PDA

View Full Version : Constitutional Scholars say Marco Rubio is not eligible to be president

Galileo
03-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Constitutional Scholars say Marco Rubio is not eligible to be president

The scholars rely on writings at the time of the formation of the republic and references in court cases since then to contend that "natural born" means a person born to U.S. citizens. Rubio was born in 1971 at Cedars of Lebanon Hospital, his office said, but his parents did not become citizens until 1975.

"Marco Rubio was born a Cuban citizen via his parents."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/national/birthers-say-marco-rubio-is-not-eligible-to-be-president/1197628

:lmao

:rollin

:nope

TheProfessor
03-18-2012, 08:33 AM
I see you replaced "birthers" with "scholars." Interesting, considering that later in the Article:

"It's a little confusing, but most scholars think it's a pretty unusual position for anyone to think the natural born citizen clause would exclude someone born in the U.S.," said Polly Price, a law professor at Emory University in Atlanta who specializes in immigration and citizenship.

JoeChalupa
03-18-2012, 08:40 AM
He is an American Citizen...NEXT!!

Wild Cobra Kai
03-18-2012, 09:00 AM
He is an American Citizen...NEXT!!

That's not the qualification, or Arnold would be eligible. He's not, and apparently, neither is Rubio. Naturalized citizens are not eligible.

No Anchor Baby Presidents!! :lol

Galileo
03-18-2012, 09:30 AM
I see you replaced "birthers" with "scholars." Interesting, considering that later in the Article:

children born of parents of foreign ambassadors in NYC are not natural born citizens. Rubio was a natural born Cuban citizen who became naturalized when his illegal alien parents became US citizens. it has nothing to do where you were born. Funny how the neocons stick together, defending Obama and Rubio.

Galileo
03-18-2012, 09:31 AM

There is no such word as "birthers".

:downspin:

Wild Cobra Kai
03-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Can't WAIT to see the contortions of the GOP on their very own immigration stands to defend their token Hispanic candidate.

JoeChalupa
03-18-2012, 10:01 AM
That's not the qualification, or Arnold would be eligible. He's not, and apparently, neither is Rubio. Naturalized citizens are not eligible.

No Anchor Baby Presidents!! :lol

Born in the USA mean born in the USA. That is how I see it.

Wild Cobra Kai
03-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Born in the USA mean born in the USA. That is how I see it.

children born of parents of foreign ambassadors in NYC are not natural born citizens. Rubio was a natural born Cuban citizen who became naturalized when his illegal alien parents became US citizens. it has nothing to do where you were born. Funny how the neocons stick together, defending Obama and Rubio.

:lol:rollin:lol:rollin

ChumpDumper
03-18-2012, 10:53 AM
I see you replaced "birthers" with "scholars.":lol

Ron Paul is not going to win the nomination.

Bill_Brasky
03-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Was he born on US soil? If so, natural born citizen.

Goran Dragic
03-18-2012, 11:18 AM
lol OP saying the neocons defend Obama

Galileo
03-18-2012, 11:28 AM

not birthers, because these Constitutional scholars are not questioning the location of Ruibio's birth.

:hat

Galileo
03-18-2012, 11:29 AM
lol OP saying the neocons defend Obama

another example is illegitimate president Chester Arthur:

HISTORICAL BREAKTHROUGH – PROOF: CHESTER ARTHUR CONCEALED HE WAS A BRITISH SUBJECT AT BIRTH
http://naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com/2008/12/06/urgent-historical-breakthrough-proof-chester-arthur-concealed-he-was-a-british-subject-at-birth/

:wow

ChumpDumper
03-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Kerchner said Rubio is no different from Obama, who even if he was born in Hawaii (which he doubts) was not born to two U.S. citizens. Obama's father was a Kenyan nationalSo we've had seven illegal presidents, and nary a peep about most of them.

Yeah, right.

Galileo
03-18-2012, 11:38 AM
So we've had seven illegal presidents, and nary a peep about most of them.

Yeah, right.

You are a conspiracy theorist!!

:depressed

ChumpDumper
03-18-2012, 11:41 AM

You are a conspiracy theorist!!

:depressedSo, is Ron Paul over the top according to your delegate count yet?

Wild Cobra Kai
03-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Was he born on US soil? If so, natural born citizen.

children born of parents of foreign ambassadors in NYC are not natural born citizens. Rubio was a natural born Cuban citizen who became naturalized when his illegal alien parents became US citizens.

ChumpDumper
03-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Rubio's parents were ambassadors?

Wow.

Wild Cobra Kai
03-18-2012, 02:12 PM

Wow.

Rubio is nothing more than an anchor baby for an illegal family. Surely, Republicans can see that? He was born to two Cuban nationals, a Cuban citizen.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-18-2012, 03:42 PM
:lol

Ron Paul is not going to win the nomination.

If he tries to contest the convention in september its going to be hilarious though.

ChumpDumper
03-18-2012, 03:46 PM
If he tries to contest the convention in september its going to be hilarious though.I can't wait to see those threads.

Wild Cobra
03-18-2012, 03:53 PM
He is a citizen born within the USA. That is one way of satisfying being eligible for president. Who ever is pushing this should refer to Black's Law Dictionary for the term natural born, and past rulings on the subject.

Galileo
03-18-2012, 04:27 PM
So, is Ron Paul over the top according to your delegate count yet?

Paul will have around 400 delegates, plus another 200 sleeper delegates.

Galileo
03-18-2012, 04:31 PM

Wow.

No, but Rubio's parents were Cuban citizens, so Marco Rubio is a natural born Cuban citizen.

:married:

ChumpDumper
03-18-2012, 05:08 PM
lol sleeper delegates

lol ambassadors

ChumpDumper
03-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Ron Paul isn't going to be president nor will he be vice-president.

I do appreciate the walking back, though.

TheProfessor
03-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Funny how the neocons stick together, defending Obama and Rubio.

Galileo
03-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Ron Paul isn't going to be president nor will he be vice-president.

I do appreciate the walking back, though.

The NWO knows what's comin'; Rand is the 2016 frontrunner. Gary Johnson will also do well enough as LP candidate to embarrass the establishment.

Obama is going to be re-elected unless Rand or Ron Paul is the VP.

Galileo
03-18-2012, 08:44 PM
lol sleeper delegates

lol ambassadors

200+ plus sleeper delegates, they may cost Romney the nomination. They are bound to Romney, but will vote present or abstain. Then they will switch to Paul on subsequent votes. they will also vote for Paul's planks in the GOP platform, and vote on the convention speaking schedule.

Galileo
03-18-2012, 08:44 PM

great point, Professor!

TheProfessor
03-18-2012, 08:48 PM
great point, Professor!
Sorry your feelings are hurt, I recommend you don't change articles to make them fit your point of view.

Galileo
03-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Sorry your feelings are hurt, I recommend you don't change articles to make them fit your point of view.

scooby snack?

Wild Cobra
03-19-2012, 02:31 AM
No, but Rubio's parents were Cuban citizens, so Marco Rubio is a natural born Cuban citizen.

:married:
LOL...

That means nobody is a natural born US citizen, except for the Native American Indians!

Galileo
03-19-2012, 08:35 AM
LOL...

That means nobody is a natural born US citizen, except for the Native American Indians!

That's just stupid.

Wild Cobra
03-19-2012, 03:40 PM
That's just stupid.

Yes, it is. But if people want to twist precedent, then why not twist this far?