PDA

View Full Version : Manning to the Broncos?

JudynTX
03-19-2012, 11:06 AM
WTFF? :wow

JudynTX
03-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Twitter reporting it. What happens to Tebow?

DeadlyDynasty
03-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Broncos have already won that shitty division again.

pawe
03-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Twitter reporting it. What happens to Tebow?

Gonna go to 49ers...that would be funny as hell! :lol

DeadlyDynasty
03-19-2012, 11:18 AM
tebow getting traded to jax

JamStone
03-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Tebow teabagged. God is not pleased.

RGMCSE
03-19-2012, 11:25 AM
tebow getting traded to jax

Sane Jags fans dont want that circus nor that scrub of a QB in Jax. Plus they already have stock in Gabbert for better or worse.

sa_butta
03-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Funny, I thought Manning wanted to win a Super Bowl. Better start working on that OL and get him some better WRs.

DeadlyDynasty
03-19-2012, 11:28 AM
He's got a young stud in Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker will be his poor man's Welker, and you know Dallas Clark is coming with him. McGahee had great production last year despite facing 8-man fronts--he and Moreno will flourish with Manning.

pawe
03-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Expect the Cardinals, Titans, Texans, Niners and Dolphins to have a bounty in their locker rooms.

RaZon
03-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Thrilled he's now a Bronco.

Big Niner fan here.

DeadlyDynasty
03-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Thrilled he's now a Bronco.

Big Niner fan here.

Colin Kaepernick and/or Alex Smith are just as good:tu

dirk4mvp
03-19-2012, 11:33 AM
lol Tebow

RaZon
03-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Colin Kaepernick and/or Alex Smith are just as good:tu

We were one play away from the SB last season. With our defense we don't need to fork out the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ it would take to land a Peyton Manning.

Alex Smith is all we need. Take all that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and add some quality depth.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the board, RaZon.

djohn2oo8
03-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Expect the Cardinals, Titans, Texans, Niners and Dolphins to have a bounty in their locker rooms.

The Texans weren't ever legitimately interested. If anyone has a legit bounty its Miami, Arizon and most importantly the Titans lol.

RaZon
03-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the board, RaZon.

Thanx:D

JMarkJohns
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
ESPN radio and John Clayton saying the Patriots have interest in acquiring Tebow.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-19-2012, 12:06 PM
ESPN radio and John Clayton saying the Patriots have interest in acquiring Tebow.

lolwut?

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Brady's not getting any younger. Pats obviously think the best way to extend his career is to get a fullback that can help the running game and pick up the blitz.

baseline bum
03-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Tebow's gonna save all the fags in SF?

JMarkJohns
03-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Probably has more to do with McDaniels wanting to groom his boy.

benefactor
03-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Good. As long as he's not in Tackville I don't give a shit.

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Would have been cool to see Tebow grow as the Broncos QB, but the logical move is to acquire the sure-thing QB in Manning..

The team is now going all-in for a Super Bowl, but they still have big holes to fill..

The O-line is good and young, so that won't be an issue..McGahee is old and Moreno is atrocious, so they need a running back..Thomas has elite potential, but he needs to stay healthy..Decker is overrated, but he'll be a good #2 with Manning..

The defense was solid when Von Miller and Doom were playing at peak level, but poor when Von got hurt..desperately need safeties and another d-lineman..

Fox is one of the worst offensive coaches in the NFL, same with McCoy, so thankfully, Manning will probably take over as offensive coach..

The division should be easy and the AFC is weak, overall, but the Broncos still have holes to fill..

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2012, 12:17 PM
I'd still like to see Tebow succeed, so I hope he ends up in New England or San Fran..

JMarkJohns
03-19-2012, 12:24 PM
The Broncos offensive line isn't as strong as their raw stats suggest. If you divide the number of pass attempts and divide by total QB hits/sacks, the Broncos line was worse than even the shitty Cardinals. They had fewer drop backs with Tebow which disguised a very average to mediocre pass protection. Tebow was always under pressure. They are a good run-bocking line, but Manning doesn't need that. Not to mention Tebow broke pocket and ran frequently when under pressue and was therefore tackled and not "hit" or "sacked" further disguising the flaws up front.

