PDA

View Full Version : Manningham to the niners

Vici
03-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Good signing by them. By no means a number one but a decent number 2. Certainly better than the rest of the trash they call receivers.

Spursfan092120
03-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Wouldn't say he's better than both Crabtree and Moss...

Bill_Brasky
03-18-2012, 12:10 AM
They have great receivers. Now they just need Manning.

TIMMYtoZO
03-18-2012, 12:20 AM
God damn it! This helps Sf's chances at Peyton. Ughhh this cant happen! :bang

xellos88330
03-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Wow. Looks like SF is preparing for a pass attack. It really is starting to look like they are making a serious run to get the better Manning.

pawe
03-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Manning with crabtree, moss, manningham, vd and gore = 35 ppg. Gg nfl.

Vici
03-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Moss is a desperation move. There is a reason he was not on a team last year.

Crabtee is average at best. Manningham is/ would be an immediate upgrade.

Only problem is, it looks like Manningham is down in Miami today... :)

Fabbs
03-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Concur. Catches the wide open pretty passes.
Chokes when the heats on even on simple slants.

Fabbs
03-18-2012, 03:43 PM

I dunno.
Terrel Owens, drama queen that he was nonetheless was a driving force in the Eagles SuperBowl season. Was Owens about the same age at the time? Moss now 35. mmmn i think Owens was like 33 or 34 that season.

Conditioning? I can't imagine Harbough getting scammed. In fact it's reported that Harbaugh is who threw passes to Moss in the trial workout.

Vici
03-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Terrel Owens is currently 38 and Moss is currently 35.

Goran Dragic
03-18-2012, 06:38 PM

Yeah, he wanted a lot more money than teams were willing to give. It was a reality check for him but teams definitely had interest.

DeadlyDynasty
03-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Crabtree has been pretty unspectacular, although to be fair he has had Alex Smith throwing him the ball.

Manningham was a GREAT #3 WR, but struggled mightily as a 1st or 2nd option. He was huge in the Giants playoff run, catching a TD pass in each of the first 3 games, then making the catch of the superbowl. Hopefully Hixon will be able to fill his role, but there will be some fall off for sure.

Spurtacus
03-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Manning throwing to Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, Davis, Gore. Scary.

TIMMYtoZO
03-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Crabtree will break out if Peyton signs with them. Manningham will look better than he did in NY. That passing attack would be deadly. This would make the 49ers as the biggest threat to ending the Giants dynasty. On the other hand, the Giants defensive line and overall D will be even better while the O will still be potent. Jerrigans/Barden or someone else will easily replace Manningham's production.

Pelicans78
03-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Manningham is better than Craptree IMO.

Goran Dragic
03-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Michael Trabtree!

Vici
03-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Crabtree will break out if Peyton signs with them. Manningham will look better than he did in NY. That passing attack would be deadly. This would make the 49ers as the biggest threat to ending the Giants dynasty. On the other hand, the Giants defensive line and overall D will be even better while the O will still be potent. Jerrigans/Barden or someone else will easily replace Manningham's production.

I disagree. Manningham only looked good once Cruz started to get attention. Think about it, every team was forcing the ball to Manningham because Cruz and Nicks were consistently in double coverage. Even with this, Manningham was lucky he had Manning throwing to him. His route running was piss poor. On his great superbowl catch, it was only great because Manning nailed the throw, there was no reason for him to be hugging the sideline like that.

He had multiple chances to step up last year and this year, yet he never did. He was always on the brink but never performed to expectations. If you watch a highlight reel of his greatest catches, it's usually preceded by him doing something full retard seconds before which makes the catch look so great. This, more than anything, is why it's so easy to let him walk.

Haurbaugh simplified the offense for Smith and that's the best thing Manningham has going for him. Having said that, unless Peyton is throwing him the ball, I fully expect Manningham to take a step back.

The Giants are still stacked at WR despite losing Manningham. He's a great number 3 but unreliable #2. I'm most excited about Barden. This guy has all the tools to be the next great big WR, he just needs to learn how to get off the line. JJ could be great as well, and is the most likely successor to MM.

TIMMYtoZO
03-18-2012, 08:33 PM
I disagree. Manningham only looked good once Cruz started to get attention. Think about it, every team was forcing the ball to Manningham because Cruz and Nicks were consistently in double coverage. Even with this, Manningham was lucky he had Manning throwing to him. His route running was piss poor. On his great superbowl catch, it was only great because Manning nailed the throw, there was no reason for him to be hugging the sideline like that.

He had multiple chances to step up last year and this year, yet he never did. He was always on the brink but never performed to expectations. If you watch a highlight reel of his greatest catches, it's usually preceded by him doing something full retard seconds before which makes the catch look so great. This, more than anything, is why it's so easy to let him walk.

Haurbaugh simplified the offense for Smith and that's the best thing Manningham has going for him. Having said that, unless Peyton is throwing him the ball, I fully expect Manningham to take a step back.

The Giants are still stacked at WR despite losing Manningham. He's a great number 3 but unreliable #2. I'm most excited about Barden. This guy has all the tools to be the next great big WR, he just needs to learn how to get off the line. JJ could be great as well, and is the most likely successor to MM.

