PDA

View Full Version : He has "world class" speed....

RaZon
03-21-2012, 04:22 PM
...we heard all last NCAA season everytime RGIII played. We hear that a lot when in reality it's bogus. Only one NCAA player had "World Class" speed last season, that was Jeff Demps at Florida.

RGIII was a good college 400hurdler with a 49.2PR at altitude. While that is a good time it takes a little more than just one good altitude aided time to be world class. He never won anything big, he couldn't even win the NCAA. He never faced or beat a world class field/athlete. So to say he has "World Class" speed...nope! He made the Oly trials semi finals, that isn't world class.

After Chris Johnson ran his sub 4.30 at the combine, he was suppose to have "World Class" speed. In with a world class field at a 100m he'd get smoked, it would be comical. Sure he might be there at the 40 but most "World Class" guys are changing gears around there.

Marquise Goodwin the long jumper from Texas does not have "World Class" jets either.

If a footballer can run a sub 10.20, then it's realistic to..."he has world class speed". If a guy can't run a sub10.20 he won't be in many world class fields.

The worst example I've seen of this.."he has world class speed" was a Navy game. They had a guy who was high school sprinter with a 10.70PR, the announcer..."he has world............

Everybody who runs track does not have world class speed. These football announcers need to realize that.

While they no longer do you could get away with..."he has world class speed"...talking about NFLers Jacoby Ford and Trindon Holliday. A "he had...would be right on.

johnsmith
06-19-2012, 04:45 PM
lol.

Avante
06-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Since you bumped it up...

What college QB would become a 1000 yard rusher in the NFL?

Give me the names of six college QB's who became NFL wide receivers?

What high school QB would become a 10.26 sprinter in college?

MavDynasty
06-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Quit posting faggot

Avante
06-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Quit posting faggot

Too deep for your dumbass?

gaKNOW!blee
06-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Since you bumped it up...

What college QB would become a 1000 yard rusher in the NFL?

What high school QB would become a 10.26 sprinter in college?

1. Vick

2. Smith, Stewart, randel el, Ward, Edwards, Marcus Vick...I'm sure there are more as well.

3. Who cares?

Bigzax
06-20-2012, 11:38 AM
He's a QB not a RB so his speed is fast enough to get outside the pocket on roll outs and hopefully fast enough to get a first down and get the hell out of bounds to avoid kill shots. So he doesn't have 'world class' speed. Who gives a fuck man, he'll be judged more on his arm than on his legs.

Avante
06-20-2012, 11:41 AM
1. Vick

2. Smith, Stewart, randel el, Ward, Edwards, Marcus Vick...I'm sure there are more as well.

3. Who cares?

1.The guy I was thinking about never played QB in the NFL, he was switched to running back.

2.Bert Emanuel, Marlin Briscoe, Freddie Solomon, Matt Jones, Hines Ward, Antwone Randle-El

3.Curtis Conway USC/Bears

Avante
06-20-2012, 11:42 AM
He's a QB not a RB so his speed is fast enough to get outside the pocket on roll outs and hopefully fast enough to get a first down and get the hell out of bounds to avoid kill shots. So he doesn't have 'world class' speed. Who gives a fuck man, he'll be judged more on his arm than on his legs.

I agree 100%, just tired of announcers talking about his "world class" speed. When he was never "world class" as a 400 hurdler.

gaKNOW!blee
06-20-2012, 11:52 AM
So you're saying brad smith and kordell Stewart were not college quarterbacks?

Avante
06-20-2012, 11:57 AM
So you're saying brad smith and kordell Stewart were not college quarterbacks?

Nope, I was showing you who I had in mind. Kordell Stewart was never just a wide receiver. Which what I was talking about he was "Slash" remember?

gaKNOW!blee
06-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Yes.

Matt jones is probably a better answer.

Blake
06-20-2012, 04:00 PM

Why are you stopping at six?

Give me the names of every single NFL wide receiver retired or active that played QB in college

Avante
06-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Why are you stopping at six?

Give me the names of every single NFL wide receiver retired or active that played QB in college

I seem to be the one doing all the work. I think you are starting to see that yes I'm into this stuff. Cool to see you finally doing something besides ...wahwahwahwimper. How about you '"finally" do something for a change. Go ahead give us those college QB's who were wide receivers in the NFL. But first give me the name of that college QB who was switched to running back in training camp and had a 1000 yard NFL rushing season.

Would you believe the guy who is considered the first black QB to start an NFL game was named....Willie Thrower?

Bill_Brasky
06-20-2012, 08:37 PM
fuck off

Avante
06-20-2012, 09:06 PM
fuck off

Sorry man, I'll try to keep it real simple for you.

Blake
06-20-2012, 10:31 PM
I seem to be the one doing all the work. I think you are starting to see that yes I'm into this stuff. Cool to see you finally doing something besides ...wahwahwahwimper. How about you '"finally" do something for a change. Go ahead give us those college QB's who were wide receivers in the NFL. But first give me the name of that college QB who was switched to running back in training camp and had a 1000 yard NFL rushing season.

Would you believe the guy who is considered the first black QB to start an NFL game was named....Willie Thrower?

Just say you don't know the answer.

Keep it simple

Avante
06-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Just say you don't know the answer.

Keep it simple

Would you care to bet on that? I'm trying to get you to do something/anything. So far you haven't done anything. Show me you aren't as dumb as I think you are.

Hell dude, how about a college QB who played defensive back in the NFL?

Blake
06-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Would you care to bet on that? I'm trying to get you to do something/anything. So far you haven't done anything. Show me you aren't as dumb as I think you are.

Hell dude, how about a college QB who played defensive back in the NFL?

So you don't know the answer.

Avante
06-20-2012, 10:40 PM
So you don't know the answer.

Frustrating isn't it? Now you know how I feel, since you haven't answered one question I've asked you. How about you answer a few of mine first, ya reckon? Oh yeah...is it relevant...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude you are cracking me up here:rollin

Here's a challenge for ya Sluggo. I'll give a name of a college QB/NFL receiver then you give out one. You got balls?

Here ya go...

Ronald Curry