TheCultOfPersonality
03-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Demariyus Thomas and Eric Decker are going to look alot better now that they have a QB that can actually get the ball into their hands.

Mugen
03-19-2012, 12:36 PM
God.Damnit.

lefty
03-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Pray, Tebow

Pray !

vander
03-19-2012, 01:07 PM
We were one play away from the SB last season. With our defense we don't need to fork out the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ it would take to land a Peyton Manning.

Alex Smith is all we need. Take all that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and add some quality depth.

one play away from not winning any playoff games too.

I don't think the Niners even make the playoffs next year, they're pretty overrated

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2012, 01:29 PM
The Broncos offensive line isn't as strong as their raw stats suggest. If you divide the number of pass attempts and divide by total QB hits/sacks, the Broncos line was worse than even the shitty Cardinals. They had fewer drop backs with Tebow which disguised a very average to mediocre pass protection. Tebow was always under pressure. They are a good run-bocking line, but Manning doesn't need that. Not to mention Tebow broke pocket and ran frequently when under pressue and was therefore tackled and not "hit" or "sacked" further disguising the flaws up front.

Tebow also had a longer release time than most of the QBs in the NFL, which hurt a line that wasn't accustomed to playing with a QB of his style..it also hurt that Tebow was essentially a rookie that didn't have experience in reading defenses, which often led to an overload of unexpected pressure from the opposing defense, which harmed the o-line..

The other QB was Orton, the king of the auto-sack..

Broncos have 3 lineman that are young and growing, they will be fine..

Mel_13
03-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Big day for Tim Tebow. Just got screwed for the first time.

http://twitter.com/#!/ZachMcCann

Obstructed_View
03-19-2012, 01:41 PM
God.Damnit.

And Tim Tebow said that for the first time too.

BUMP
03-19-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't think the Niners even make the playoffs next year, they're pretty overrated

lolwut?

TIMMYtoZO
03-19-2012, 01:50 PM
:lol the 49ers are fucked even if they keep Smith. Manning was the player they needed and they failed. If the Broncos can fill their other holes, that will be a scary team. Looks like the nfc belongs to the Giants again. There isnt an nfc team that is good enough to end New Yorks Dynasty.

vander
03-19-2012, 01:55 PM
lolwut?

lolwait&see

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-19-2012, 01:58 PM
:lolI bet the Niners go after Chad Henne b/c Harbaugh's a fellow Michigan man

TIMMYtoZO
03-19-2012, 02:02 PM
:lolI bet the Niners go after Chad Henne b/c Harbaugh's a fellow Michigan man

:lol from Manning to an emotionally scared Smith or Henne.

resistanze
03-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Brady's not getting any younger. Pats obviously think the best way to extend his career is to get a fullback that can help the running game and pick up the blitz.

:lol

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Few Thoughts

- Manning chose Control (Broncos) over Championship (Niners). If he retires with only 1 ring, this decision will weight heavily where I rank him

- How different is the Broncos current roster vs the Cheifs when Montana joined? Montana got to a AFCCG

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Gonna go to 49ers...that would be funny as hell! :lol
0% chance of that happening

Kyle Williams
03-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Few Thoughts

- Manning chose Control (Broncos) over Championship (Niners). If he retires with only 1 ring, this decision will weight heavily where I rank him

- How different is the Broncos current roster vs the Cheifs when Montana joined? Montana got to a AFCCG

yo we cool now, b?

midnightpulp
03-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Goddamnit! 11+ win team easily. Raiders got no fuckin' chance now at the division.

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 02:18 PM
:lol the 49ers are fucked even if they keep Smith. Manning was the player they needed and they failed. If the Broncos can fill their other holes, that will be a scary team. Looks like the nfc belongs to the Giants again. There isnt an nfc team that is good enough to end New Yorks Dynasty.
Oh boy. Another day, more stupidity from you

- Why are they fucked
- Manning is signing a 5-year/98 Million dollar contract with Denver. I would have LOL'd if Niners did that
- Like I've stated 1 million times on this board. Giants will be watching next years playoffs from home

midnightpulp
03-19-2012, 02:19 PM
yo we cool now, b?

pawe
03-19-2012, 02:24 PM

That's what I cant figure out too. Manning knows he needs protection and Denver is only 1 spot higher in the 5 worst teams giving up sacks rankings over the Cardinals.

