PDA

View Full Version : Boris Diaw will be bought out

endrity
03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7717314/boris-diaw-charlotte-bobcats-agree-contract-buyout-coach-says

I think he could actually make quite a difference for a contender. Something like a 3rd or 4th option on a good team suits him really well.

DAF86
03-21-2012, 02:37 PM
The Spurs will get him.

Robz4000
03-21-2012, 02:40 PM
He's gonna get claimed by someone just to keep him away from the Spurs.

Magua
03-21-2012, 02:44 PM
:lolBoris Diaw is not the last piece to anyone's championship puzzle

hater
03-21-2012, 02:45 PM

:lmao Spursfan already hypin him like he's the next coming of Robert Horry

already calling "best passing lineup ever" :lmao

rayjayjohnson
03-21-2012, 02:46 PM
He should join up with Bynum and Shannon Brown to start the Kansas City Bitchtits

Robz4000
03-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Not even close, but considering who the Spurs have right now, he'd be an upgrade.

Stalin
03-21-2012, 02:56 PM
let the spurfan boris diaw circle jerk begin

hater
03-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Not even close, but considering who the Spurs have right now, he'd be an upgrade.

really? Bonner has been solid and Blair is as inconsistent as Diaw most of his career. And both are better rebounders.

I just don't get the hype tbh. I understand the Jax hype, even the Sessions hype. But fucking Boris Diaw??? :downspin:

jag
03-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Ramon Sessions is to Derek Fisher's old ass what Boris Diaw would be to Dejaun Blair's fat ass.

jag
03-21-2012, 03:17 PM
...a big upgrade. NIGGAS

Cry Havoc
03-21-2012, 03:22 PM
really? Bonner has been solid and Blair is as inconsistent as Diaw most of his career. And both are better rebounders.

I just don't get the hype tbh. I understand the Jax hype, even the Sessions hype. But fucking Boris Diaw??? :downspin:

Co-signed. Diaw is, at best, another body in the paint. Nothing more. We already have a bunch of guys who are "playing" the 4/5 and aren't really designed for that. Diaw's ceiling might be slightly higher but you have to scrape him off the floor when he has bad games. Last thing the Spurs need, unless it's just to give our other bigs a rest.

Cry Havoc
03-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Ramon Sessions is to Derek Fisher's old ass what Boris Diaw would be to Dejaun Blair's fat ass.

5 rebounds per game in 27+ minutes this year, with 41% on FGs. Not an upgrade from Blair, esp. since Dejuan has the ability to go off against good opponents.

DAF86
03-21-2012, 03:27 PM
9vnL0CkKlY8

jag
03-21-2012, 03:30 PM
5 rebounds per game in 27+ minutes this year, with 41% on FGs. Not an upgrade from Blair, esp. since Dejuan has the ability to go off against good opponents.

I'd love to go back and forth with you to show you how Diaw is a better player than Blair. But I really don't care enough. Carry on...

DisAsTerBot
03-21-2012, 03:31 PM

agreed. although, if we pick him up and he contributes, awesome. But the hype upstairs is ridiculous.

crc21209
03-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Diaw > Bonner + Blair. Enough said...

jag
03-21-2012, 03:33 PM
He's not even that good.. but he's better than Blair. Especially considering what the Spurs actually need from someone who'll be paired with Duncan.

jag
03-21-2012, 03:36 PM
Here's what some Bobcat fans think of Diaw:

this (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1092123)

jag
03-21-2012, 03:39 PM
+ Ballhandling combo forward held back by increasingly poor conditioning.

+ Sees floor well but often eschews easy shots to make pass. Midrange shooter.

+ Good defensive player. Strong and moves feet well. Subpar rebounder.

Whoever wrote that French people don't get fat clearly never went to a Bobcats game. Although Diaw's conditioning has had surprisingly little effect on his game, he's clearly been living large of late. It hasn't affected his hunger for passing, however, as he led all power forwards in Pure Point Rating and assist ratio.

Diaw eats up small defenders on the left block, where he has a nice right-handed jump hook shot, but the hard part is persuading him to shoot. He averaged just 13.3 points per 40 minutes, even though he's become a decent mid-range shooter that hit 44.6 percent of his long 2s last season and shot 34.5 percent on 3s. He chews up most big men off the dribble, too, with his superior ballhandling skills, but in spite of all that he finished below the league average for power forwards in usage rate.

