PDA

View Full Version : No-call on Horry

ABDENOUR POWER
06-20-2005, 07:29 PM
First of all, I want to congradulate your team on a well played game. Horry made some killer shots and Detroit couldn't, and I know that many calls went the pistons way. However...

I think that the play where Horry drove to the hoop for the slam decided the game. He charged to the hoop straight through Rip Hamilton and threw it down. Instead of being called the charge that it really was, it was called a blocking foul on Rip. The Pistons were up four at the time and would have gotten the ball back with a chance to build on the lead and Horry would have fouled out. You guys know as well as I do that without Horry Detroit would have won. Instead of this happening, the lead was cut down to 2 and Horry was left in the game.

Once again, I know that the Pistons got some calls in their favor down the stretch, but none of them had near this big of an impact on the game. I am left with a bitter taste in my mouth after this game because I think the outcome may have been different if the correct call was made. :depressed

td4mvp3
06-20-2005, 07:33 PM
no, rip is still moving and sliding some while horry's in the air.

Experiment2100
06-20-2005, 07:33 PM
The correct call was made

http://s116937048.onlinehome.us/horryJAM.gif

As you can see he moves to the left and he moves his feet.

T Park
06-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Instead of being called the charge that it really was,

afraid to tell you troll.

You dont get a charge, when your looking backwards, leaning back, and off to the side all at the same time.

Goodbye.

ShoogarBear
06-20-2005, 07:35 PM
"Back . . . and to the left. Back . . . and to the left. Back . . . "

duncan_21
06-20-2005, 07:36 PM
You might want to watch that game again. That was another one of rips floppity flops.

SenorSpur
06-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Yes, the correct call was made.

BTW, how about that non-call on Rip Hamilton using his a vicious elbow to clear space in the lane on Tony Parker.

exstatic
06-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Rasheed called a TO with .1 in regulation...when Detroit didn't have one. They even stopped the clock. That's a technical, so don't you dare come in here and bitch about a call that happened after that point.

ABDENOUR POWER
06-20-2005, 07:38 PM
I'm sorry, but that video doesn't change my mind. I think thats a charge.

ducks
06-20-2005, 07:39 PM
have you had your eyes checked in the last year?

exstatic
06-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Opinions are like assholes...you are one.

ABDENOUR POWER
06-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Yes, the correct call was made.

BTW, how about that non-call on Rip Hamilton using his a vicious elbow to clear space in the lane on Tony Parker.

I agree with you, that was an offensive foul. However, that no call had no impact on the game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
1. Rasheed called a timeout with time left on the clock

2. Rip lead with his elbow on his last shot, gave Tony a nice upper cut, and should have been called for the offensive foul.

Have a nice day.

ducks
rip looks like he is inside the circle

ABDENOUR POWER
06-20-2005, 07:42 PM

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I don't think that I've said anything to make me be an "asshole", all I've done is respectfully voiced my opinion.

SenorSpur
06-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Whatever. As they say, I guess it all evens out in the end, huh?

Would you care for a special brand of cheese to go along with your WHINE?

T Park
06-20-2005, 07:43 PM
all I've done is respectfully voiced my opinion

all youve done is made yourself look like a dumbass.

nkdlunch
06-20-2005, 07:44 PM
I agree with you, that was an offensive foul. However, that no call had no impact on the game.

change the thread title to "no-call on horry = no-call on Hamilton"

if the ball had gone in, it would have had an impact. :)

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2005, 07:45 PM
LOL!!!! what a douchebag, he says this stuff on our board when they even have a snap shot of rip hamilton leaning back BEFORE horry even comes into contact with him

LOL

CaptainHook
06-20-2005, 07:46 PM
hey ABDENOUR POWER, YOU LOST GET OVER IT!

ABDENOUR POWER
06-20-2005, 07:48 PM
change the thread title to "no-call on horry = no-call on Hamilton"

if the ball had gone in, it would have had an impact. :)

Lol, true, it would have had an impact. But Rip blew it, so its kinda beside the point. It didn't change anything.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2005, 07:49 PM
"GIANT DOUCHE"
--Kyle

ducks
06-20-2005, 07:50 PM
yes it did
it changed the fact that tp got hurt by the elbow he threw

also now rip thinks he can do that all the time :rolleyes :rolleyes

duncan_21
06-20-2005, 07:50 PM
abden needs some new glasses.

nkdlunch
06-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Piston fans have officially lost it.

