PDA

View Full Version : Saints punishment...

sa_butta
03-21-2012, 12:26 PM
http://https://p.twimg.com/AohoH6MCEAEUOtN.png

https://twitter.com/#!/finsjesse/status/182510269992407041/photo/1

leemajors
03-21-2012, 12:26 PM
:rollin

FromWayDowntown
03-21-2012, 12:27 PM
I guess the league really isn't cool with bounties.

lefty
03-21-2012, 12:29 PM
http://https://p.twimg.com/AohoH6MCEAEUOtN.png

https://twitter.com/#!/finsjesse/status/182510269992407041/photo/1 (https://twitter.com/#%21/finsjesse/status/182510269992407041/photo/1)
We both started a thread at the same time :bang:lol

sa_butta
03-21-2012, 12:49 PM
We both started a thread at the same time :bang:lol

And I was trying to make sure not to dupe it...LOL

Magua
03-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Just the Classless Assholes getting their comeuppance, nothing to see here...

DJ Mbenga
03-21-2012, 01:17 PM
godell>katrina.
the son BR might start crying if brees decides to bolt for another team.

pawe
03-21-2012, 01:18 PM
LOL Rams

pawe
03-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Brees will really look good in cardinal red.

Bill_Brasky
03-21-2012, 01:22 PM
:lmao

manufan10
03-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Damn.. I was expecting something along the lines of what the Patriots got for Spygate.

:lol Saints

Pelicans78
03-21-2012, 01:27 PM
They shouldn't have lied to the league about it. Oh well, it is what it is.

BRHornet45
03-21-2012, 02:01 PM
sons this is a complete and utter joke. the NFL is simply just wanting to make an example out of the Saints since they got so much media attention with this "bounty" nonsense that each and every NFL team uses as well. this is nothing more than the NFL going into damage control because the media finally picked up on something that teams have been doing for decades.

BUMP
03-21-2012, 02:03 PM
sons this is a complete and utter joke. the NFL is simply just wanting to make an example out of the Saints since they got so much media attention with this "bounty" nonsense that each and every NFL team uses as well. this is nothing more than the NFL going into damage control because the media finally picked up on something that teams have been doing for decades.

shouldn't have gotten caught i saaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddddddddd d

NewcastleKEG
03-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Told you guys the Saints would get hammered. NO = On the decline

Darth_Pelican
03-21-2012, 02:14 PM

You preach the truth son. If people don't think that over half of the teams in the NFL don't take part in bounties, then they are naive. Just think how great it would be to hear the reception that Saints fans give the commish when he is presenting the Lombardi trophy if the Saints win the SuperBowl IN New Orleans this year

NewcastleKEG
03-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Shouldn't your anger be focused towards the Saints for being stupid enough to get caught then?

Trill Clinton
03-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Sucks for N.O. but Goodell had to make an example out of them. The GM is suspended 8 games? Don't know how that'll work.

manufan10
03-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Sean Payton is suspended without pay.. he's going to lose $7.5 million on top of the $500,000 fine.. damn, that's harsh!

BRHornet45
03-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Shouldn't your anger be focused towards the Saints for being stupid enough to get caught then?

not at all. aside from Gregg Williams I'm not angry at anyone on the Saints. the NFL and Roger Goodell and every single player and coach who has ever been part of the NFL has known about this type of stuff for 30+ years. its only that nowadays over the last few years the NFL has taken a lot of heat for being too rough so Goodell decided to hand down an absurd punishment to make an example and show the world they won't stand for it whenever in reality they have known about it for decades. its similar to steroids in baseball. Selig knew about that shit forever and didn't care until the media started picking up on it.

William Hung
03-21-2012, 02:33 PM
2009 NFL Superbowl Champions *

forever tarnished i seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

RaZon
03-21-2012, 02:33 PM
From all those feel good stories about how after the hurricane..... and now this:rolleyes

What were they thinking? What a bunch of idiots.

Magua
03-21-2012, 02:34 PM
not at all. aside from Gregg Williams I'm not angry at anyone on the Saints. the NFL and Roger Goodell and every single player and coach who has ever been part of the NFL has known about this type of stuff for 30+ years. its only that nowadays over the last few years the NFL has taken a lot of heat for being too rough so Goodell decided to hand down an absurd punishment to make an example and show the world they won't stand for it whenever in reality they have known about it for decades. its similar to steroids in baseball. Selig knew about that shit forever and didn't care until the media started picking up on it.

