View Full Version : Mitch Kupchak

DeadlyDynasty
03-16-2012, 10:17 AM

clambake
03-16-2012, 10:21 AM
he stupid ha ha. he trade odom to dallas ha ha..........wait

mavsfan1000
03-16-2012, 10:51 AM
The guy makes all the right moves. Even Odom.

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 11:23 AM
^Because Odom failed in Dallas doesn't make the move right for us.

Killakobe81
03-16-2012, 11:27 AM
^Because Odom failed in Dallas doesn't make the move right for us.

come on cully. I was mad about the Odom deal ... but would you pay $18 million (9 in lux tax) for an out of shape whiny Odom? As a fan sure, I think he would of woke up if he stayed with us and we will miss him come May and if helps the Mavs eat us ...that ould hurt. But i cant blame the FO for not overpaying Lamar when our title chances are slim ...

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 11:36 AM
come on cully. I was mad about the Odom deal ... but would you pay $18 million (9 in lux tax) for an out of shape whiny Odom? As a fan sure, I think he would of woke up if he stayed with us and we will miss him come May and if helps the Mavs eat us ...that ould hurt. But i cant blame the FO for not overpaying Lamar when our title chances are slim ...

He didn't whine for us until they tried to trade him. It was then that Kupchak failed Odom and us. Instead of playing the part of the adult and refusing to get into the sand box with Odom---Kupchak instead got into a pissing match with him, disgracing not Odom, but, himself. He should have let Odom have his say, tried once to calm him, that having been unsuccessful order him to practice, or, go home. And then, here is the adult part:::turn around and walk away from him.

TheMACHINE
03-16-2012, 11:39 AM
why try to calm him when Kupchak wants him out? Looked like he took advantage of the perfect opportunity to do it.

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 11:48 AM
why try to calm him when Kupchak wants him out? Looked like he took advantage of the perfect opportunity to do it.

That Paul trade was not a salary dump. But, Stern said "No."

Afterward they put talking points out that now (Odom to Dallas) was about money. Either they were lying then, or, they're lying now.

TheMACHINE
03-16-2012, 11:53 AM
^^Paul was worth that salary, Odom is not.

DeadlyDynasty
03-16-2012, 11:55 AM
What's done is done. All that matters is they're a better team/roster than the one that took the floor on Christmas.

DeadlyDynasty
03-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Can you imagine if Odom actually stayed in LA after he went through that trade rumor?

He would've eventually gotten over it, but not in Dallas cause he's homesick.

Still, he's gone. Don't care anymore.

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 12:08 PM
^^Paul was worth that salary, Odom is not.

You're wrong. He's spent his career sharpening his game in order to "cheat" the system. He does that because he's afraid, afraid to lose, afraid to compete on a ruled level with the others. But, if he cheats he has an advantage and he doesn't have to compete on their level. Only his.

Odom on the other hand, drew himself out of the caca and made himself face his fears (himself) and ultimately succeed.

jag
03-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Maybe I'm retarded but I can't help but feel Kupchak has been bullied into constantly trying to improve that team.

It's not really my style, and it's not really something I'd want my superstar to do, but it seems Kobe's shenanigans (pre-Gasol trade demands and public bitching) a few years ago really put pressure on Mitch.

Kobe might be a selfish, unbearable teammate who will shoot his team out of games while refusing to pass to open players. But he's going to make damn sure the players he's refusing to pass to are of good quality -- via Mitch Kupchak.

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 12:09 PM
He would've eventually gotten over it, but not in Dallas cause he's homesick.

Thank you.

DeadlyDynasty
03-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Maybe I'm retarded but I can't help but feel Kupchak has been bullied into constantly trying to improve that team.

Shouldn't every sports GM naturally have that mentality?

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 12:16 PM

It's not really my style, and it's not really something I'd want my superstar to do, but it seems Kobe's shenanigans (pre-Gasol trade demands and public bitching) a few years ago really put pressure on Mitch.

Kobe might be a selfish, unbearable teammate

And that precedent (taking a fit) was started long before Kobe hung Buss up by his Buster Browns after '06 & '07. Buss then already had 14 in the trophy case and had taken up the rocking chair. It wasn't his career he was deep sixing with Kwame and Smush, et al. And if Bryant had not been reckless and raped he would've held Buss accountable 2 years sooner and been able to exploit his own prime's prime.

namlook
03-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Mitch is a pretty smart guy. Although Stern stupidly stepped in, orchestrating Gasol for CP3. His trade for Sessions was masterful and he was 8 minutes away from getting Beasley in another good deal that would have benefited the Lakers. The Fisher trade wasn't anything special but he had to get that done minutes before the trade deadline.

jag
03-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Shouldn't every sports GM naturally have that mentality?