His rebounding famine is another problem. While Diaw has advantages in most respects at the power forward spot, he rebounds like a wing. His conditioning is part of the issue, plus he's not a leaper and he's a bit undersized. He was second-to-last among power forwards in rebound rate at a pathetic 9.0.

Defensively, Diaw once digested opposing power forwards with ease but increasingly burps up scoring chances. He makes up for being a bit short by having superior strength, which helps his post defense, but his conditioning has slowed him a bit in help defense and he provides nothing on the boards. His defensive numbers had been very strong earlier in this career, but last season they were quite ordinary across the board.

All told, it's tough to swallow the idea that Diaw can remain a starter for long. His PER remains below the league average and he's not providing enough defense to compensate. Relegating him to sixth man while promoting Tyrus Thomas is an idea the Bobcats should chew on.

Ok, I'm done.

Robz4000
03-21-2012, 03:44 PM

If he's worse, he won't play, and they can go back to what they have now. Considering his past success, both in the regular season and playoffs, it's a worthwhile gambit considering there really isn't anyone else out there.

DisAsTerBot
03-21-2012, 03:47 PM
If he's worse, he won't play, and they can go back to what they have now. Considering his past success, both in the regular season and playoffs, it's a worthwhile gambit considering there really isn't anyone else out there.

what if he's worse and he still plays?

you know, bonner over splitter...

Robz4000
03-21-2012, 03:49 PM

If Pop makes the same bad decisions, then the team was never gonna make it far enough to begin with, much like last season.

jag

Is this your way of saying "Oh, No! What if someone steals Blair's minutes?"

Scrub
Upgrade for the Spurs tbh.

jag
03-21-2012, 03:51 PM
I really hope the Spurs don't sign someone to steal our 6'5" center's minutes...

What?

DisAsTerBot
03-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Is this your way of saying "Oh, No! What if someone steals Blair's minutes?"

no, it's my way of saying: The worst case scenario is he eats minutes and doesn't add to the wins. Adding someone to the team isn't an automatic positive. Especially someone who's had questionable motivation for most of 9 nba seasons

jag
03-21-2012, 04:01 PM
no, it's my way of saying: The worst case scenario is he eats minutes and doesn't add to the wins. Adding someone to the team isn't an automatic positive. Especially someone who's had questionable motivation for most of 9 nba seasons

Solid reasoning. It's better to not even try out another player without losing the option of going back to the previous player.

DAF86
03-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Why are the Spurfans creaming over Diaw?

'Cause he would be an improvement over Blair and our team doesn't suck like yours.

DisAsTerBot
03-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Solid reasoning. It's better to not even try out another player without losing the option of going back to the previous player.

yeah, that's what i said. Not trying to look at it from different angles or anything just creaming myslef with the others..../blue font

Cry Havoc
03-21-2012, 04:06 PM

That's highly dependent on what it costs to "try" him. Do you think he'd really sign a 10 day? I'm not going to lock him up with any kind of decent contract and then not have money for a guy who has better potential down the road. Diaw is nearly a known quantity in complete at this point in his career.

Also, wtf @ saying Diaw is better than Bonner. Diaw shoots 26% this year from 3 and routinely takes 3+ shots from beyond. That's the guy you want on the floor for us?

slick'81
03-21-2012, 04:07 PM
yeah i mean why try and improve the team blair/bonner is fine

Cry Havoc
03-21-2012, 04:09 PM
yeah i mean why try and improve the team blair/bonner is fine

A lateral move (at best) does not equate to improvement. Maybe he'll prove everyone wrong, provided the Spurs even land him. But I have seen nothing in his game that we don't get in more efficient minutes from Blair and Bonner.

We need a REAL post player. Not some guy that gets stuck down low because his skillset is unfit for other areas on the court. 235 pounds means he's just waiting to get pushed around in the WC playoffs.

jag
03-21-2012, 04:30 PM
A lateral move (at best) does not equate to improvement. Maybe he'll prove everyone wrong, provided the Spurs even land him. But I have seen nothing in his game that we don't get in more efficient minutes from Blair and Bonner.

