PDA

View Full Version : Sharon Stone Leaves Son in Vehicle

Gatita
06-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Sharon's son sleeps in car while she dines out
by NICOLE LAMPERT

08:21am 20th June 2005

Night out: Sharon Stone

She is living only a few miles away and is said to have more than one nanny to look after her child.
But Sharon Stone left her adopted son Roan in the car being looked after by her chauffeur for more than two hours while she had a late meal at one of London's most fashionable restaurants.

Despite the heat on Saturday night, four-year- old Roan managed to sleep through his mother's date with a mystery male companion.

He did not even appear to wake when scores of flash bulbs exploded as she left The Ivy at around 1am.

But many will wonder why she took the boy with her to the restaurant in Covent Garden and left him in the car when she is living so close by in Belgravia.

Especially as she is about to start a court battle with his adopted father, her ex-husband, journalist Phil Bronstein, for full custody of Roan.

Custody battle

Miss Stone, 47, arrived at The Ivy - probably the restaurant where celebrities stand most chance of being photographed - at 10.40pm. "I was stunned when I saw she had left her son sleeping in the car," a photographer said.

"Why on earth would she do that when she has a house a couple of miles away?.

"It was a hot night and he could have been traumatised by the camera flashes going off."

Roan's natural mother is a Texas schoolgirl. He was adopted by Miss Stone after she and Bronstein made a private arrangement through a lawyer who puts wealthy prospective parents in touch with pregnant women seeking a better life for their child.

She has described how the boy has changed her life, saying: "I'm usually too analytical, always looking at the downside, but I look at my son and the whole world becomes sugar-coated."

Miss Stone adopted her second son, Laird, four weeks ago after paying a surrogate mother to carry the child for her.

The actress has been in London filming the thriller Basic Instinct 2 for several months.

Miss Stone and her former husband share joint custody of Roan, who spends three weeks with his mother and then three weeks with his father, but each has now applied for sole custody.