Initially, yes, but a certain level of complacency sometimes sets in with GM's who have already achieved a high level of success and been compensated ($) for it.

btw, I absolutely consider this a good thing. Kobe made it clear that he wasn't going to spend anymore time on a losing team, and Kupchak responded in kind.

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 12:31 PM
The Fisher trade wasn't anything special but he had to get that done minutes before the trade deadline.

That trade was predicated on Fish being flat earred at losing his starting job. Or, so the marching orders (handed out with an hour of the trade) claim.

Hill is waiver wire materiel.

Koolaid_Man
03-16-2012, 01:23 PM
He didn't whine for us until they tried to trade him. It was then that Kupchak failed Odom and us. Instead of playing the part of the adult and refusing to get into the sand box with Odom---Kupchak instead got into a pissing match with him, disgracing not Odom, but, himself. He should have let Odom have his say, tried once to calm him, that having been unsuccessful order him to practice, or, go home. And then, here is the adult part:::turn around and walk away from him.

I bow to your brilliance:toast. O mighty one

DJ Mbenga
03-16-2012, 01:55 PM
This guy almost pulled off the ultimate gangsta trade but kaaaaahn backed out like a bitch last second.

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 03:44 PM
This guy almost pulled off the ultimate gangsta trade but kaaaaahn backed out like a bitch last second.

No. That was a man's move. Too many faggot GMs and penny-pinching owners lose their manhood when they deal with the Lakers.

Spur_Fanatic
03-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Mitch Kupchak is a very good GM.

The guy has one huge thing against him, though.
His owner gave his family too much power and they are all idiots.

pass1st
03-16-2012, 03:51 PM
No. That was a man's move. Too many faggot GMs and penny-pinching owners lose their manhood when they deal with the Lakers.

It's hard not to when this guy is doing the talking
http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/1934-3/mitch-kupchak-ronnie-lester-full_getty-72227394ab007_hornets_laker_12_35_47_am.jpg

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 04:01 PM
It's hard not to when this guy is doing the talking
http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/1934-3/mitch-kupchak-ronnie-lester-full_getty-72227394ab007_hornets_laker_12_35_47_am.jpg

My thoughts on Kupchak (from a reply I made in another thread):

Not to rain on the parade of the Sessions pickup for you fucks, but Kupcake is a highly overrated GM. Any schulb with an IQ around room temperature can succeed in LA's front-office. I'd guess 90% of NBA players have the Lakers as their number one destination, so if you can answer a phone and sign a check, you'll make your fair share of "great" deals. When in reality, owners and GMs often go full retard when dealing with the Lakers because they know if they refuse to deal a player the Lakers showed interest in, he'll either leave the moment he becomes a FA or sulk (on the flip side, look how players behave when it's a possibility the Lakers might trade them away).

In addition to that, since most owners are cheapskate fucks, they often give up their decent veteran players to deep pocket teams like the Lakers in exchange for lower 1st round picks, hoping they'll draft a similar skilled player without having to pay him a vet minimum. Kupchak ain't no wizard or genius. Any basketball executive can look like a genius sitting in the front office of the Los Angeles Lakers. The franchise does indeed have that much power.

IronMaxipad
03-16-2012, 04:01 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ziy6w7.gif

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 05:17 PM

In addition to that, since most owners are cheapskate fucks, they often give up their decent veteran players to deep pocket teams like the Lakers in exchange for lower 1st round picks, hoping they'll draft a similar skilled player without having to pay him a vet minimum. Kupchak ain't no wizard or genius.

& you swore up & fucking down that if he rang without West he'd pass muster.

Liar, liar, yer pants, they be all on fire.

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 05:26 PM
& you swore up & fucking down that if he rang without West he'd pass muster.

Liar, liar, yer pants, they be all on fire.

When?

I think Kupchak is a clown. Ain't too hard to GM for the Los Angeles Lakers. For years, ever since you heisted that draft pick from the Jazz for an 80 year old Gail Goodrich (which got you Magic), other owners seem to willingly bend over for the Lakers.

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Ain't too hard to GM for the Los Angeles Lakers.

All ya got to do is just open your cocksucker and say it.

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 05:44 PM
All ya got to do is just open your cocksucker and say it.

