PDA

View Full Version : Where does Tebow end up going?

manufan10
03-21-2012, 11:44 AM
According to Michael Lombardi, the Rams are now interested in acquiring Tim Tebow, along with the rumors of Jacksonville, Miami, NE, GB, and the Jets. Where do you think Tebow will end up?

pawe
03-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Imagine Tebow running a wildcat formation.
Jets and Fins comes to mind but the Jets already made a commitment to Sanchez and they sure wont try to fuck it up so that leaves Miami.

BruceBowenFan
03-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Tebow to the jets per ESPN. And Sean Payton suspended for the year wow.

manufan10
03-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Impeccable timing on my part.. :lol

To the Jets for an unspecified (so far) pick.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7718133/new-york-jets-acquire-tim-tebow-4th-round-pick-source-says

Edit: 4th round pick
Edit 2: Also a 6th round pick

manufan10
03-21-2012, 12:08 PM
I wonder if Tebow will have the chance to compete with Sanchez for the starting spot, or if they're just going to use Tebow for the Wildcat and other gimmicky offensive plays.

BruceBowenFan
03-21-2012, 12:10 PM
I say more than likely the wildcat but if Sanchez starts stinking it up wouldn't be surprised if we start hearing the tebow chants for him to start.

JudynTX
03-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Tebow to the jets per ESPN. And Sean Payton suspended for the year wow.

:tu I'm happy.

HarlemHeat37
03-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Tebow will have a legit shot at winning the starting QB spot..

I appreciate what Tebow did for my team, unlike half the Broncos fanbase, so it sucks to see him going to the Jets..they have arguably the worst fanbase in sports, and most of them are blindly dedicated to Mark Sanchez's scrubby ass..

Tebow will have to play like a 2nd tier QB to get the support from their fanbase, tbh..

The media hype is going to be insane:lol..

Sanchez is going to fold, though, tbh..

clambake
03-21-2012, 12:20 PM
its not about football anymore. tebow is being sent to that godless village known as NYC.

he is there to battle evil.

HarlemHeat37
03-21-2012, 12:24 PM
:lol Jets fans already having a meltdown, because Sanchez can't handle competition..

I'm being serious, btw, they're all concerned about the pressure that will be on Sanchez..

crc21209
03-21-2012, 12:24 PM
New York is now officially the most overhyped city with A-Rod (Yankees), Lin (Knicks), and Tebow (Jets). Damn...:lol

JudynTX
03-21-2012, 12:25 PM
New York is now officially the most overhyped city with A-Rod (Yankees), Lin (Knicks), and Tebow (Jets). Damn...:lol

:lol NYC won't put up with that Tebowing shit either.

Fabbs
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Denver that confident Manning will stand up?
Or they just think Tebow is not the future, with or without Manning?

manufan10
03-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Some good quotes from the ESPN comments:

"Sanchez is too soft to deal with this"

"Tim Tebow might not be able to throw, but he has greeeatttt footwork."

-Rex Ryan

JMarkJohns
03-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Only battle I care to see is what wins between Tebow's do-good spirit and Ryan's epic potty mouth!

LET'S GO GET SOME GOD-BLESSED SNACKS!

DAF86
03-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Psst, I would have rather have him as a Manning backup than a Sanchez buckup.

Magua
03-21-2012, 01:00 PM
theganggreen.com is the best forum for entertainment. Those n1ggas get mad:lol

manufan10
03-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Only battle I care to see is what wins between Tebow's do-good spirit and Ryan's epic potty mouth!

LET'S GO GET SOME GOD-BLESSED SNACKS!

Time to get Hard Knocks to get the Jets training camp again. :lol

pawe
03-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Why would the jets fuck this up by putting enormous pressure on a QB they just spent money on?

Magua
03-21-2012, 01:04 PM
btw, gotta love how schizo the Jets FO is...not only do they give Sanchez a monster contract to assuage his fragile psyche, they turn right around and trade for Mr. QB Controversy.

