PDA

View Full Version : Final Roster Moves

swaggerjackson
03-17-2012, 11:20 AM
RC Buford already stated there were more moves to come. What do you think is the best option for the team? I feel like signing Diaw and adding a pointguard maybe Derek Fisher would be a just about as good as we can get. Fisher or Anthony Carter would be cool with me and I think Carter is more likely. But what do you guys think? Is this too many people to integrate before the playoffs perhaps. We still have to get Jackson up to speed and work in Manu.

BackHome
03-17-2012, 12:45 PM
We need a PG.....and why is CJ on the team?

T Park
03-17-2012, 01:08 PM
We need a PG.....and why is CJ on the team?

Because he's the third PG....

Wild Cobra Kai
03-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Fisher is an older, slower, worse shooting Neal.

BackHome
03-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Because he's the third PG....

So I am confused.........he is the second PG on the team because Neal and Manu are SG. But our two shooting guards are better at PG then him so then I guess he wold be the fourth PG?

Steve-O-Matic
03-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Diaw and Fisher, for me. Nothing more, nothing less.

Gagnrath
03-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Steve have you watched Fisher play since 2007? He's old, fat and even slower now. Since 2010 he hasn't really been a good jumpshooter either.

Vic Petro
03-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Kobe on the value of Fisher's championship experience:

"That doesn't happen by accident," said Bryant. "There's a reason why players that have multiple championships have multiple championships. There's a certain characteristic and an understanding and knowledge and that's not something that's easily taught. You kind of have to go through it and it kind of has to be part of your DNA from the beginning. So, that's something that's obviously tough to replace but we believe that (Ramon) Sessions has that DNA."

MR.SILVER&BLack
03-17-2012, 03:33 PM
fish either waits to join the lakers next season or trys to join the clippers. dont think he will leave LA for min salary.

Spursfan092120
03-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏ @AlexKennedyNBA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Once the Rockets buyout Derek Fisher, don't be surprised if the Spurs pursue him. They need a back-up PG since T.J. Ford abruptly retired.

Solid D
03-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Kobe on the value of Fisher's championship:

"You're welcome."

Fixed by Nike

Spursfan092120
03-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Patty Mills is finalizing a deal with the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell Y! Sports. Portland's renouncing of rights is in the works.

From Portland? That dude?

MR.SILVER&BLack
03-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Patty Mills is finalizing a deal with the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell Y! Sports. Portland's renouncing of rights is in the works.

From Portland? That dude?
yep

Gagnrath
03-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks Kobe James Posey is glad he's tough to replace.

Spursfan092120
03-17-2012, 03:47 PM
yep

::nodding head in approval:: not a bad option, tbh...a lot faster than Fisher...can pass the ball well. See if he can pick up the system.

edit: not to mention, he can hit the floater and the three

Spursfan092120
03-17-2012, 03:57 PM
YNM1d13-hrM

Gagnrath
03-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Hum I like mills as a signing passes moderately well good handles good shoot.

Wow I never would have thought at the start of the season that later in the year that Neal would be fighting for playing time as hard as it looks like he will be in 3 weeks.

Point: Parker, Mills, Manu, Neal
Shooting Guard: Green, Manu, Neal, Leonard, Jackson
Small Forward: Leonard, Jackson, Green, Manu
PF: Blair (please DeJaun realize you aren't a superstar because you're 6'8" and get your head right to come in and kill it against bench bigs), Bonner (remember the playoffs have the same size Ball and rim), Duncan, ?????, Jackson (small ball sorta)
Center: Duncan, Splitter, ????

Still need another quality big. Badly.....

MR.SILVER&BLack
03-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Hum I like mills as a signing passes moderately well good handles good shoot.

Wow I never would have thought at the start of the season that later in the year that Neal would be fighting for playing time as hard as it looks like he will be in 3 weeks.

Point: Parker, Mills, Manu, Neal
Shooting Guard: Green, Manu, Neal, Leonard, Jackson
Small Forward: Leonard, Jackson, Green, Manu
PF: Blair (please DeJaun realize you aren't a superstar because you're 6'8" and get your head right to come in and kill it against bench bigs), Bonner (remember the playoffs have the same size Ball and rim), Duncan, ?????, Jackson (small ball sorta)
Center: Duncan, Splitter, ????

Still need another quality big. Badly.....
Neals going to stay the backup PG but now Pop can rest parker a little more.

Gagnrath
03-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Neals going to stay the backup PG but now Pop can rest parker a little more.

Neal playing point is ugly, it seems surprisingly effective right now, but against a play-off full court press? Heck even against a team trapping for real I have questions unless Manu is there to help. Good thing is it seems Green has really stepped up and is able to initiate the offense when the ball comes to him out of a trap. He's in a bunch of ways a nice piece to have.

Duncan2177
03-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Diaw and Fisher, for me. Nothing more, nothing less.

:tu

Wild Cobra Kai
03-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Why are people so enamored of Fisher? He's old, and can only take Neal's minutes since they are both pretty bad defensively and shouldn't be played together.

Darkwaters
03-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Theres no way I would have taken Fisher regardless. He is the enemy. That and hes washed up.

SpurCharger
03-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Fisher is Only Good For The Locker room..... His Skills have Diminished drastically over the last 2 to 3 seasons.....

mattyc
03-17-2012, 10:49 PM
I think the additions of Jax and Mills for RJ and a banged up Ford make us a much improved team. Desperately need more depth in bigs though and I'd be adding Diaw in a heartbeat.