:lol My post was vague. No way in hell do I think Manningham is a difference maker in terms of a superbowl. I just believe with Peyton, Manningham and that passing attack will be very very good. Manningham had his share of drops (49ers and Cowboys along with others). I wanted to keep him at a cheap price if anything but wasn't worried if not.

DeadlyDynasty
03-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Vici,

If he's not hugging the sideline on that play then Patrick Chung picks it off. He did, however, have a fuck-up a couple drives earlier where he ran too close to the sidelines.

NewcastleKEG
03-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Signing Manningham is EH in my book. No better than Crabtree

It's difficult comparing Manningham's stats to Crabtree because although Mario has played in 50 games, he's only started 28. Crabtree on the other hand is 42 games & 40 starts

Anyway here is how it breaks down
Mario: 160 catches, 2315 yards, 18 TD's, 46.3 Yards/Game
Crabtree:175 catches, 2240 yards, 12 TD's, 53.3 Yards/Game

Considering Manningham played in an offense that threw the ball 55+ times a game, Crabtree's stats are more impressive

DeadlyDynasty
03-18-2012, 10:27 PM
How'd Crabtree do in the NFCCG brah?

TIMMYtoZO
03-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Signing Manningham is EH in my book. No better than Crabtree

It's difficult comparing Manningham's stats to Crabtree because although Mario has played in 50 games, he's only started 28. Crabtree on the other hand is 42 games & 40 starts

Anyway here is how it breaks down
Mario: 160 catches, 2315 yards, 18 TD's, 46.3 Yards/Game
Crabtree:175 catches, 2240 yards, 12 TD's, 53.3 Yards/Game

Considering Manningham played in an offense that threw the ball 55+ times a game, Crabtree's stats are more impressive

If Crabtree had Elite Manning as his qb, he would put up solid numbers. Too bad he is shit with Alex Smith. :lol

TIMMYtoZO
03-18-2012, 10:33 PM

1 amazing reception for 3 yards. :lol

NewcastleKEG
03-18-2012, 10:36 PM

Only problem is, it looks like Manningham is down in Miami today... :)
The reason isn't physical. And considering he tied for the league lead in TD's 2 seasons ago, it's a no brainer low risk high reward pick up.

I don't see why he can't score 5 TD's next season regardless if it's Manning or Smith

NewcastleKEG
03-18-2012, 10:37 PM
He struggled in that (one) game last year

I just posted statistics from FIFTY (50) games

ducks
03-18-2012, 10:37 PM
if smith signs with dolphins and titans sign manning
I will laugh

NewcastleKEG
03-18-2012, 10:39 PM
If Crabtree had Elite Manning as his qb, he would put up solid numbers. Too bad he is shit with Alex Smith. :lol
25th in the league in receptions while catching passes from the worst QB in the league isn't bad right?

DeadlyDynasty
03-18-2012, 10:40 PM
He struggled in that (one) game last year

I just posted statistics from FIFTY (50) games

Oh, so he only struggled in the biggest game of his career?

Solid #1, real reliable WR:lol

TIMMYtoZO
03-18-2012, 10:42 PM
25th in the league in receptions while catching passes from the worst QB in the league isn't bad right?

Just imagine what he would rank with Elite Manning. :lol

NewcastleKEG
03-18-2012, 10:42 PM
How does the Niners signing Manning alter the ''Giants dynasty'' ?

Manning is only gonna be around for 3 something years
- Guarantee Giants miss the playoffs next year
- Eli wins playoff games every 4 years

So Manning signing with the Niners doesn't change anything

NewcastleKEG
03-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Oh, so he only struggled in the biggest game of his career?

Solid #1, real reliable WR:lol
Where did I ever say he was a #1?

You demonstrate awful reading comprehension

NewcastleKEG
03-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Just imagine what he would rank with Elite Manning. :lol
I'm not 100% decided on whether I'm for or against signing Peyton

TIMMYtoZO
03-18-2012, 10:47 PM
How does the Niners signing Manning alter the ''Giants dynasty'' ?

Manning is only gonna be around for 3 something years
- Guarantee Giants miss the playoffs next year
- Eli wins playoff games every 4 years

So Manning signing with the Niners doesn't change anything

:lol No Plaxico to shoot himself this time around. It is hilarious how you forget the Giants were raping everyone with that 11-1 start in 2008. The D was just disgusting. Then Buress shot himself and the Giants O went to shit. The D did all they could in that Eagles game.

NewcastleKEG
03-18-2012, 10:52 PM
:lol No Plaxico to shoot himself this time around. It is hilarious how you forget the Giants were raping everyone with that 11-1 start in 2008. The D was just disgusting. Then Buress shot himself and the Giants O went to shit. The D did all they could in that Eagles game.
Fair enough. On a serious note, your division is one of the most difficult in the NFL so missing the playoffs in the NFC East is vastly different than other division. I expect a big bounce back from the Eagles & the Cowboys are all in for this season. Without a playoff victory I think Romo is gone

Then you have a possibility of 3 teams coming out of the North (Packers, Bears & Lions). That means the Giants will have to win the division again, against what will be assumed a more difficult schedule.