PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Deathmatch 2

Gatita
06-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Celebrities had better watch out, because their petty feuds will once again play out in claymation form. Between 1998 and 2002, MTV's "Celebrity Deathmatch" aired some 75-plus episodes, pitting claymation stars against each other in battles that resolved in hilarious and gory fatalities. For the first time since 2002, new episodes are ready to go into production, as "Celebrity Deathmatch" is moving to MTV2 for its latest incarnation.

MTV2 announced on Monday (June 20) that at least eight new "Deathmatch" episodes will premiere in November as part of the network's young-skewing Sic 'Em Friday lineup. Original "Deathmatch" creator Eric Fogel isn't expected to be involved with the show's new incarnation.

In addition to "Deathmatch," MTV2 has ordered two new shows for the Friday block. "Chico & Guapo," which will also premiere in November, is co-created by Orlando Jones ("Father of the Pride") and depicts the adventures of two animated janitors trying to make it in the music business. Launching in July is "Stankervision," featuring pranks, sketches, animation, claymation, man-on-the street bits and more, and starring the comedy troupe known as "The Damn Show." MTV2 has ordered eight half-hour episodes of both shows. Also getting eight episode orders are returning favorites "Wildboyz," "Team Sanchez" and "Damage Control."

"MTV2 has created a distinct, subversive sensibility," says Brian Graden, president of programming for MTV Networks Music Group and LOGO. "By building upon its rich music positioning with a complementary programming block, the network is getting buzz and pulling in the audience in record numbers."

N.Y. Johnny
06-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Man i haven't seen MTV in ages, the last time i seen MTV they actually played music videos so thats been a long fuckin time ago.
:lmao

Gatita
06-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Man i haven't seen MTV in ages, the last time i seen MTV they actually played music videos so thats been a long fuckin time ago.
:lmao

I would see Celebrity Deathmatch reruns every once in a while. They were hilarious! :)

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-21-2005, 05:08 AM
All those shows are fucking lame.

ObiwanGinobili
06-21-2005, 07:58 AM
'bout time celebrity deathmatch came back.
damn I lOVED that show. it was freakin hilarious!