ABDENOUR POWER
06-20-2005, 07:51 PM
yes it did
it changed the fact that tp got hurt by the elbow he threw

also know rip thinks he can do that all the time :rolleyes :rolleyes

Hes hurt? Thats news to me...

ducks
06-20-2005, 07:53 PM
spurs keep their injuries quiet they do not want pistons to find out

ABDENOUR POWER
06-20-2005, 07:53 PM
have you had your eyes checked in the last year?

Haha

As a matter of fact, I got my eyes checked just today.

CubanMustGo
06-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Haha

As a matter of fact, I got my eyes checked just today.

Then get your knowledge of the basketball rulebook checked. You don't draw a charge by backing out of the way of a player before taking a dive.

midgetonadonkey
06-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Rip was falling back before Horry even touched him. He had flop on his mind the whole time.

LilMissSPURfect
"this is how a heart breaks!"

ABDENOUR POWER
Then get your knowledge of the basketball rulebook checked. You don't draw a charge by backing out of the way of a player before taking a dive.

I see what your saying. The more i see it the more I am agreeing with you. I'm not completely giving up though. Does anyone have a different camera angle?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Dude go to a newspaper site, they have a bunch of pictures. Theres a picture out there with rip falling back before horry even comes into contact with him.

owNeDDDD

ABDENOUR POWER
06-20-2005, 08:04 PM
You got a link?

Gatita
06-20-2005, 08:05 PM
:stfu already. You've been :owned

ShoogarBear
06-20-2005, 08:06 PM
The dude is willing to admit that he may be wrong. This is only the 3rd time in the history of the Internet that has ever happened. Show some class, folks.

DDS4
06-20-2005, 08:17 PM
First of all, I want to congradulate your team on a well played game. Horry made some killer shots and Detroit couldn't, and I know that many calls went the pistons way. However...

I think that the play where Horry drove to the hoop for the slam decided the game. He charged to the hoop straight through Rip Hamilton and threw it down. Instead of being called the charge that it really was, it was called a blocking foul on Rip. The Pistons were up four at the time and would have gotten the ball back with a chance to build on the lead and Horry would have fouled out. You guys know as well as I do that without Horry Detroit would have won. Instead of this happening, the lead was cut down to 2 and Horry was left in the game.

Once again, I know that the Pistons got some calls in their favor down the stretch, but none of them had near this big of an impact on the game. I am left with a bitter taste in my mouth after this game because I think the outcome may have been different if the correct call was made. :depressed

Look. Bottom line? If there's one thing Detroit players and fans alike can learn from the Spurs, it's to stop complaining time and time again about the officiating. If your team was good enough, they would find a way to play through calls that don't go your way.

Have you heard one bit from the Spurs organization all playoffs about the officiating? Nope.

This game was called about as favorably as fans on both teams can expect in a Piston home game. You guys got the majority of the calls.

Even on this play, Rip was sliding left and his foot was on the restricted area line. 2 strikes. That doesn't look like establishing defensive position to me. That's a blocking foul.

How about Chauncey's supposed "shooting foul" by Duncan to give the Pistons a 4 point lead in overtime? That call was atrocious. Chauncey lost possession of the ball going into the lane.

Leetonidas
06-20-2005, 08:20 PM

Just about every blocking foul called on San Antonio was a charge on the Pistons, and they were in Detroit so STFU.

baseline bum
06-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Game over if they make the call on Rasheed Webber.

spurster
06-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Rip was outside the circle, but he was stepping out just as Horry picked up his dribble, and Rip was still moving and also falling backward when Horry got there.

sickdsm
06-20-2005, 08:49 PM
I didn't get a good look. They showed one replay, from the actual footage it looked like it was clearly a charge. Then the replay made me think maybe but it wasn't sure. I never rechecked the rule books but it did look to me like his feet were set, i didn't think there has to be a time limit before but maybe there is. Not sure about the falling back either. He was clearly leaning back but it wasn't like he was falling. I was VERY pissed off that they not only didn't play it from different angles NOR they talked about what was a very important call. It made me think of the last time theres been a controversial call late in a big game how come they don't go over it like football does? Instead i see footage of horry holding his shoulder. Show me angle after angle, in slow mo. Or don't they do that for fear of the fans maybe knowing that the worst officials in all of sports may have blown a call from time to time?

The play is mute however. How the hell do you let an old fart like Horry drive from '25 out to throw down viciously on you? He probably couldn't have even got up that high without boosting himself off of Rip with his right arm.

sickdsm
06-20-2005, 08:49 PM
As for the injury to parker, it probably has more to do with this year he actually has an excuse for not being consistant.

Brandon361
06-20-2005, 08:55 PM
and how there was so many times that a charge should have been called on the pistons but where fouls the reffs were just callin it even

sickdsm
06-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Welcome to NBA basketball.