We need a REAL post player. Not some guy that gets stuck down low because his skillset is unfit for other areas on the court. 235 pounds means he's just waiting to get pushed around in the WC playoffs.

ok

Trill Clinton
03-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Why are the Spurfans creaming over Diaw?

I've been asking myself the same question.

DAF86
03-21-2012, 04:36 PM
So let's talk about how it will improve yours...

Diaw is a better defensive and offensive player than Blair.

Well, that was easy.

hater
03-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Diaw is a better defensive and offensive player than Blair.

Well, that was easy.

well yeah we have blair + bonner. anybody could possibly come in and do a better job. but Diaw? long shot

DAF86
03-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Spurs sign Diaw.

Ideal rotation for the PO:

TP/Neal
Manu/Green
Leonard/Jackson
Diaw/Bonner
Duncan/Splitter

And maybe make it an 8 men rotation getting Green and Bonner out of there if they don't produce. A whole lot more "trust worthy" than what we got at the begining of the season.

z0sa
03-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Nice pickup. Not a game changer but Spurs bigs have some breathing room for once this season

Brazil
03-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Also, wtf @ saying Diaw is better than Bonner. Diaw shoots 26% this year from 3 and routinely takes 3+ shots from beyond. That's the guy you want on the floor for us?

There is a ton of things that Diaw do better than Bonner.

- Score 3s in POs
- Defend
- Attack the rim
- Dribbling
- Passing

I don't think Diaw is putting the spurs over the top but saying he is no improvement vs. Bonner is just ridiculous especially for the POs.

Hooks
03-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Mavs=FUCKED

RBWwvqw86x0

Brazil
03-23-2012, 02:06 PM
diaw is shit, lateral move

what lateral move ? We lost someone in this signing ?

DAF86
03-23-2012, 02:08 PM
The fact that we added him for nothing makes impossible for this to be a lateral move.

z0sa
03-23-2012, 02:09 PM
diaw is shit, lateral move

:lol who'd Spurs trade for him?

Brazil
03-23-2012, 02:11 PM
He got bought out by the Charlotte fucking Bobcats because he sucks.

:lol not knowing what lateral move means

lefty
03-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Good signing, but I wish he was in better shape

DAF86
03-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Jackson had shittier stats than Diaw this season and looks like joing the Spurs made him care again, maybe with Diaw happens the same.

And for the record, Boris had confrontations with Silas.

Drachen
03-23-2012, 02:20 PM
I know, and I was wrong in usage. My bad.

but Diaw is still shit and will not help the Spurs

I don't know if he will or not, but doing nothing wasn't going to help the spurs either.

Hooks
03-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Jackson had shittier stats than Diaw this season and looks like joing the Spurs made him care again, maybe with Diaw happens the same.

And for the record, Boris had confrontations with Silas.

Just the fact that he'll be playing with his best friend and french teammate will smooth his transition and make him a better player IMO.

dirkdirkastan
03-23-2012, 02:31 PM
what lateral move ? We lost someone in this signing ?

Well, eventhough the nazi troll slopped up his presentation, by all accounts, it is a lateral move. Your replacing the bulk of Blair's minutes with Diaw's. I wouldn't nessessarily call that an upgrade just yet. Defensively, both are pretty bad and offensively, other than Diaw's ability to hit the three, both can score from time to time.

It's too eary to tell whether this moves helps the Spurs at all or if it's just another big to throw on the pile.

Stalin
03-23-2012, 02:33 PM
:lol signing fatass diaw of waivers = championship
:lol newly minted jackson trade gnsf's

z0sa
03-23-2012, 03:14 PM
The problem continues to be size, especially help side. As it stands Splitter needs to become a force defensively for the Spurs to win a title.

cheguevara
03-23-2012, 03:31 PM
FakeCoachPop:

yes we just signed Diaw, his jersey # will be DD

ElNono
03-23-2012, 03:58 PM
N:lolA = F:lolcked

Brazil
03-23-2012, 04:36 PM
I know, and I was wrong in usage. My bad.

but Diaw is still shit and will not help the Spurs

I don't think he won't hurt either.

We signed him for the remaining of the season it's a no risk gamble. He is motivated by the idea to play with Tony and want to play the Olympics... it exists a possibility to see some good diaw in spurs jersey