BUMP
03-19-2012, 02:24 PM
lolwait&see

Still don't see how the 9ers don't cruise do the division title again. Nobody got any better besides Seattle, in theory, who signed a QB who's only started 2 games in his career.

And as much as we :lol at Smith, he still had a great season (mainly due to Harbaugh) and I don't see how he won't be just as good with them adding Moss/Manningham.

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Still don't see how the 9ers don't cruise do the division title again. Nobody got any better besides Seattle, in theory, who signed a QB who's only started 2 games in his career.

And as much as we :lol at Smith, he still had a great season (mainly due to Harbaugh) and I don't see how he won't be just as good with them adding Moss/Manningham.
You are trying to debate football with people that don't watch the games

I'm on this football board daily & let's just say comparing the football opinions on this basketball board to other forums that only have football posters, is quite hilarious.

Kinda like discussing the 9-7 "Giants Dynasty" that wins playoff games every 4 years

vander
03-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Goddamnit! 11+ win team easily. Raiders got no fuckin' chance now at the division.

they got a pretty brutal schedule next year, and if there's one thing the Chargers do consistently well, it's beat Peyton Manning.

vander
03-19-2012, 02:37 PM

they won a lot of close games last year, got a lot of turnovers, Gore stayed healthy, everything just went perfect for the 9ers in 2011, won't happen in 2012. I think the Rams are going to own that division for a while.

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 02:43 PM
they won a lot of close games last year, got a lot of turnovers, Gore stayed healthy, everything just went perfect for the 9ers in 2011, won't happen in 2012. I think the Rams are going to own that division for a while.

14-4 last year
Bringing EVERYONE back
Filled the biggest hole
Still have draft
A very intelligent & accurate QB will win you close games
Best defense in football will get you alot of turnovers
Gore didn't stay healthy. Plus they will draft another RB
3 fumbles by a backup in the NFCCG: Everything went perfect?

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Rams are a couple of seasons away. They have one of the worst defenses in football & their best player is an aging humbled RB

BUMP
03-19-2012, 02:50 PM
I think the Rams are going to own that division for a while.

I was starting to take your post seriously until I read this

Goran Dragic
03-19-2012, 02:59 PM
I actually agree with Vander. Alex Smith had one good season last year in a career otherwise mired in shit. Chances are Alex Smith goes back to old form next season.

vander
03-19-2012, 03:00 PM

14-4 last year
Bringing EVERYONE back
Filled the biggest hole
Still have draft
A very intelligent & accurate QB will win you close games
Best defense in football will get you alot of turnovers
Gore didn't stay healthy. Plus they will draft another RB
3 fumbles by a backup in the NFCCG: Everything went perfect?

there's no way in hell they have a turnover differential even close to +28 again. and without that +28, 9ers are an 8-8 / 9-7 team.

you don't have to believe me, just wait and see for yourself.

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 03:00 PM
I actually agree with Vander. Alex Smith had one good season last year in a career otherwise mired in shit. Chances are Alex Smith goes back to old form next season.
*Sigh*

I already posted Alex Smith's career numbers to Eli Manning (through the same number of games). They were identical.

Run along noob. Try watching some football this season

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 03:02 PM
there's no way in hell they have a turnover differential even close to +28 again. and without that +28, 9ers are an 8-8 / 9-7 team.

you don't have to believe me, just wait and see for yourself.
You will disappear when the Niners have a BYE in the playoffs again

14-4 team + Improvements = No Playoffs? :lol

vander
03-19-2012, 03:03 PM
I was starting to take your post seriously until I read this

they have a franchise QB and all those top 10 picks form the Redskins, might be a year away yet, but they should own that division if they don't fuck up those draft picks.

BUMP
03-19-2012, 03:04 PM

imho the difference between last season and the rest of his career is the fact that he has a former Quarterback as head coach instead of guys like Singletary who have no idea how to treat a QB.

I think Alex Smith is a shit QB, but he happens to be in the perfect situation now

Goran Dragic
03-19-2012, 03:06 PM
*Sigh*

I already posted Alex Smith's career numbers to Eli Manning (through the same number of games). They were identical.