Why is homecourt such an advantage?

Why does damn near every fan point the finger at injustice in the whistle?

I would LOVE to see the winning percantage of the home team in the regular season for past years.

maxpower
06-20-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm sorry that you feel that way. I don't think that I've said anything to make me be an "asshole", all I've done is respectfully voiced my opinion.

Don't pay no mind to the ones who can only reply with unnecessary name calling.

Especially the numbnut fairweather fans.

While I disagree with your view, I appreciate you coming in without resorting to namecalling. Hamilton was moving. To top it off he fell away before full contact.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-20-2005, 09:00 PM
It's a damn conspiracy!!

picnroll
06-20-2005, 09:08 PM
I'm sorry, but that video doesn't change my mind. I think thats a charge.
The reason Rip is bailing out to the left is because he knows he hasn't established position and he's trying to get out of there so he doesn't get called for the block but he clips Horry so it's an and one.

midgetonadonkey
06-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Rip would've been better off trying to block that.

Marklar MM
06-20-2005, 09:13 PM
The reason Rip is bailing out to the left is because he knows he hasn't established position and he's trying to get out of there so he doesn't get called for the block but he clips Horry so it's an and one.

It is because Rip doesn't ever want to get hit...not because he is out of position. I have yet to ever see him take a charge, although he may have once.

SPARKY
06-20-2005, 09:16 PM
It's a foul because Hamilton was not set. A replay clearly shows that Hamilton left his feet as Horry was going to the rim. If Hamilton had managed to keep his feet set and square up his body he might've gotten the call. But he didn't and thus was impeding the progress of the offensive player to the basket.

The correct call was made.

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Rip was still moving and had started flopping before contact was made.
Correct call was made.
thats it.

now can we all STFU???

ShoogarBear
06-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Hamilton was actually up on his toes.

I contend it is impossible for anybody to be set on his toes.

timvp
06-20-2005, 09:28 PM
http://s116937048.onlinehome.us/horryJAM.gif

Just look at this angle. It's all you have to see. Rip was never set -- he was on his toes, that doesn't count for being set.

Easy call. Not even close, really.

Rummpd
06-20-2005, 10:48 PM
how about the no call on Hamilton slapping Bowen in face = should be a damm one game suspension!!!!!!

sickdsm
06-20-2005, 10:51 PM
Yeah, good clip. Like i said i only saw the one replay. First thing i usually do is look at the line, it zoomed up and i looked up after it did.

Block.

But still, on live tv and even one quick replay i need to see more during a huge play like that.

Hell, even if it was a nocall or a charge, you better show that dunk three or four times it was so nasty.

spur4life
06-20-2005, 10:56 PM

I GUESS YOU & I WATCHED DIFFERENT GAMES ON SUNDAY NIGHT...THE SPURS SHOULD BE THE ONE COMPLAINING OF BAD CALLS & NOT YOUR PISTONS...BESIDES, IF YOUR PISTONS WON THAT GAME YOU WON'T BE WHINING NOW...OR WOULD YOU?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Even without the back and to the left, no way was Rip's feet were set for long enough for that to be a charge.

Sorry.

Oh, and I don't think you're an arsehole, sorry for the abuse above.

Tek_XX
06-20-2005, 11:29 PM
It was the easiest freakin' call for Mr. Brillo hair all night long, wasn't even close for a number of reasons. The two blocks called on horry were way more questionable than this one.

SouthernFried
06-20-2005, 11:58 PM
If Hamilton wouldn't have pussied out, and really stayed in front of HORRY, and actually TRIED to take a charge...Horry would not have been able to dunk it. Hamilton slid out of his way and flopped, didn't even get enough contact with Horry to stop his long flight approach.

Rip needs to get some balls, and learn how to stay in front those big, bad basketball players.

I hear Rob's got a surplus.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-21-2005, 12:27 AM
how about the no call on Hamilton slapping Bowen in face = should be a damm one game suspension!!!!!!

From what I saw, he never hit him. He kinda did the made you flinch thing...

SpursChampsIII
06-21-2005, 12:50 AM

Sorry pal, but after watching it frame by frame on Tivo, not only was Hamilton moving...he was actually off the floor when the contact was made. Come in here with better shit than this boy.

PM5K
06-21-2005, 12:59 AM
I must have watched a different game because oddly enough some of the worst calls I saw in this game were blocking fouls on Horry, obvious charges that went in the Pistons favor down the stretch.

Mr. Body
06-21-2005, 01:43 AM
Hamilton moving his feet isn't even an issue, since he's not even between Horry and the basket, he's to the side of the play. You will never see a charge called when the defensive player can't even make it in front of the offensive player and winds up clipping his side.