They also brought back team cancer Santonio Holmes.

The Bills legitimately have a shot at 2nd place with the way the Jets and Dolphins are heading:lol

HarlemHeat37
03-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Tebow could have never remained in Denver..

It was evident that Elway never wanted him..

He won't be a backup in NY for long, Sanchez will succumb to the pressure, like Orton did..

manufan10
03-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Adam Schefter is reporting that there's a hangup in the language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify the trade. If the trade to the Jets falls apart, St. Louis might come into play.

RaZon
03-21-2012, 02:28 PM
The Jets are a joke. Rex Ryan a clown. How in the hell can the powers that be not understand what's really going on there? Sanchez is struggling, Tebow is a novelty act. With a clown as a coach.

Huge mistake bringing in Tebow.

But, I don't like Ryan so..BRAVO!

manufan10
03-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Adam Schefter is reporting that there's a hangup in the language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify the trade. If the trade to the Jets falls apart, St. Louis might come into play.

"Tim Tebow has $5 million worth of recapture language, meaning Jets would have to pay back the money to Denver. Jets might be unwilling." - Adam Schefter

Edit: Here's a link to the new report:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/jets-trade-for-tebow-hits-a-snag-could-be-voided-rams-may-get-him/

DJ Mbenga
03-21-2012, 02:47 PM
the plot thickens

LnGrrrR
03-21-2012, 04:14 PM
My question is, what would the Broncos get back for him? If they could pull a 1st rnd pick, the trade would be worth it.

Spurtacus
03-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Jaguars would be stupid to not get Tebow. Even if he is shit for the next five years he will sell out each home game and so much more.

manufan10
03-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Michael Lombardi ‏ @michaelombardi
But this is not fake. Im am hearing the Jags are close to making this happen.

(Tebow to Jacksonville)

JMarkJohns
03-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Jags should offer Gabbert for Tebow and a 2nd. Gabbert learns behind Manning for a few years, and Tebow starts for Jacksonville and the Jags gain an additional early pick to surround him with a good offensive line/weapons.

Spurtacus
03-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Jags should offer Gabbert for Tebow and a 2nd. Gabbert learns behind Manning for a few years, and Tebow starts for Jacksonville and the Jags gain an additional early pick to surround him with a good offensive line/weapons.

No way Broncos give up a 2nd rounder for Gabbert. Gabbert or Henne could certainly be dealt though and if I was the Broncos I would put a young QB behind Peyton to develop.

manufan10
03-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Tim Tebow is being allowed to pick the team he wants to go to. He picks the trade. Jets or Jacksonville.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-21-2012, 07:32 PM
He should go to Jax, no doubt about it. He's already a hero in Northern Florida, and Jacksonville might actually sell some upper-level tickets for once. They have a good young defense and arguably the best RB in the game--MJD led the league in rushing despite having the worst starting QB and facing 8 and 9 man fronts every down. They don't have any receivers, but then again he doesn't really throw that much. Perfect fit.

The Jets' situation is completely fucked--that team is going to tear itself apart this year at the first sign of trouble.

Spurtacus
03-21-2012, 07:36 PM
He should go to Jax, no doubt about it. He's already a hero in Northern Florida, and Jacksonville might actually sell some upper-level tickets for once. They have a good young defense and arguably the best RB in the game--MJD led the league in rushing despite having the worst starting QB and facing 8 and 9 man fronts every down. They don't have any receivers, but then again he doesn't really throw that much. Perfect fit.

The Jets' situation is completely fucked--that team is going to tear itself apart this year at the first sign of trouble.

Exactly why Jets wanted him...change the culture. But I agree Jax is a better fit.

manufan10
03-21-2012, 07:39 PM

No more putting tarps up and blocking parts of the stadium.. :lol

manufan10
03-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Adam Schefter
‏ @AdamSchefter

Denver has agreed to trade Tim Tebow and a seventh-round pick to the Jets for the NY's fourth-round pick and a sixth-round pick.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-21-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching the New York Jets this season. I hope to God they have a start like Philly did last year.

