PDA

View Full Version : Nocioni Buyout

spursnatic
03-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Anyone think he would be a good pickup....He should clear waivers next week sometime?....

Gagnrath
03-17-2012, 11:51 AM
With Leonard, and Jackson the spurs definitely don't need another tweener SF/PF.

The spurs need a real PF, and badly. A back-up pg would be nice but isn't as essential.

Whisky Dog
03-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Why would anyone even ask a question like this about any broken down has beens when our rotation is strong with young talent? Unless its a big who can contribute just don't even ask

BadOne
03-17-2012, 11:55 AM
is he 7 feet tall now? if not, then no

This.

:lol

DesignatedT
03-17-2012, 12:03 PM
lol since we don't have enough wings already.......

Steve-O-Matic
03-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Nocioni is burnt toast at this point, and doen't fit a role need here. So no.

Solid D
03-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Sure! To come in and help Coach Newman. Sean Marks doesn't cut it.

http://content.usatoday.com/wires2web/20080307/3020630683_pacers_spurs_basketballx.jpg

Mal
03-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Nope, stacked on wings

Drewlius
03-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Pre-SJax I would give him a flyer, now it's completely pointless. Need to pick up D-Fish.

Wild Cobra Kai
03-17-2012, 01:12 PM
He's been done for at least three years.

timvp
03-17-2012, 01:17 PM
My first reaction was No.

But if the Spurs miss out on all the bigs and it's Nocioni or some D-League scrub ... I think I'd give Nocioni a call. These days, Nocioni is too slow to play small forward. He's basically a small power forward.

But think of it this way, don't you want Pop to have another option other than going with Bonner to close playoff games when the other team has a mobile big? I haven't seen Nocioni play this year but I already trust him in the clutch more than I trust Bonner.

ElNono
03-17-2012, 01:19 PM
He's a hard worker... don't know what, if anything, he has left on the tank, although he did play fairly well on the americas tournament last summer... but like other people said, I rather get a big if possible...

The ADMIRAL 50
03-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Why would anyone even ask a question like this about any broken down has beens when our rotation is strong with young talent? Unless its a big who can contribute just don't even ask

Got damn right.

/thread

venitian navigator
03-17-2012, 01:24 PM

He's 33 years old, so he can't be done...he just needs (like Diaw, probably) the right environment.
He's plenty of experience (international and nba) and should have a very good relationship with Manu.
Plus, he's ok coming from the bench, has three point stroke and can defend and hustle.
Considering the SJ option could heva some risk and Bonner has not been exactly cold blooded (till now) came play off time, a player like this for the minimum imho is more than worth a try...

Cant_Be_Faded
03-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Five years too late

Cant_Be_Faded
03-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Nocioni is dumpsta juice!

Wild Cobra Kai
03-17-2012, 01:39 PM
He's 33 years old, so he can't be done...he just needs (like Diaw, probably) the right environment.
He's plenty of experience (international and nba) and should have a very good relationship with Manu.
Plus, he's ok coming from the bench, has three point stroke and can defend and hustle.
Considering the SJ option could heva some risk and Bonner has not been exactly cold blooded (till now) came play off time, a player like this for the minimum imho is more than worth a try...

Five years too late

Mark in Austin
03-17-2012, 01:39 PM

But if the Spurs miss out on all the bigs and it's Nocioni or some D-League scrub ... I think I'd give Nocioni a call. These days, Nocioni is too slow to play small forward. He's basically a small power forward.

But think of it this way, don't you want Pop to have another option other than going with Bonner to close playoff games when the other team has a mobile big? I haven't seen Nocioni play this year but I already trust him in the clutch more than I trust Bonner.

This. I'd take Diaw and Kamen over him. For me it would be a toss up between Red Bull and Turiaf.

thispego
03-17-2012, 01:48 PM
:lol

Proxy
03-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Even if he still played at the level when he was in CHI.... I can't imagine trying to fit him into the rotation of guards with Sjax, Manu, Kawhi, Green, and Neal... it actually gives me anxiety trying to figure out what role he would even have if we picked him up.

timvp
03-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Nocioni is as much as a wing these days as Bonner is. You can't play him at small forward anymore.

I'd sign a lot of players before him but if it comes down to Nocioni or D-League, I'd go with Nocioni.

ElNono
03-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Word in Argentina is that he's headed to Europe...

Proxy
03-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Yeah... if he played some PF I could see it and he would be better than Dawson regardless of height. Who knows... he and Manu could make some Argentinian magic.

Man In Black
03-17-2012, 04:29 PM

This...plus Spurs could run a South American Flexcut O to lessen the athleticism advantage the opponent has. If you think about it, Manu, Tiago, and Andres know the intricacies of that O thanks to National team coach of both Argentina and Brazil, Ruben Magnano. Pop already has a few sets where the flex cut is implemented. I'd say LJ's logic on this is pretty sound.

kaji157
03-17-2012, 06:36 PM
I would definitelly sign hm if we miss out on the bigs bid.
He is definitelly better than Bonner and Blair, both offensivelly and defensivelly.

Mel_13
03-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Andres Nocioni signed a deal until the end of the season with Caja Laboral and will be in Vitoria on Sunday

http://twitter.com/#!/SportandoBasket