:loltrying to bunch the rest of the NFL in with those Classless Assholes
:lolcheaters
:lollucky to keep your VLT from 2009

William Hung
03-21-2012, 02:35 PM

who told you that cool story bro?

BUMP
03-21-2012, 02:36 PM
New Orleans!?!?!?! More like Western Atlantis!

Darth_Pelican
03-21-2012, 02:40 PM

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s320x320/551931_359470827431204_100001048702318_1104471_164 1656610_n.jpg

NewcastleKEG
03-21-2012, 02:41 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s320x320/551931_359470827431204_100001048702318_1104471_164 1656610_n.jpg
The ones that are stupid enough to get caught, yes

William Hung
03-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Old rule of any sport - It's not cheating unless you get caught

Magua
03-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Old rule of any sport - It's not cheating unless you get caught

Bingo.

If the Saints hadn't made it so obvious they'd still be in good shape

DJ Mbenga
03-21-2012, 02:48 PM
lol now shockey is getting killed on twitter. warren sapp has killed his reputation

Darth_Pelican
03-21-2012, 02:50 PM
So are no players going to be fined or suspended? Or is that yet to come? Anyone know?

BRHornet45
03-21-2012, 02:50 PM
From all those feel good stories about how after the hurricane..... and now this:rolleyes

What were they thinking? What a bunch of idiots.

son the "feel good stories" were all media created bullshit. no one in or around New Orleans who were actually EARNING A LIVING gave two shits about all of that pity crap.

manufan10
03-21-2012, 02:51 PM
So are no players going to be fined or suspended? Or is that yet to come? Anyone know?

Read that the punishment for players will come later.

Darth_Pelican
03-21-2012, 02:52 PM

Well, fuck.

Magua
03-21-2012, 02:53 PM

:lolChristmas has come early for Magua

BRHornet45
03-21-2012, 02:54 PM
lol now shockey is getting killed on twitter. warren sapp has killed his reputation

well son lets see if Sapp's hypocritical ass will respond to this ...

http://i41.tinypic.com/xpy98j.jpg

RaZon
03-21-2012, 03:22 PM
son the "feel good stories" were all media created bullshit. no one in or around New Orleans who were actually EARNING A LIVING gave two shits about all of that pity crap.

Cool the "son" bit...ok? Who said anything about media created or not? Were there feel good stories or not? Yes there were.

LnGrrrR
03-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Holy fuck, just read this story. That's a crazy punishment. Just Goodell power-tripping as usual.

LnGrrrR
03-21-2012, 03:55 PM

True words son, god bless

Sense
03-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Idk about you guys, but I agree with the punishment.. even if Peyton had no idea that shit was going on.. he's still responsible, and even then it would be ridiculous to think he didn't know about it.

Don't give me this whole "This shit has been happening for years", or "fuck Goodell!" bs, whatever the punishment is the Saints fucked up, end of story.. you get what you get.

Spurtacus
03-21-2012, 04:58 PM
:lmao who dat nation

Saints violated multiple rules then got caught lying and trying to covering up. Lucky their Super Bowl title isn't stripped from them.

Pelicans78
03-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Drew Brees is way more important than Sean Payton will ever be. The offense will be fine with Carmichael calling the plays like he did most of last season.

Payton was a shady guy to be honest. First the Vicodin scandal, then allowing this to happen. I'll give him credit for the onside kick in the Super Bowl because I'm not sure the Saints win without that play.

But Brees is the biggest reason for the success. Hands down.

Even Gregg Williams contributions were overrated. The biggest reasons for the Saints improvement in 2009 were Jabari Greer, a healthy Tracy Porter, and Darren Sharper. Williams sucked after 2009 especially in the last two playoff losses. He called an abysmal game allowing a 7-9 team to score 41 points, then allowing a scrub like Alex Smith going 67 yards in 40 seconds by blitzing and playing Vernon Davis one-on-one. Any monkey would have realized that Smith was really good against the blitz and would have played zone late in the game when Smith struggled against a zone defense. Williams definitely cost this team a Super Bowl this season with his ridiculous play-calling as they would have been favorites at home against the Giants and in the Super Bowl.

