PDA

View Full Version : Charley Rosen:Breaking down the Trade Deadline Moves

smackdaddy11
03-16-2012, 10:09 AM
http://hoopshype.com/columns/rosen/breaking-down-the-trade-deadline-moves

STEPHEN JACKSON TO THE SPURS
Can Do: Hit stand-still jumpers from beyond the arc. His quick release enables him to pull-up with deadly results going right. Because he’s such a streaky shooter, Jackson is capable of single-handedly carrying a team’s offense for short periods and sometimes for entire games. Play defense but only when the spirit moves him.
Can’t Do: Put the ball on the floor under even moderate defensive pressure. Be satisfied when he’s not the focus of the offense and can hoist up at least 20 shots. Avoid influencing young players to look out only for themselves.
Must Do: Cut down on too-quick shots. Play a modicum of defense in a routine basis. Keep his mouth shut.
Prognosis: San Antonio is (and was) the best place for Captain Jack because of the team’s veteran, championship-hardened leadership and Pop’s insistence on discipline. Look for Jackson to immediately get with the program and become an extremely valuable scorer off the bench.

Richard Jefferson has very little left, so Golden State is an appropriate last resting place for his career.

:rollin

Drachen
03-16-2012, 10:11 AM
LOL, this reads like a complete opposite of what he has. His 3pt shooting ISNT good, and he CAN put the ball on the floor. LOL

TDMVPDPOY
03-16-2012, 10:33 AM
he does everything rj is afraid to do

Hooks
03-16-2012, 11:05 AM
I think Jack's 3pt shooting will go up dramatically because all he's got to do is knock down WIDE open 3pt shots with the Spurs like RJ has done. Hopefully he doesn't brick the hell out of them like Udoka and Bogans did.

I also expect the Spurs defense to get MUCH better because RJ's defense was horrendous, easily the worst defender on the Spurs aside from Blair. Jackson is also a solid defender.

nkdlunch
03-16-2012, 02:01 PM
:lmao RJ

crc21209
03-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Charley Rosen actually likes something the Spurs did? Wow...:lol

DMC
03-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Not sure CR actually watches the games.

Pentagruel
03-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Charley Rosen actually likes something the Spurs did? Wow...:lol

Charley Rosen is usually pretty complimentary of what the spurs do and he is a big fan of Pop. Really, the only time he says negative things about the spurs is when compared to Phil Jackson and the lakers who he is a huge homer for.

maverick1948
03-16-2012, 08:41 PM
I think Jack's 3pt shooting will go up dramatically because all he's got to do is knock down WIDE open 3pt shots with the Spurs like RJ has done. Hopefully he doesn't brick the hell out of them like Udoka and Bogans did.

I also expect the Spurs defense to get MUCH better because RJ's defense was horrendous, easily the worst defender on the Spurs aside from Blair. Jackson is also a solid defender.

I think Bonner's % goes up too. With Jack shooting and making a couple Bonner will have even better shots now.

Vito Corleone
03-16-2012, 08:54 PM
The end of that article mentioned that Memet Okur as a buyout candidate. What does this guy have left and if he is bought out is this a guy the spurs should go after?