PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Newborn Kittens

desflood
03-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Stray cat had a couple of kittens in my yard yesterday and abandoned them. Went out to take care of the bodies this morning and discovered one was actually alive. So now of course I can't just let the damn thing die. Got it warmed up and relatively clean and managed to feed it a little cow's milk with a syringe, but there has to be something better. Petco or any place like that sell newborn animal bottles or something?

BTW, this took forever with one hand. There's a cat sleeping in the other one :lol

JudynTX
03-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Awwwwww.....yeah PetsMart has kitten formula and bottles for you to use.

Are you going to keep the damn thing? :)

mrsmaalox
03-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Walmart has all that stuff too.

My daughter rescued a newborn kitten from the jaws of a fox a few years ago, and she took excellent care of that little thing---warmth and every 3 hour feedings. It was the first cat our family ever had and we all ended up just totally falling in love with her. Best cat ever!

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Walmart will definitely be cheaper than a pet store, but if you're totally clueless on what to get then go to a pet store and ask. If you plan on keeping it then go to vet in a few weeks and get all the shots and stuff.

desflood
03-21-2012, 01:45 PM
So far, so good. I didn't think it would still be alive, but he (she, it, whatever) has managed to hold on long enough to eat twice and shit on me once. Got markings similar to its mother; mostly white, with orange on the head, tail and occasional random spot.

Kai
03-21-2012, 02:28 PM
:ttiwwp:

William Hung
03-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Keep the cat. Rescue/strays will be your best friend for life.

lebomb
03-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Toss it to the nearest fox....................

Gutter92
03-21-2012, 03:07 PM
I found a newborn kitten once, cleaned it up, kept it for about a week but I realized I wasn't gonna be able to keep it forever (my dog wasn't very friendly to it - bit off its left paw), and my snake was hungry so yea...

I do like cats, though.

2pac > Kobe
03-21-2012, 03:25 PM
I found a newborn kitten once, cleaned it up, kept it for about a week but I realized I wasn't gonna be able to keep it forever (my dog wasn't very friendly to it - bit off its left paw), and my snake was hungry so yea...

I do like cats, though.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

rip