But in the end, Payton and the GM are most responsible for allowing Williams to run his bounty system and for keeping his sorry ass after the playoff loss at Seattle.

Fuck Sean Payton. Wouldn't lose sleep if his ass never coached for the Saints again. Sign Brees, let Spags improve the defense, and let's make another run happen. Fuck the 2nd round picks. Most of the Saints best picks were drafted in the 2nd day of the draft.

Huey Freeman
03-21-2012, 06:30 PM
:lmao They haven't even handed out the player suspensions yet.

manufan10
03-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Players being disciplined will come later:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/goodell-will-discipline-saints-players-later/

Vici
03-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Word is the issue with the bounty was bad, but Goddell and the NFL in general were raging that the Saints tried to lie to them about it. That's why the punishment is so insane.

Still hilarious though. Best off season ever.

tlongII
03-21-2012, 08:23 PM
The punishment was well deserved imo. I guarantee that no other teams were offering bounties for injuring opponents during the last few years. The emphasis on player safety has been too great. I'm sure it was relatively common place in the past, but certainly not during the last few years.

MannyIsGod
03-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaamn

NewcastleKEG
03-21-2012, 08:43 PM
You can't have bounties in the game of football because it is too easy to take a player out. If this sort of stuff was allowed then you'd have Owners of teams kicking down thousands of dollars to knock Quarterbacks out. The QB position is just too important in this sport

Financial gain from victory > Financial lose for dirty hit

And that's the whole issue here. You would have no QB's finishing the season

I thought the Steelers paid guys like Harrison off for years. Remember his dirty hit on Colt McCoy this year? The hit won the Steelers the game. As the Owner I cut a check to Harrison and thank him. Remember the Vikings/Saints game? So many dirty hits on Favre but it didn't matter because ultimately hurting him won the game & bonus for making the Super Bowl was earned.

Pelicans78
03-21-2012, 08:51 PM
You can't have bounties in the game of football because it is too easy to take a player out. If this sort of stuff was allowed then you'd have Owners of teams kicking down thousands of dollars to knock Quarterbacks out. The QB position is just too important in this sport

Financial gain from victory > Financial lose for dirty hit

And that's the whole issue here. You would have no QB's finishing the season

I thought the Steelers paid guys like Harrison off for years. Remember his dirty hit on Colt McCoy this year? The hit won the Steelers the game. As the Owner I cut a check to Harrison and thank him. Remember the Vikings/Saints game? So many dirty hits on Favre but it didn't matter because ultimately hurting him won the game & bonus for making the Super Bowl was earned.

All those personal fouls on the Saints kept drives alive for the Vikings which led to touchdowns. Those personal fouls were stupid mistakes.

NewcastleKEG
03-21-2012, 08:54 PM
All those personal fouls on the Saints kept drives alive for the Vikings which led to touchdowns. Those personal fouls were stupid mistakes.
The hurt ankle won the game. Vikings defeat the Saints if not for their ''resurgent Defensive Line'' which was blasting him after every hit

Pelicans78
03-21-2012, 08:57 PM
The hurt ankle won the game. Vikings defeat the Saints if not for their ''resurgent Defensive Line'' which was blasting him after every hit

The Vikings should have blocked better.

Also Favre choked in the end just like he did two years before.

LnGrrrR
03-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the problem is bounties, right?

Peyton could have just said, "I want you guys to take out Favre, no matter what!" and it would've been legal (and underhanded), if I'm reading this right.

Pelicans78
03-21-2012, 09:01 PM

Peyton could have just said, "I want you guys to take out Favre, no matter what!" and it would've been legal (and underhanded), if I'm reading this right.

Pretty much. The money part made it illegal. And then lying about it made it worse.

vander
03-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Drew Brees will once again put New Orleans on his shoulders and carry them through this tragic event.

BRHornet45
03-21-2012, 10:47 PM
sons the Marcello family should put a bounty out on Goodell for this stupid shit.

TIMMYtoZO
03-21-2012, 10:59 PM
:lol The Saints are falling apart.

