PDA

View Full Version : Stop the Uniform Madness - PLEASE!

SenorSpur
03-18-2012, 01:34 AM
The NBA needs to stop the madness with sthese pecial event uniforms.

I turn on NBATV and see highlights from the Bulls and Sixers - or what I thought was the Sixers.

To set this all up, the game is being played in Chicago. The Bulls, however, are wearing shitty puke-green, Celtics-like road uniforms (jerseys and trunks). If one didn't know better, you would've thought you were watching the Celtics. The only way to really tell it was not, was seeing the Bulls name on the front of the jersey, along with the little red Bulls logo on the back.

Meanwhile, the road team, in this case Philly, is donning their White home uniforms in a visiting arena.

This, on the heels of the infamous Los Suns, Los Spurs and El Heat jerseys to celebrate Latina Heritage is really out of control. Surely the NBA can do something else to commemorate this event.

As a veteran NBA observer, this shit is just out of control and the NBA should be ashamed of themselves for selling out their team tradition. I can't imagine fans are rushing to Team apparrel stores to purchase this crap.

Ditty
03-18-2012, 01:40 AM
Wait until you see corporate sponsors in the NBA jerseys.

rayjayjohnson
03-18-2012, 01:42 AM
Corporate sponsors scare me. I love the fact that unis aren't polluted like they are in soccer

rayjayjohnson
03-18-2012, 01:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4vKfu.jpg

apologies for the faggot troll face, this came from reddit.

pass1st
03-18-2012, 01:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4vKfu.jpg

apologies for the faggot troll face, this came from reddit.

:lol

ElNono
03-18-2012, 02:00 AM
tbh, Thunder should be sponsored by ProActive

Jacob1983
03-18-2012, 02:10 AM
Would you support a ban of the Los Mavs, El Heat, and Los Spurs jerseys too?

pass1st
03-18-2012, 02:52 AM

I would

TimmehC
03-18-2012, 03:16 AM

Any Spurs fan would. Those things are fucking cursed. Not to mention pointless.

Jacob1983
03-18-2012, 03:57 AM
Good. The NBA should stick to MLB rules when it comes to jerseys. White always means home. A road team should never wear their home jersey. That's stupid.

crc21209
03-18-2012, 04:44 AM
Gotta make that money, that's what it's all about....

rayjayjohnson
03-18-2012, 05:19 AM
tbh, Thunder should be sponsored by ProActive

It'd hardly be a ringing endorsement now, would it? it'd be like the Lakers being sponsored by a pepper spray company.

SenorSpur
03-18-2012, 11:54 AM

Absolutely. There are far more tangible ways to commemorate Latin heritage month, than some tricked out NBA jerseys. The more I think about it, it's actually kind of disengenious to the Latin community that the NBA didn't think of something better. However, I'll leave that to the Latin community to debate.

rayjayjohnson
03-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Absolutely. There are far more tangible ways to commemorate Latin heritage month, than some tricked out NBA jerseys. The more I think about it, it's actually kind of disengenious to the Latin community that the NBA didn't think of something better. However, I'll leave that to the Latin community to debate.

Leopard print?

Goran Dragic
03-18-2012, 04:04 PM
:lol you would be the person to complain about those

lefty
03-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Well

Same shit today

El Heat vs Magic

SenorSpur
03-18-2012, 07:33 PM
If those greedy, Madison Ave. NBA marketing hypocrites really want to help the Latin community, perhaps they should donate all that cash they rake in from the sales fo those shit jerseys to an Latin-based organization like LULAC. Of course, that'll never happen.

lefty
03-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Los Bulls ?

Really?

Old School 44
03-19-2012, 10:20 PM
It's all about the benjamins. The NBA says it's to celebrate the latin american heritage. Please!!! It's to target the $$$ of the fastest growing minority in the US.

Where are the German jerseys, Das Mavericks, Der Spurs?
Or the French jerseys, Les Spurs, Les Lakers?