PDA

View Full Version : State of Louisiana to announce new lease agreement with New Orleans Hornets

Pelicans78
03-16-2012, 09:40 AM
LOL Chumpdumper.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal will announce this afternoon that the State of Louisiana and the New Orleans Hornets have reached an agreement in principle that will keep the team in the city at least through 2024 with no escape, with an NBA guarantee of another All-Star Game in New Orleans Arena sometime during the period of the lease, sources with knowledge of the deal said Friday morning.

Chumpdumper thought I was crazy when I told him the team would have a long-term lease announced before new ownership is announced. :lol

Pelicans78
03-16-2012, 09:46 AM
http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2012/03/state_of_louisiana_to_announce.html

Sorry, forgot to link the article.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Terms of the new lease agreement must be accepted by a new owner when the team is purchased from the NBA and sources said Friday morning the announcement of the new lease deal would indicate to NBA Commissioner David Stern that the ball was in the league's court to consummate the sale of the team to a new owner.Good luck to Stern and the new mystery owners. If the private sector can step up and keep replacing the state subsidies like this season, it might work.

Pelicans78
03-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Good luck to Stern and the new mystery owners. If the private sector can step up and keep replacing the state subsidies like this season, it might work.

The Saints were getting subsidies from state until this season when they signed an agreement with Mercedes-Benz. The Hornets need a naming agreement for their arena as well.

But I'm glad you took your whuppin like a man. Most people would have backtracked.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2012, 10:30 AM
The Saints were getting subsidies from state until this season when they signed an agreement with Mercedes-Benz. The Hornets need a naming agreement for their arena as well.

But I'm glad you took your whuppin like a man. Most people would have backtracked.lol whuppin

If the NBA goes into another season of ownership, it will be an unmitigated disaster.

Pelicans78
03-16-2012, 10:31 AM
lol whuppin

If the NBA goes into another season of ownership, it will be an unmitigated disaster.

Its down to two ownership groups. Stern is waiting for the best offer now.