Run along noob. Try watching some football this season
Eli Manning is one of the most overrated QBs in football, who, as you pointed out, is only good 1 out of every 4 years. If Alex Smith is comparable to Eli Manning, that means he's gonna have 3 years of suck before he's good again.

Goran Dragic
03-19-2012, 03:07 PM
imho the difference between last season and the rest of his career is the fact that he has a former Quarterback as head coach instead of guys like Singletary who have no idea how to treat a QB.

I think Alex Smith is a shit QB, but he happens to be in the perfect situation now
True tbh.

lol Nigletary
lol thinking it's a good idea to burn your players out during training camp
lol black coaches who try to instill discipline

vander
03-19-2012, 03:08 PM
14-4 team + Improvements = No Playoffs? :lol

14-4 was a fluke, an over-achievement, so I don't know why you keep saying 14-4 like it means something for next year

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 03:12 PM
14-4 was a fluke, an over-achievement, so I don't know why you keep saying 14-4 like it means something for next year
Best defense in football isn't a fluke

Plus, the Niners went through a coaching change during a strike shortened pre season. Think about how much more in sync this team will be on both sides of the ball with more practice.

It's scary

RaZon
03-19-2012, 03:30 PM
one play away from not winning any playoff games too.

They played the Superbowl champs twice. Beat them once then took them into overtime. They are overrated?

They can't beat up on that weak NFC West?

Great defense, great TE, stud running back. With Moss and Manningham the passing game should improve. What's not to like?

The Driver
03-19-2012, 03:30 PM
.........interesting.

vander
03-19-2012, 03:37 PM
They played the Superbowl champs Giants twice. Beat them once then took them into overtime. There are overrated?

They can't beat up on that weak division?

this is a whole other issue, 12 team playoffs is a joke, and more often than not, the best team doesn't win the SB. Giants weren't the best team

RaZon
03-19-2012, 03:44 PM
this is a whole other issue, 12 team playoffs is a joke, and more often than not, the best team doesn't win the SB. Giants weren't the best team

It doesn't matter if it's a joke or not that's how it is. The best team doesn't always win any game. That's why they play the game.(did I really say that?)

The Niners are right there ready to make another step forward. As of right now they are probably the third ranked NFC team behind the Giants and Packers....you disagree?

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Vander doesn't realize how valuable an ELITE defense is in this current offensive slanted league.

Texans made the playoffs & won a playoff game with a 3rd string QB. Broncos did the same with their backup.

Honestly. Niners would probably make the playoffs with Colin Kaepearnick as the starter next year

RaZon
03-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Best defense in football isn't a fluke

Plus, the Niners went through a coaching change during a strike shortened pre season. Think about how much more in sync this team will be on both sides of the ball with more practice.

It's scary

They need to get Kendall Hunter more work. I'd try to get him out in space where he can use that quickness. More passes thrown his way.

Hopefully Moss still has it and Manningham can keep Crabtree on the bench.

Nathan89
03-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Big fan of both Peyton and Tebow. I'm not happy with decision. Just terrible. He could've won a SB with the 49ers. Also Tebow gets fucked.

Why Peyton:bang

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 04:05 PM
So where are the weapons for Manning? If I'm Denver
- Get on the phone with Manningham & try to sign him
- Sign Mike Wallace

vander
03-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Vander doesn't realize how valuable an ELITE defense is in this current offensive slanted league.

Texans made the playoffs & won a playoff game with a 3rd string QB. Broncos did the same with their backup.

Honestly. Niners would probably make the playoffs with Colin Kaepearnick as the starter next year

remains to be seen just how elite the 9ers D will be in 2012

and Defense isn't as important as QB, compare the top 10 defenses every year the top 10 QBs, I think you'll find the QBs have more success.

it's difficult and expensive to maintain an elite defense. and the most important part of a great D is the pass rush, and pass rushers often flame out all to quickly

RaZon
03-19-2012, 04:11 PM
remains to be seen just how elite the 9ers D really is

and Defense isn't as important as QB, compare the top 10 defenses every year the top 10 QBs, I think you'll find the QBs have more success.

it's difficult and expensive to maintain an elite defense. and the most important part of a great D is the pass rush, and pass rushers often flame out all to quickly

It's when you have a "great" defense like the 85 Bears, those 70's Steeler teams, the Ravens the year they won it all. That Niner D is starting to look like that and they are young. Dan Marino never won a SB, Manning only has one. Dan Fouts never played in a SB.