I agree, this was a no-brainer, very easy call to make. There is no possible way this was a charge.

milkyway21
06-21-2005, 02:21 AM
I agree with you, that was an offensive foul. However, that no call had no impact on the game.speaking of offensive.....

i call that Pistons introduction video before the game when Ben banged the Spurs logo offensive and...

hilarious :lmao

..esp after the Spurs won game 5 in Detroit.

phyzik
06-21-2005, 03:08 AM
From what I saw, he never hit him. He kinda did the made you flinch thing...

He never did Hit him he tried the "Im a pussy so I'll try to make you flinch instead of going through with it" thing.

Bowen just smiled at him. :fro

GattoBlaster
06-21-2005, 04:14 AM
OMFG!!! The Pistons didn't get that one foul call? WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

P.S.: The call was correct...it was a blocking foul on Rip. Enjoy last year's belts you sore losers!

BigDaddyMatty
06-21-2005, 05:39 AM
get real...rip was turning his body away from the contact. what a fucking joke.

ZappaFan
06-21-2005, 07:53 AM
If Rip had just stood there he might have taken a charge, but he flopped so they didn't call it.

Kaster
06-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Come on, this is an easy call to make, clearly a defensive foul. Inside the circle, feet not properly planted, and moving to the left.

Hell, it was a flop really.

travis2
06-21-2005, 08:07 AM
Hamilton moving his feet isn't even an issue, since he's not even between Horry and the basket, he's to the side of the play. You will never see a charge called when the defensive player can't even make it in front of the offensive player and winds up clipping his side.

I agree, this was a no-brainer, very easy call to make. There is no possible way this was a charge.

Actually, the charge called against Parker in the 1st quarter fell into this category. I was really pissed about that call at the time.

But normally you are correct.

ZappaFan
06-21-2005, 08:10 AM

How very mean of you to call him an opinion!

ObiwanGinobili
06-21-2005, 08:13 AM
holy mofo ing crap.

we are STILL talkign about this???
post after post all proving the same the thing.
how many different ways can we state that the call was correct?
Is this an excersie in use of the english language??

new topic people. move it along, nothign to see here, go about your buisness.

ballhog
06-21-2005, 08:13 AM
How many blocking calls did Horry get in the game before that? They wouldn't dare call that on him after getting the short end 4-5 times during the game. They're not going to give you that call that close to the basket. You're in the pros---block the shot. Have the guts to clobber the guy.

MainEvent
06-21-2005, 08:16 AM
Rip clearly wasn't set. It was a good call.

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, so let me just say congrats Spurs on huge win. They played tough and pulled out a win when they easily could have folded and been happy with their effort in losing a close game. But they sucked it up and played like a team that's been there before. Great win and a tough, tough loss for the Pistons. A great game all around.

And Rasheed's boneheaded play is already being called the biggest blunder/fuck up in Detroit sports history. It's amazing how one little screw up can change a series so drastically. Then again, you guys had to live through 0.4, so you know what that's like.

Jimcs50
06-21-2005, 08:17 AM
Horry got ran over on a lot closer call earlier in the game, and did not get the charge. It is even steven, IMO.

sickdsm
06-21-2005, 08:35 AM
No, Rhen is way hotter then Horry.

She's no Lizzy though.

fraga
06-21-2005, 09:22 AM
That's it....LOCKED...

Sportcamper
06-21-2005, 10:02 AM
ABDENOUR POWER -I will have to agree with you on something....Spurs fans can be very very insensitive when others come here to criticize there team...

But I do have a question for you....Alls I hear from Detroit fans is how Rip is the greatest athlete in the NBA...How he runs 5 consecutive 5 minute miles a day... yada yada yada...

But when I look at the video.... Hamilton appears to be falling before any contact is made...At best the contact appears to be quite mild...I mean its almost as funny as Tony Parker decking Ben Wallace... :smokin

FromWayDowntown
06-21-2005, 10:28 AM
One thing that nobody seems to have mentioned in reaching the conclusion that it was the right call, is that Steve Javie was in perfect position to see everything he needed to and make the right call without the benefit of any replays or frame-by-frame analysis.

Javie has been vilified in San Antonio for years (and I'm not here to cheer for officials) but you have to admit that the guy did his job perfectly on a play that could be one of the most crucial plays this season. Javie also wasn't afraid to make a big call (the right call) against the home team in a huge game. Many other officials would have gone onto auto pilot and called the charge because of the building. Javie didn't.

You might hate him most of the time, but you have to give Javie a ton of credit on that play.