Yer sour today, ain't ya? Must hit you something fierce this morning when you woke up and realized you got one less 5 time champion on yer squad.

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Yer sour today, ain't ya? Must hit you something fierce this morning when you woke up and realized you got one less 5 time champion on yer squad.

I take solace in the fact that you hired a quitter and coach killer in Stephen Jackson.

Congratulations.

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 06:39 PM
I take solace in the fact that you hired a quitter and coach killer in Stephen Jackson.

Congratulations.

Solace? I don't see an expression of comfort coming from you. You're positively outraged the Spurs signed him. For whatever reason, you fear him. You fear he'll bolster the Spurs and strengthen their resolve where Dick Jefferson couldn't.

You know he has the heart of a champeen, and it scares you.

pass1st
03-16-2012, 07:24 PM

In addition to that, since most owners are cheapskate fucks, they often give up their decent veteran players to deep pocket teams like the Lakers in exchange for lower 1st round picks, hoping they'll draft a similar skilled player without having to pay him a vet minimum. Kupchak ain't no wizard or genius. Any basketball executive can look like a genius sitting in the front office of the Los Angeles Lakers. The franchise does indeed have that much power.

That's basing a lot on assumption :wakeup

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Solace? I don't see an expression of comfort coming from you. You're positively outraged the Spurs signed him. For whatever reason, you fear him. You fear he'll bolster the Spurs and strengthen their resolve where Dick Jefferson couldn't.

You know he has the heart of a champeen, and it scares you.

Jackson is a quitter and a coach killer. And you'll play Hell livin' it down.

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 07:40 PM

I don't care if he shot Robert Kennedy. He's a champeen.

Ain't that all that matters?

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't care if he shot Robert Kennedy. He's a champeen.

Ain't that all that matters?

Exactly. But, that never stopped SpursFan from climbin' up & down my shit. Now, I'm takin' up the hammer, grabbin' me a tong. Now you'll find out precisely where the bear shit in the buckwheat.

WeNeedLength
03-16-2012, 07:49 PM

Spurfan don't give a fuck if he ran a dog fighting ring, did steroids, raped, murdered, etc. Captain Jack, Buckets, Motherfuckin' Stephen Jackson is once again a Spur and we are all excited. You're attempts at bringing the trade down are failing incredibly hard. :lol

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Spurfan don't give a fuck if he ran a dog fighting ring, did steroids, raped, murdered, etc. Captain Jack, Buckets, Motherfuckin' Stephen Jackson is once again a Spur and we are all excited. You're attempts at bringing the trade down are failing incredibly hard. :lol

Perhaps, but, ain't giving the tact up. Uh, uh. Stephen Jackson is a quitter and coach murderer.

Let us proceed...

DeadlyDynasty
03-16-2012, 07:52 PM
It was a great trade for the Spurs, but unless he can guard Gasol or Bynum then it doesn't matter now does it?:lol

This isn't March Madness...the team with the FC advantage usually wins in the NBA

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 08:00 PM

He's not trying to bring down the trade. He's terrified of Jackson. He remembers Jackson's resolve from '03 all too well, and for Culburn, when a player heavily contributes to a championship team as Jackson did, Culburn takes note and that player will have Cul's respect forever.

Personally, I think the trade is good from a financial standpoint, but I don't think it makes the Spurs any better on court. Jackson is wildly inconsistent these days and I fear he might frustrate just as much as Dick. Kawhi needs to start.

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 08:05 PM
He's not trying to bring down the trade. He's terrified of Jackson. He remembers Jackson's resolve from '03 all too well, and for Culburn, when a player heavily contributes to a championship team as Jackson did, Culburn takes note

That and SpursFan will be held accountable for Jackson quitting & killing coaches. It's only right & only proper.

midnightpulp
03-16-2012, 08:41 PM
That and SpursFan will be held accountable for Jackson quitting & killing coaches. It's only right & only proper.

How can we be held accountable if we simply don't care?

Do we give you shit about Kobe treating Hamblen like a mafia stool-pigeon?

Giuseppe
03-16-2012, 09:44 PM
How can we be held accountable if we simply don't care?

Do we give you shit about Kobe treating Hamblen like a mafia stool-pigeon?

Obviously.

So, in the fine tradition of tit for tat, ala your rapist Neal I will strip Jackson butt naked and tar & feather him.

pass1st
03-17-2012, 02:27 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ziy6w7.gif

Just remembered, LAL will miss Fisher taking changes all the time

Michael Jordan.
09-21-2013, 08:13 PM
:lol