Who can win with a great defense, so so QB.

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 04:14 PM
remains to be seen just how elite the 9ers D will be in 2012

While you are correct, you are comparing 1 player to 11. Otherwise the Bills signing Mario Williams would be getting the same hype that Peyton to Denver is.

On the flip side, look what happened to the Colts when they lost one player. After the draft, the Niners could be 2-deep on Defense.

Justin Smith was the Defensive Player of the Year last year & A.Smith is just coming into his own. Niners have a 2-year window here where the defense will be historic good before J.Smith declines, the secondary ages & they lose depth.

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 04:15 PM
It's when you have a "great" defense like the 85 Bears, those 70's Steeler teams, the Ravens the year they won it all. That Niner D is starting to look like that and they are young. Dan Marino never won a SB, Manning only has one. Dan Fouts never played in a SB.

Agreed. If Kyle Williams doesn't vomit 3 times, people are mentioning last years Niners team to atleast the 2002 Bucs

pawe
03-19-2012, 04:25 PM
I hate the Niners with a passion but they would've breezed thru the division with Manning throwing the ball.
I guess Manning's big head didnt like the thought of former QB Harbaugh barking instructions on what kind of play he should run next.

vander
03-19-2012, 04:27 PM

most of what you're talking about here is pre salary cap era. ravens and bucks are the only salary cap era exceptions. Marino, well, I've read that Marino was a bit of an impediment to getting more talent on the Dolphins, with a lesser ego he probably bags a SB or two. but there are lots of great QBs, only one can win the SB each year. I can give you a much much longer list of great defenses that didn't win the SB

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 04:29 PM
I hate the Niners with a passion but they would've breezed thru the division with Manning throwing the ball.
I guess Manning's big head didnt like the thought of former QB Harbaugh barking instructions on what kind of play he should run next.
*DING DING*

No one is denying this would have ended badly after 3 seasons but you are talking the closest you will get to a 2nd Super Bowl ring

Manning: Rather do it his way & maybe win vs Be a final piece & guarantee win.

Brady & Rodgers > Manning

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-19-2012, 04:58 PM
There's no way on God's green earth that the Niners go 13-3 or better again (if you think otherwise, then l'd be glad to take your money)...Their defense is legit but I'm not buying a QB who's had one good year in his pro career. Seattle has a ton of young talent and if Flynn is even decent they will be a tough opponent--weren't they 7-9 with Tarnigris last year?

Besides their crappy division, they have some tough games:

Home:

Bears
Lions
Giants
Dolphins
Bills
Division

Bears, Lions, and Giants will all be tough.

Road:

Vikings (easy)
Packers
Saints
Patriots
Jets
Division

Also, the 49ers aren't coming out of nowhere this year...they'll have a target on their back after being 13-3. I think they're still the best in the division, but they'll hover around 10-6 this year.

vander, picking the Rams to win that division is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. It's almost NewcastleKEG-dumb.

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2012, 05:00 PM
I hope the Broncos don't blow their money on a receiver, defensive holes are more important..

Demaryius has the potential to be a top 5 WR in the NFL, if he stays healthy..Decker will be a solid #2..the rest of the corps will be made up of adequate fillers, no need for big names..

Manning didn't want to cock-block Eli, he was never actually considering the 49ers..why would you sign with a team that rival's your brother's team, in the same conference?..

HarlemHeat37
03-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Also, Green Bay and New Orleans, with patched up defenses, are > 49ers IMO..

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 05:29 PM
There's no way on God's green earth that the Niners go 13-3 or better again (if you think otherwise, then l'd be glad to take your money)...Their defense is legit but I'm not buying a QB who's had one good year in his pro career. Seattle has a ton of young talent and if Flynn is even decent they will be a tough opponent--weren't they 7-9 with Tarnigris last year?

