PDA

View Full Version : Texans finally made a move - Myers agrees to deal.

dougp
03-16-2012, 08:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7699102/source-houston-texans-agree-center-chris-myers-four-year-deal

The Houston Texans have reached agreement on a four-year, $25 million deal with $14 million guaranteed with center Chris Myers, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Myers, a key component of the Texans' offensive line, helped block for Arian Foster, who rushed for 1,224 yards and 10 touchdowns last season.

Still lost their RG and FB. I'm really surprised Myers signed with them, I assumed the Packers would make a big push since they just lost their center. IMO, they could have saved money when he wanted an extension last year.

shyne
03-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Thank god, we had to keep him.

TheProfessor
03-16-2012, 08:22 PM
A must after losing Brisiel to the Raiders.

shyne
03-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Personally I like Butler better than Winston, so I ok with him being cut. Brisiel was good, but hopefully Caldwell can come in from the start and take over.

Now go get a WR Rick, quit fucking around and cut Jacoby already.

benefactor
03-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Glad they got it done. This and re-signing Foster were the priorities of the offseason. We can breathe a little easier now.

dougp
03-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Glad they got it done. This and re-signing Foster were the priorities of the offseason. We can breathe a little easier now.

Uh, the moves made by the Texans can only be summed up as stupid. They could have extended Myers last year when he WANTED to do it, and when they turned him down he decided to test FA. They let go their FB (Vickers) and lost their RG (Winston) along with watching Williams walk. Foster was a RFA - they could match anything on him, so the priority should have been Williams. Fuck, get rid of the two WRs who are being overpaid as it is, or cut/restructure Daniels and get Dressen back.

Granted, I'm a Cowboys fan but since I live here in Houston, the moves just make me wonder WTF is being done in the front office.

T Park
03-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Winston is and was replaceable I tired of the false starts, the holdings and the other untimely penalties he seemed to make.

Draft depth on the o-line, get a WR and TE in the draft.

Sign a WR and TE.

Goran Dragic
03-17-2012, 11:25 AM
lol T Park
lol fat

benefactor
03-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Uh, the moves made by the Texans can only be summed up as stupid. They could have extended Myers last year when he WANTED to do it, and when they turned him down he decided to test FA. They let go their FB (Vickers) and lost their RG (Winston) along with watching Williams walk. Foster was a RFA - they could match anything on him, so the priority should have been Williams. Fuck, get rid of the two WRs who are being overpaid as it is, or cut/restructure Daniels and get Dressen back.

Granted, I'm a Cowboys fan but since I live here in Houston, the moves just make me wonder WTF is being done in the front office.
Vickers was just ok. Casey is just as good and he can catch.

Winston was cut because he was making too much money and the Texas were close to the cap. He was good in the run but sucked against pass rushers. Not a big loss tbh.

Williams was going to ask for more money than the Texans could afford(as evidenced by the near 100 million the Bills gave him). In looking at the deal Foster got, it would have been pretty stupid to match an offer from a team that overpaid him(which would have happened in looking at some of the contracts that were handed out over the offseason). Foster>Williams in terms of importance. Anyone that watched the Texans all year knows that.

The Texans got Myers signed, so it's a non-issue now. One can see why they didn't extend him last year with Foster, Williams and Duane Brown all having to be paid soon.

Dr. Gonzo
03-17-2012, 03:40 PM
I agree.