PDA

View Full Version : Folks, I give you the new slogan of the...

The Ressurrected One
06-20-2005, 04:49 PM
...Democratic Party (http://www.statesman.com/metrostate/content/auto/epaper/editions/saturday/metro_state_243b8c97e16600ed0060.html)

"Democrats: We're not against America! We're not immoral!"

Yes, order your bumper stickers now.

The Austin American-Statesman reports on DemocracyFest 2005, "a three-day convention of progressive politics that is one part kvetch and two parts prep," which drew 900 Democratic activists to Texas' capital. "The festival aims to engage the grass roots in a nonelection year and to improve the electability--to borrow a commonly heard word in 2004--of the progressive wing of the party." One participant explains the strategy:

"We've got to establish the message of the Democratic Party: that we're not against America, that we're not immoral people," Sandra Brown, a committed Democrat from Galveston County, said.

Does this sound like a winning message?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2005, 04:58 PM
I dont get it. So are you against the fact that they don't want to be known as unamerican and immoral?
Or are you mocking them for taking this route?

In either case....they are simply reacting to false and ignorant accusations by people like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh....

"The right is parasitic on the left"

--Perry Logan

and your thread supports that quote

The Ressurrected One
06-20-2005, 10:52 PM
I dont get it.
I'm not surprised.

So are you against the fact that they don't want to be known as unamerican and immoral?
No. Who would be?

Or are you mocking them for taking this route?
Yes.

In either case....they are simply reacting to false and ignorant accusations by people like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh....
I see. So, it takes a particular effort, void of any positive message, to overcome the accusations of Rush and Sean? Wow! What does that say about their real message? That they don't have a real message

"The right is parasitic on the left" --Perry Logan
Ouch!

and your thread supports that quote
Really? How so?

I was just making fun of the Party of Dick Turban Durbin, Robert Kleagle Byrd, Al Fuck-the-Jews Sharpton, et. al. having to actually come together and try to get the message out that they aren't un-American or immoral. If you're neither, it should go without saying.

GopherSA
06-20-2005, 11:42 PM
The problem with the Democrats today (and I speak as a former Democrat) is that they're trying too hard to be too many things to too many people. The GOP has a more unified voice.

The Dems are trying to bridge gay rights activists, labor union members, the anti-gun lobby and pro-abortion supporters into one cohesive group.

That's never going to work.

My dad was a devoted Dem only a few years ago. Sticking him between the transvestite delegate and the NARAL delegate at the Minnesota DFL convention wasn't exactly the way to make his Catholic, pickup driving, shotgun shooting self feel at home.

mookie2001
06-21-2005, 09:10 AM
"We've got to establish the message of the Democratic Party: that we're not against America, that we're not immoral people," Sandra Brown, a committed Democrat from Galveston County, said.

im sure she said that because EVERYDAY someone like sean hannity or rush or jeff bolton or shnit says that about them, and its not the slightest bit accurate, this notion that if youre not republican youre immoral and against america only starter AFTER 9-11 and the "war on terror", patriot act etc.
wierd huh?

anyway Sandra Brown said it anyway?, shes just some lady who calls herself a democrat

Clandestino
06-21-2005, 09:17 AM
too bad actions speak louder than words...

mookie2001
06-21-2005, 09:26 AM
what actions?, to not agree with bush?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-21-2005, 02:30 PM
Ressurected One:

I said people like Rush and Sean, not only Rush and Sean.

And you did support the perry logan quote.

Because if you think about it, you never EVER really step out and talk about an ISSUE flat out, you always present the "stupidity" or "ignorance" of the liberal party in order to make YOUR point. Its how you work. Its how all Conservatives work.

You dont realize this because you are in the middle. You blindly call people like me liberal cuz i dont agree with you and you feed on this. The fact is im neither right nor left, but you just dont or can't accept that. you have to keep bashing liberals in order to make conservative seem right.