Home:

Bears
Lions
Giants
Dolphins
Bills
Division

Road:

Vikings (easy)
Packers
Saints
Patriots
Jets
Division

Also, the 49ers aren't coming out of nowhere this year...they'll have a target on their back after being 13-3. I think they're still the best in the division, but they'll hover around 10-6 this year.

vander, picking the Rams to win that division is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. It's almost NewcastleKEG-dumb.
Wins in bold

4-2 in Division. So 11-5

pawe
03-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Everyone seems to be forgetting the NFL started late.
Teams were not conditioned and was all disarrayed.
This season will show if the Niners' run was legit or just a fluke.

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Also, Green Bay and New Orleans, with patched up defenses, are > 49ers IMO..
I have yet to see the Saints patch up anything, especially not like signing Moss/Manningham

Plus the league hasn't come down on the Saints yet. NO is about to take a slip. Falcons & Panthers on the rise

Packers have to physically fight the Bears & Lions 4 times a year. The damage will be done

NewcastleKEG
03-19-2012, 05:39 PM
GREAT point

Niners had to adjust on the fly with a lot of new pieces. The offensive line improved greatly in the 2nd Half as well. As noted the schedule seems to be more difficult but Niners won
@ Cinci
@ Phili
@ Detroit
@ Washington
@ Seattle

These were Whitner's quotes in the off-season

Whitner will likely dive more into his defensive playbook as he prepares for his first full offseason with the 49ers. "There were a lot of things we left out of our playbook because it was just too complicated to have in," Whitner said. "I know Coach Vic [Fangio], he has more in store for us if we can get those OTAs and those minicamps, and get together in training camp, with almost a full playbook installed. We can work on the small things to make this defense that much better. I think we’ll do that… That's scary knowing that we can get a lot better on defense."

Eli Sunday
03-19-2012, 06:03 PM
The Broncos spat in the face of God-fearing Americans by signing Manning.

TIMMYtoZO
03-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Why are they fucked
Because they are relying on a game managing qb who went 1/12 for 3rd downs in a playoff game. Not to mention, he is probably asshurt that the 49ers thought of him as expendable.

-Manning is signing a 5-year/98 Million dollar contract with Denver. I would have LOL'd if Niners did that
I am pretty sure there are lots of incentives in that contract. If not, then this is an even riskier move for Denver.

- Like I've stated 1 million times on this board. Giants will be watching next years playoffs from home

Marvin Austin/Terrell Thomas add to an already suffocating D. Elite Manning will be even better as will Nicks/Cruz. You hope they would miss the playoffs. :lol

RaZon
03-19-2012, 10:30 PM

Home:

Bears
Lions
Giants
Dolphins
Bills
Division

Road:

Vikings (easy)
Packers
Saints
Patriots
Jets
Division

I think it's very realistic to see another 13-3 season for the Niners. They didn't lose anyone. Adding Moss and Manningham will help.

They could go 5-1 in the division, now add wins over, well everyone at home. They will lose to Packers and Pats on the road. Sure they'll lose one they should have won but they will also win one they should have lost.

They are a team on the rise, no way anyone can put limitations on them. Who saw them doing what they did last year, let me guess...you didn't. Neither did I.

J.T.
03-19-2012, 11:57 PM
I hope he wins the Super Bowl this year because Robert Mathis is going to snap his neck when the Broncos come to Indy in 2013. I'm all in with Andrew Luck now.

Bill_Brasky
03-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Fuck Manning. If he really cared about winning he'd be in SF. Guess the $200000000000 he already made in his career wasn't enough to maybe sacrifice and take a paycut to win a minimum of 2 rings.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Fuck Manning. If he really cared about winning he'd be in SF. Guess the $200000000000 he already made in his career wasn't enough to maybe sacrifice and take a paycut to win a minimum of 2 rings.

In both situations he'd be walking into current division champion rosters, weak divisions, and decent offensive talent. San Fran's D is much better as of now, but Denver has a sick pass rush and they're a couple safeties away (as hh said) from being possibly dominant.

Most importantly, the NFC is twice the conference the AFC is right now, so less stiff competition come playoffs, in theory.

RaZon
03-20-2012, 10:20 AM

I'm a Niner fan and didn't want to spend that kind of money on anyone. We are already there, with the D we have Alex Smith is all we need. Was glad he passed us by.

