PDA

View Full Version : Shin Splints

DeadlyDynasty
03-17-2012, 07:35 PM
It feels like I've developed them over the past couple of months (moreso in my right leg) and it hurts like hell after I run now...kinda weird since I've never had them before.

Anybody else have them, and if so what works for you? Do you recommend those shock absorber insoles or do they do nothing?

thispego
03-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Rest, and yeah, better shoes. Had shin splints in jr high. Also maybe adjust the way you run, shin splints are from improper running form or carrying too much weight. You fat?

DeadlyDynasty
03-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Rest, and yeah, better shoes. Had shin splints in jr high. Also maybe adjust the way you run, shin splints are from improper running form or carrying too much weight. You fat?

:lol no...but I've always been flat-footed. I just think it's weird that this problem hasn't arisen sooner since I run 6 days a week (for years now). I might have to switch up to the elliptical too, but I hate running inside...always have

leemajors
03-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Bike.

thispego
03-17-2012, 07:58 PM
:lol no...but I've always been flat-footed. I just think it's weird that this problem hasn't arisen sooner since I run 6 days a week (for years now). I might have to switch up to the elliptical too, but I hate running inside...always have

Yeah I can't and won't run inside. If you're flat footed your probably slapping the ground when you run rather than rolling heel to toe. Look at inserts or new shoes all together and start focusing not slapping the ground when you run. You shouldn't hear your footsteps at all if you're doing it right.

DeadlyDynasty
03-17-2012, 08:02 PM
I'll check out the soles first, hopefully that does it

DeadlyDynasty
03-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Bike.

meh, I like running better...will consider if it gets to be unbearable, though

mavs>spurs
03-17-2012, 08:04 PM
I get them sometimes randomly, it's usually result of running on something hard like pavement IMO. Never really found a "cure," always just stopped doing what i was doing whenever it happened and laid off it for a day. They go away pretty quick. It could be poor footwear try those insoles.

ploto
03-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Had them forever; tried everything they recommend, including certain exercises. Nothing helped. :depressed

DMC
03-17-2012, 10:40 PM
wear kneepads when you're on the job :tu
That might be a zinger if being on your knees had anything to do with your shins.

You of all people should know better.

TE
03-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Remember running a 15K and shin splints kicking in as soon as I crossed the finished line. Makes you feel like a prototypical mexican fatass tbh.

JoeChalupa
03-18-2012, 06:24 AM
rest, better shoes and better running form will help. I had them back in my hard core running days. Had to cut back on the miles and ran smarter not harder.

ashbeeigh
03-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Try adding some Vitamin C with Rose Hips to your vitamin regimen. It reduces inflammation. It hasn't cured any of my aches and pains from running (specifically my ITBS) but it does reduce the pain a bit. I had my shin splints come back suddenly a few months ago and just ran right through them. Sometimes it's just your body reminding you you're not as perfect as you think you are.

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2012, 08:48 AM
It feels like I've developed them over the past couple of months (moreso in my right leg) and it hurts like hell after I run now...kinda weird since I've never had them before.

Anybody else have them, and if so what works for you? Do you recommend those shock absorber insoles or do they do nothing?

I've never heard of real men getting shin splints...wtf...only women and men that are built like women get shin splints....:lol

but here's a solution....learn to wash your hands after you take a shit and that might actually help..you nasty fuck....:lol