PDA

View Full Version : CBS Typo Re: Hickson

Russo21
03-19-2012, 10:09 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/17907738/kings-buy-out-jj-hickson

The Kings announced Monday that they have reached a buyout agreement with forward J.J. Hickson.

Hickson will enter a thin bought-out-players free agency market as one of the few players with upside. His considerable athleticism should result in a number of teams taking a look at him.

Danny Ferry originally drafted Hickson for the Cavaliers in 2008 and is now part of the San Antonio Spurs' frontcourt, though San Antonio is expected to be centrally focused on either Patty Mills or Derek Fisher.

What's that about? I haven't heard of a signing? So why does it say he is now part of the spurs frontcourt? Do we have him or is it an error in the article.:wakeup

Leetonidas
03-19-2012, 10:10 PM
I think it means to say front office

Dunc n Dave
03-19-2012, 10:11 PM
they're talking about ferry. And they meant to say "front office."

jon123spurs
03-19-2012, 10:13 PM
If I'm not mistaken I'm sure he's talking about ferry with the spurs I think its just an error but if its true I'm liking this over the Patty mills signing this guy has alot of potential sure hope it's true nice find

Russo21
03-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Oh ok, yeah it might mean to say front office. If so the writer and editor didn't put a lot of effort into putting the article together.

It can either mean ferry is now part of the spurs front office (not frontcourt)
or
Hickson is part of the spurs frontcourt.

They didn't make it very clear, whichever scenario they were trying to get across...

Darkwaters
03-19-2012, 11:48 PM
A piece for next season. Won't play this year if signed

DMC
03-20-2012, 01:36 AM
SA cannot get Fisher and Bonner at the same time, that's too much danger of losing them both on the plane ride then where would the player's union be?

Russo21
03-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Hickson going to golden state. Damn. He could have been a wonderful addition.

Agloco
03-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Hickson going to golden state. Damn. He could have been a wonderful addition.

That was my first inclination, now I'm not so certain. Gotta ask why the Cavs traded him in the first place and then why the Kings let him walk.