Bill_Brasky
03-20-2012, 10:24 AM
In both situations he'd be walking into current division champion rosters, weak divisions, and decent offensive talent. San Fran's D is much better as of now, but Denver has a sick pass rush and they're a couple safeties away (as hh said) from being possibly dominant.

Most importantly, the NFC is twice the conference the AFC is right now, so less stiff competition come playoffs, in theory.

I like Denver. But when I think of SF I think of a well-coached group that is a great TEAM that simply needs a great QB to have multiple SBs locked up. When I look at Denver I see a John Fox coached team that accidentally rode some Tebow magic into the PO's. Tebow wasn't the only Bronco player getting raped by NE in that playoff game. Their D shit the bed too.

I like their D and if they make the right moves, sure they could be dominant. But nowhere near where SF is now.

Then again, maybe Peyton is the type of player that needs a coach like Fox who he doesn't have to listen to.

Bill_Brasky
03-20-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm a Niner fan and didn't want to spend that kind of money on anyone. We are already there, with the D we have Alex Smith is all we need. Was glad he passed us by.

Except Smith will never get you anywhere. 1/12 on third downs in a playoff game is pathetic. It's easy to sit there and blame Kyle Williams for sucking for 3 plays but Smith was hot garbage for the full 60 minutes.

HarlemHeat37
03-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Again, I don't know why people aren't buying the Eli reason..I'd rather face my brother in the Super Bowl, as opposed to stopping him from getting there..

RaZon
03-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Except Smith will never get you anywhere. 1/12 on third downs in a playoff game is pathetic. It's easy to sit there and blame Kyle Williams for sucking for 3 plays but Smith was hot garbage for the full 60 minutes.

I will sit here and blame Williams for sucking long and hard. If it were all about QB play then what was Smith even doing there in the Championship game? Where were Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees? Marino won how many SB's? The great Peyton Manning...one. Now look at that long list of so so QB's who did play in SB's....Tony Eason, Trent Dilfer, Neil O' Donnell and on and on.

The Niners have that big 4.....stuff the run/you can run/pressure the QB/don't turn it over....that's what wins in the NFL.

Terry Bradshsaw was not a great QB, Dan Fouts was. But when it comes to Superbowls.

Kyle Williams
03-20-2012, 12:07 PM
I will sit here and blame Williams for sucking long and hard. If it were all about QB play then what was Smith even doing there in the Championship game? Where were Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees? Marino won how many SB's? The great Peyton Manning...one. Now look at that long list of so so QB's who did play in SB's....Tony Eason, Trent Dilfer, Neil O' Donnell and on and on.

The Niners have that big 4.....stuff the run/you can run/pressure the QB/don't turn it over....that's what wins in the NFL.

Terry Bradshsaw was not a great QB, Dan Fouts was. But when it comes to Superbowls.

nlgga wtf u talkin bout?...AS led us nowhere all game on 3rd down in an NFC TITLE GAME. Only time he converted was the last play of regulation when the Giants played 8 deep safeties.

vander
03-20-2012, 01:20 PM

really? 'ever'?

have you heard about that Redskins trade?

they've had a top 2 draft pick 3 of the last 4 years (and this year, which they turned into 3 top 10 draft picks) just like SF before them, they've built up more talent then it appears on the surface, they have some good young pass rushers, a solid OL, a franchise QB if he can stay healthy, all they need is a couple impact players, mainly a WR, and this team will be damn good.

might not be 2012, but after 2012, NFC west should be the Rams division

pawe
03-20-2012, 01:52 PM

SF won because Harbaugh made everything simple for Smith. Safe passes and not going for risky big plays.

lefty
03-20-2012, 08:28 PM

Solid post

ploto
03-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Would have been cool to see Tebow grow as the Broncos QB, but the logical move is to acquire the sure-thing QB in Manning...

I just do not see how he is a sure thing anymore. Why trade away your young QB given Manning's injury problems? Can't they co-exist?

DeadlyDynasty
03-20-2012, 09:42 PM
^
No.

ploto
03-20-2012, 10:18 PM
^
No.

Why not-- if a team like the Patriots are interested in Tebow?

lefty
01-19-2014, 10:46 PM
Few Thoughts

lefty
01-19-2014, 10:47 PM
lirl