineup making Danny, Fryer, and Stumbling Jack the likely crew.

See, that doesn't work. You have to know that Bavetta is scheduled to work another game in this series, and likely that will be Game 7. I don't think you can presume that the crews will be Game 5 = Game 1, Game 6 = Game 2, and Game 7 = Game 3. Last night's crew was historically strange, because in recent years, the league has put two Game 1 officials and one Game 2 official on Game 5. You almost never see the league keep a whole crew together.

I have a hunch -- and it's only a hunch -- that Callahan wasn't scheduled to call Game 5, and that Danny Crawford was. If that was the case, the league may have pushed Crawford back to eliminate the conspiracy theories that might run rampant with Garretson and D. Crawford on the floor at the Palace, after Larry's complaints that the Pistons had not won with either of those guys on the floor in the playoffs.

I also don't think that Jack Nies will get another game. Delaney, Fryer, and even Salvatore are better qualified, at this point, than Nies.

PrPro615
06-20-2005, 07:12 PM
Delaney and D. Crawford made up 2/3 of our Game 6 officiating crew in '03, with Garretson being the other. Just don't want to see Fryer - aka "the human series extender."