Trainwreck2100
03-21-2012, 09:11 PM
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k598/Hotwire_Customs/535455_10150784343418465_1294466984.jpg

TIMMYtoZO
03-21-2012, 11:02 PM
:lmao:lmao@ the Jets. What a sorry ass franchise.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-21-2012, 11:08 PM
:lmao:lmao@ the Jets. What a sorry ass franchise.

:lolThey're destined to be the Giants' little brother forever

Pelicans78
03-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Tebow ends up going to hell.

RGMCSE
03-22-2012, 11:15 PM
I know this is after the fact but Thank goodness the jets were dumb enough to make this trade. Imho, Jaguars owner Shahid Khan put his foot in his mouth a few months ago when reporters asked him if he would've drafted tebunk. Khan said yes he would have.

Now this whole Manning scenario happens and Tebow becomes available. I think that Shahid Khan was saving face and fronting like they wanted tebow, but weren't really trying. It was merely an atempt to appease the "tobowites".

Some misnomers that I would like to clarify. Getting Tebow in Jville may have sold some tickets but not much. Not enough to take off those tarps. You need to remember that the capacity of that stadium is right around 77000. Currently with the tarps the blackout number is around 55000 per game. If you take off the tarps you need to sell atleast 68000 just to lift the blackout. Sorry but maybe getting tebow would have solved the ticket issue a few games but not long term. The issue is not totally a lack of ticket sells. Its the size of the stadium. It's too damn big. Everbank field was originally the "Gator Bowl". When this stadium was rebuilt for the Jaguars the city required that the stadium would be able to seat enough fans for the annual Georgia/Florida game. For that game they add an additional 12000 bench seats to make the capacity somewhere around 90000 in attendance. This is why the stadium is that size. Sorry but any small market team is gonna have trouble selling an average of 68000 tickets every game just to lift the blackout. Thats why the tarps were placed over some 10000 seats to lower the blackout number.

So this idea that Tebow would have solved the Jaguars ticket issues is bogus. First of all the tarps are not permanent but they are long term. Meaning that the Jaguars dont struggle on a week to week basis weather to remove the tarps or not. Esentially there really isnt a ticket selling "issue" The Jaguars did not have one blackout last year. The tarps are there to keep the blackout number lower and more manageable. In the fututre if the jags start having sustained success then the organisation can make the decision to remove the tarps. However once you do that the blackout number rises due to the rising capacity of seats.

I used to be a Jaguars season ticket holder for 3 years and three years prior to that I would purchase 3 game packs. So I know what kind of fan base is there. I've flown to Jville to catch a game since moving back to SA and noticed that the fan base is becoming younger which is a good sign. It means all the kids that were growing up with the Jags since the inception of the franchise have now become STH's. The problem is that the college football fan in Jacksonville is mammoth. They are exactly that Gator fans. They scream when the Jaguars don't draft gators. When the Jags do draft gators they say we didn't draft the right ones. Then they bitch that the Jags don't draft enough SEC players. In other word nothing is ever good enough. They've promised that if we get this Gator or that Gator they would buy tickets. Yet it doesn't happen. I don't trust these fans and they are not true Jaguars fans. So when I here people or media saying that getting tebow would solve the Jaguars ticket issues, it's maddening and yet funny. It's a circus and it would get way worse that it ever was in Denver. I'm so freaking happy tebow is a Jet.

FkLA
03-23-2012, 05:00 AM
I know this is after the fact but Thank goodness the jets were dumb enough to make this trade. Imho, Jaguars owner Shahid Khan put his foot in his mouth a few months ago when reporters asked him if he would've drafted tebunk. Khan said yes he would have.