Pelicans78
03-22-2012, 12:02 AM

Not really. They still have enough talent to compete as long as Brees is signed. Their defense was shitty anyway and they didn't lose any major pieces on offense. Plus, Carmicheal called most of the plays last season and the Saints had one of the best offenses in history. Plus, Spags is an upgrade over that retarded monkey Gregg Williams.

fevertrees
03-22-2012, 12:20 AM
REAL TALK I place this blame on this woman

http://www.playerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/mofopolitics.jpg

If she would be a decent wife and give that man a becky once in awhile, then he wouldn't have to take out his NO ASS GETTING aggression on the Saints.

NewcastleKEG
03-22-2012, 12:25 AM

Williams has been doing this for decades & Peyton was the one left holding the bag

Spurs da champs
03-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Vilma better be suspended trying to injure a rookie QB especially is what makes that shit fucked up.

NewcastleKEG
03-22-2012, 12:32 AM
I called it weeks ago, junior. But even I didn't think it would be this bad

Possibly no playoffs this year. Good news for the 9-7 Giants

LnGrrrR
03-22-2012, 01:26 AM
Pretty much. The money part made it illegal. And then lying about it made it worse.

Right, but my point is, to all those people saying, "That's wrong! You shouldn't try to hurt people! I can't believe teams would do that!"... while Goodell did say blah blah blah we should be protecting QBs, ERRRRR players, there's nothing wrong AFAIK with telling your players to kill the other team. You just can't give them bonuses for actually doing it.

NewcastleKEG
03-22-2012, 01:54 AM
Right, but my point is, to all those people saying, "That's wrong! You shouldn't try to hurt people! I can't believe teams would do that!"... while Goodell did say blah blah blah we should be protecting QBs, ERRRRR players, there's nothing wrong AFAIK with telling your players to kill the other team. You just can't give them bonuses for actually doing it.
Exactly. It's called a paper trail

BRHornet45
03-22-2012, 03:27 AM
Joe Horn ripping Goodell's bitch ass

http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/nfl/joe-horn-ex-saints-wr-19645/

jjktkk
03-22-2012, 02:10 PM
sons the Marcello family should put a bounty out on Goodell for this stupid shit.

No the "stupid shit" was trying to lie to Goodell.

TIMMYtoZO
03-22-2012, 10:14 PM
I called it weeks ago, junior. But even I didn't think it would be this bad

Possibly no playoffs this year. Good news for the 9-7 Giants

:lol You want nothing to do with the Giants. The fear you are expressing is so evident. It must make you suicidal that my teams own your teams in every sport. :lol

Pelicans78
03-22-2012, 10:47 PM
:lol You want nothing to do with the Giants. The fear you are expressing is so evident. It must make you suicidal that my teams own your teams in every sport. :lol

Actually, you and Newcastle are of the same breed. He became a bandwagon fan in the 90s where his teams owned your teams while you became a bandwagon fan the next decade.

kskonn
03-23-2012, 02:32 PM
No the "stupid shit" was trying to lie to Goodell.

I personally think the punishment was to harsh, however I also believe the punishment was more about the lying to the NFL a number of times before coming clean, had they fessed up in the beginning it would have been more in line with what the patriots received for spygate.

TIMMYtoZO
03-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Actually, you and Newcastle are of the same breed. He became a bandwagon fan in the 90s where his teams owned your teams while you became a bandwagon fan the next decade.

:lol This bounty punishment is getting to you. It is also killing you on how dead wrong you were on the giants this year. You actually had the nerve to say you would rather have the saints d than the giants d.

Pelicans78
03-23-2012, 05:25 PM
:lol This bounty punishment is getting to you. It is also killing you on how dead wrong you were on the giants this year. You actually had the nerve to say you would rather have the saints d than the giants d.

I never said that. At the time when the Saints had mauled Giants, I pointed out how the Saints D was outplaying the Giants.

Also, it doesn't change the fact how you and NewCastle are one and the same. Change the subject all you want, NewCastle owned your ass in the 90s just like you own his ass now.

Goran Dragic
03-23-2012, 06:04 PM
In fairness to TtoZ, he's been a Giants fan as long as he's been on this site and didn't waiver when they were playing .500 ball this year.