http://oi41.tinypic.com/245yp15.jpg

No further analysis needed.

gospursgojas
03-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Never scared

TheChillFactor
03-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Honestly, I like mine better from the trade thread:

You little Hollinger wannabes can crunch whatever numbers you want, but Imma say this & Imma end mine...

We just went from this:

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Richard-Jefferson-Luke-Walton-Basketball-Players-Bromance-Vacation-3.jpg

To this:

http://allhiphop.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/stephen-jackson.jpg?w=620

/thread

The ADMIRAL 50
03-16-2012, 01:46 PM
:clap:clap:clap

phxspurfan
03-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Man you guys are making me want to get the last half season NBALP now...

cheguevara
03-16-2012, 01:52 PM
spursfan taking things a little too far

The_Worlds_finest
03-16-2012, 02:03 PM
pakQ4SzSHl4

stephen jackson
03-16-2012, 02:15 PM
lmao rj was so dainty

ShoogarBear
03-16-2012, 02:23 PM
You know that the next time Pop doesn't play Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker, they won't lose because their small forward curled up in a ball and shot 2-for-6 in 37 minutes.

(Now, they may lose because he shot 3-for-21 . . . but at least he'll have tried to step up.)

DPG21920
03-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Exactly, Shoog. That was my biggest beef with RJ. Look, I can understand if you are timid when the big 3 are playing. But if you don't have the mindset to step up when your team needs you because one of those 3 are out, that is a problem.

RJ's aggressiveness and quantity of shots really didn't change much whether it was all of the big 3 playing vs just 1 or 2 (overall).

Jax will look to fill the void in that scenario and even if he fails, I don't care. It's the mindset.

Buckets & Bullets - Get used to it.

therealtruth
03-16-2012, 04:47 PM
The ironic thing is you gain more respect from the fans for being a chucker. Fans don't tend to appreciate taking good shots.

DMC
03-16-2012, 05:00 PM
From this

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2rfsrc7.jpg

To this

http://oi41.tinypic.com/245yp15.jpg

No further analysis needed.

That first pic is hilarious. Blake about to go upstairs, RJ singing "I'm a little teapot".

TJastal
03-16-2012, 05:01 PM
You know that the next time Pop doesn't play Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker, they won't lose because their small forward curled up in a ball and shot 2-for-6 in 37 minutes.

(Now, they may lose because he shot 3-for-21 . . . but at least he'll have tried to step up.)

Here's the problem I see with this. The spurs have been steadily grooming guys who by all accounts are ready to step into that role that RJ was supposed to have provided but didn't. And they would have been much better at it.... most notably Gary Neal & Tiago Splitter.

Now instead of those guys stepping up and going 8-15 for 20 pts like you said we'll instead be treated with a typical Stephen Jackson 5-18, 15 point night instead. And most likely losing those games.

NASpurs
03-16-2012, 05:02 PM
RJ breaking his own ankle in that pic.

anonoftheinternets
03-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Here's the problem I see with this. The spurs have been steadily grooming guys who by all accounts are ready to step into that role that RJ was supposed to have provided but didn't. And they would have been much better at it.... most notably Gary Neal & Tiago Splitter.

Now instead of those guys stepping up and going 8-15 for 20 pts like you said we'll instead be treated with a typical Stephen Jackson 5-18, 15 point night instead. And most likely losing those games.

pretty valid concern, which is why we hope pop keeps SJ on a short leash in those circumstances ...

celldweller
03-16-2012, 05:17 PM
FROM THIS:
http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/tattoo_jefferson.jpg

TO THIS:
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Picture%2016%2834%29.png

.......Oh Lord help us.....! :lol

TJastal
03-16-2012, 05:20 PM
pretty valid concern, which is why we hope pop keeps SJ on a short leash in those circumstances ...

History tells us he won't be able to do it ... recall Mike Finley

Obstructed_View
03-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Jax is not gay

If he is, he's definitely a top.

Gagnrath
03-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Tjastal, Leonard isn't ready this year, Splitter is a center not filling at all the same role that Jefferson was supposed to. Neal is a 2 guard, and honestly other than being a really good jump shooter is every bit as prone to chucking and questionable shot selection as Jackson. Jackson has size though while Neal doesn't. I'd say they are about the same speed at this point though I think Jackson was the faster player. I'm not at all against a year and a half lease of Jackson as a player for the spurs while Leonard develops and grows into the NBA player we think he will be. With Manu missing as much time as he has lately having a seasoned vet that can switch between 3 positions depending on match-ups is really handy. Honestly I don't see how with recent production taken into account this can be considered anything other than an upgrade over RJ especially for the time frame that Jacksons contract runs.

Whisky Dog
03-16-2012, 05:32 PM
One gets up in a man's face and the other likes the man to get up in his rear?

T Park
03-16-2012, 05:37 PM
If he is, he's definitely a top.

you owe me a new laptop screen.

TJastal
03-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Tjastal, Leonard isn't ready this year, Splitter is a center not filling at all the same role that Jefferson was supposed to. Neal is a 2 guard, and honestly other than being a really good jump shooter is every bit as prone to chucking and questionable shot selection as Jackson. Jackson has size though while Neal doesn't. I'd say they are about the same speed at this point though I think Jackson was the faster player. I'm not at all against a year and a half lease of Jackson as a player for the spurs while Leonard develops and grows into the NBA player we think he will be. With Manu missing as much time as he has lately having a seasoned vet that can switch between 3 positions depending on match-ups is really handy. Honestly I don't see how with recent production taken into account this can be considered anything other than an upgrade over RJ especially for the time frame that Jacksons contract runs.

What does Splitter being a center have to do with anything? :lol

The role Jefferson was supposed to provide was that of a 4th scorer that can carry the offense for stretches. Doesn't really matter what position, does it? Neal and Splitter have both shown potential to step into that role. Leonard really has nothing to do with this.

As far as SJax being an upgrade over Jefferson it's really a wash IMO. With the potential to be worse because of the potential "man-crush" Pop might develop.

Fpoonsie
03-16-2012, 05:54 PM
you owe me a new laptop screen.

Why? You masturbate too hard to tha thought a' that?

xellos88330
03-16-2012, 07:05 PM
pakQ4SzSHl4

Forgot how ridiculous that crowd was at GSW.

ShoogarBear
03-16-2012, 09:42 PM

Neal arguably does some of the things we expect SJax to do . . . except that even with Neal we still needed Jefferson to contribute more than he did and he wouldn't/couldn't. And Jackson will be able to cover the same people Jefferson did, and probably better.

Splitter? His role is nothing like Jefferson's.

The major issue is that Pop and Jax will need to know to scale back on the nights when Jax doesn't have it. If there's one coach who will be able to rein him in when needed, it's Pop. The hope is that Jackson's sojourn in the wilderness has satisfied his itch to be The Man and now he really understands that in the end it's all about the W.

jjktkk
03-16-2012, 09:56 PM

Per the usual your not getting it. Replacing RJ with Jack is not going to stunt the growth of Leonard, or Green. Jack is a proven playoff performer, who provides a toughness the Spurs have been missing for awhile. I don't care what kind of stats Jack has. He provides the competativeness factor that RJ has never shown while in a Spurs uniform. Or in other words, Jack is a baller, while RJ has turned into a marshmellow.