Now this whole Manning scenario happens and Tebow becomes available. I think that Shahid Khan was saving face and fronting like they wanted tebow, but weren't really trying. It was merely an atempt to appease the "tobowites".

Some misnomers that I would like to clarify. Getting Tebow in Jville may have sold some tickets but not much. Not enough to take off those tarps. You need to remember that the capacity of that stadium is right around 77000. Currently with the tarps the blackout number is around 55000 per game. If you take off the tarps you need to sell atleast 68000 just to lift the blackout. Sorry but maybe getting tebow would have solved the ticket issue a few games but not long term. The issue is not totally a lack of ticket sells. Its the size of the stadium. It's too damn big. Everbank field was originally the "Gator Bowl". When this stadium was rebuilt for the Jaguars the city required that the stadium would be able to seat enough fans for the annual Georgia/Florida game. For that game they add an additional 12000 bench seats to make the capacity somewhere around 90000 in attendance. This is why the stadium is that size. Sorry but any small market team is gonna have trouble selling an average of 68000 tickets every game just to lift the blackout. Thats why the tarps were placed over some 10000 seats to lower the blackout number.

So this idea that Tebow would have solved the Jaguars ticket issues is bogus. First of all the tarps are not permanent but they are long term. Meaning that the Jaguars dont struggle on a week to week basis weather to remove the tarps or not. Esentially there really isnt a ticket selling "issue" The Jaguars did not have one blackout last year. The tarps are there to keep the blackout number lower and more manageable. In the fututre if the jags start having sustained success then the organisation can make the decision to remove the tarps. However once you do that the blackout number rises due to the rising capacity of seats.

I used to be a Jaguars season ticket holder for 3 years and three years prior to that I would purchase 3 game packs. So I know what kind of fan base is there. I've flown to Jville to catch a game since moving back to SA and noticed that the fan base is becoming younger which is a good sign. It means all the kids that were growing up with the Jags since the inception of the franchise have now become STH's. The problem is that the college football fan in Jacksonville is mammoth. They are exactly that Gator fans. They scream when the Jaguars don't draft gators. When the Jags do draft gators they say we didn't draft the right ones. Then they bitch that the Jags don't draft enough SEC players. In other word nothing is ever good enough. They've promised that if we get this Gator or that Gator they would buy tickets. Yet it doesn't happen. I don't trust these fans and they are not true Jaguars fans. So when I here people or media saying that getting tebow would solve the Jaguars ticket issues, it's maddening and yet funny. It's a circus and it would get way worse that it ever was in Denver. I'm so freaking happy tebow is a Jet.

Youre retarded. Tebow isnt just any Gator, hes a God down there. He may not be a very good QB but as far as drawing crowds not many players can compete with him.

Fabbs
03-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Youre retarded. Tebow isnt just any Gator, hes a God down there. He may not be a very good QB but as far as drawing crowds not many players can compete with him.
Jets trade Tebow to Jags?

RGMCSE
03-23-2012, 02:35 PM

The thing is that I've been there and seen it first hand. These Gator fans are all talk. They dont support shit but college football. Do you remember a college QB named Matt Jones? When the Jags drafted that coke head in the first round at WR the whole fucking state of Arkansas was claiming this guy to be a god a beast and would sell tickets due to the SEC and Arkansas faithful. It never happened.

I'll agree with you that Tebow is not just another gator but it would only be a matter of time before the gator faithful showed their true colors. Tebow in Jacksonville would never work because any failure would be unbearable and unacceptable and the team would be responsible not Tebows shitty QB play. Do you understand? The Gator fans are all talk and or not for the Jaguars they are only for tebow. So how the fuck does that benefit the Jaguars? A shitty QB with unbearable idiot fans???

DMC
03-25-2012, 12:57 AM
What a shitty world we live in when people want a team to buy a shitty player just because he's popular. I realize it's a business first and foremost, but why shelve your chances at winning? Who the fuck wants to play on a team that doesn't give a shit about winning (except Kevin Love)?