PDA

View Full Version : Good Place to Park?

Chris
03-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Coming to see the game tomorrow, we were looking to eat at Mexican Manhattan downtown then bus over to the arena. If that's not possible, then maybe somewhere close to the arena? Any recommendations for parking for 3-4 hours?

Hoops Czar
03-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Who's playing?

monkeypunk
03-20-2012, 11:30 AM
I think the game is tomorrow night, fwiw imho smbu

101A
03-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Coming to see the game tonight, we were looking to eat at Mexican Manhattan downtown then bus over to the arena. If that's not possible, then maybe somewhere close to the arena? Any recommendations for parking for 3-4 hours?

Hell, don't worry about the bus! There is an astounding amount of available FREE parking right at ATT. I'm betting you can park just a few feet from the front doors. Drive on over after dinner.

Enjoy the GAME!!!

mexicanjunior
03-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Coming to see the game tonight, we were looking to eat at Mexican Manhattan downtown then bus over to the arena. If that's not possible, then maybe somewhere close to the arena? Any recommendations for parking for 3-4 hours?

Mexican Manhattan is great, especially the enchiladas. Enjoy!

DPG21920
03-20-2012, 11:37 AM
I would T-Park

-Lefty

Slydragon
03-20-2012, 11:44 AM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg861/scaled.php?server=861&filename=sc20120320114454.jpg&res=medium

JRHernandez88
03-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Yeah the games tomorowman. There's plenty of parking all around the at&t center for $10.

JRHernandez88
03-20-2012, 01:31 PM
You don't want to take the bus from that stop by mexican manhattan to the AT&T center either. Better off taking the car.

Chris
03-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I got my dates wrong - thanks a lot ya'll! :lol
Ok, Hernandez, ill try my luck with the AT&T parking lot I guess

gospursgojas
03-20-2012, 03:33 PM
You dont want to be on a bus downtown after 10pm...which is when game will end.

bus driver
03-20-2012, 03:47 PM
You dont want to be on a bus downtown after 10pm...which is when game will end.

whats wrong with being on the bus? :ihit

Coming to see the game tomorrow, we were looking to eat at Mexican Manhattan downtown then bus over to the arena. If that's not possible, then maybe somewhere close to the arena? Any recommendations for parking for 3-4 hours?

fuck the game, give a review on mexican manhattan on a 10 jalapeno scale

Chris
03-20-2012, 04:12 PM
fuck the game, give a review on mexican manhattan on a 10 jalapeno scale

10/10 jalapenos , been going there since I was an infant
Highly recommend the chalupas, probably the best I've ever had

LongtimeSpursFan
03-20-2012, 04:19 PM
After eating dinner at Mexican Manhattan, I would suggest to travel east on Houston St. until you get close to the ATT Center. There will be some railroad tracks that you cross. On the right hand side there is a business "Phillips" (looks like a warehouse) and then a parking lot that is gated and paved (corner of Houston and Coca Cola St). There are signs stating 'Parking $10'. I have always found that a good place to park as you dont have to deal with tons of cars and people leaving the game. I can usually get in and out of the parking lot in a couple of minutes.

Kool Bob Love
03-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Im gonna go around 4:30.
They open the doors @ 5:30 so I can try to gets some autographs before tipoff.

So parking is $10 at the at&t center lot? Or a block away from there?
1st game this season so yeah:nerd

DesignatedT
03-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Park and ride from Dave and Busters :tu

Dr. John R. Brinkley
03-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Consider Ye Olde Bluestar Brewery. Not sure if they still do it, but if you eat dinner there before the game you can get a free ride on their own private shuttle that drops you off in front of the arena and then picks you up right after the game...and you can bring beer on their bus. That's a pretty good option.

LongtimeSpursFan
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Consider Ye Olde Bluestar Brewery. Not sure if they still do it, but if you eat dinner there before the game you can get a free ride on their own private shuttle that drops you off in front of the arena and then picks you up right after the game...and you can bring beer on their bus. That's a pretty good option.

I didnt know this. May have to try it out for Mavs game.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Plenty of free parking around that coca cola plant. Its about a 2 block hike. Never had a problem there. I've parked there with as little as 10 minutes to go for gametime.

Chris
03-20-2012, 06:19 PM
After eating dinner at Mexican Manhattan, I would suggest to travel east on Houston St. until you get close to the ATT Center. There will be some railroad tracks that you cross. On the right hand side there is a business "Phillips" (looks like a warehouse) and then a parking lot that is gated and paved (corner of Houston and Coca Cola St). There are signs stating 'Parking $10'. I have always found that a good place to park as you dont have to deal with tons of cars and people leaving the game. I can usually get in and out of the parking lot in a couple of minutes.

Sweet, thanks for the elaborate directions, I'll give this a shot.

barberbilly
03-21-2012, 07:49 AM
dude! go to blue star brewery! they have a bus that takes you to and from the game for free! all you have to do is get there early enuff to eat at blue star (the bus takes off 30 min before the game). and if youre planning on drinking, you can take your beer on the bus and have a fresh beer waiting for you when the bus picks you up! i'm going with my 3 buddies tonight and its always a good time!

bus driver
03-21-2012, 07:51 AM
10/10 jalapenos , been going there since I was an infant
Highly recommend the chalupas, probably the best I've ever had

:tu thanks Chris, i will need to check it out

RGMCSE
03-21-2012, 08:25 AM
dude! go to blue star brewery! they have a bus that takes you to and from the game for free! all you have to do is get there early enuff to eat at blue star (the bus takes off 30 min before the game). and if youre planning on drinking, you can take your beer on the bus and have a fresh beer waiting for you when the bus picks you up! i'm going with my 3 buddies tonight and its always a good time!

They do this for UTSA football games as well. Same thing for First Friday also. You can walk around the district then flag the shuttle down and hitch a free ride to the brewery and back. Good times. :tu

JRHernandez88
03-21-2012, 10:08 AM

So this is foreal make sure and post how it was when you get back. Sounds like something I would do.