PDA

View Full Version : Eating crow

Spursfan4lyfe
03-21-2012, 07:04 PM
The front office are making a lot of people eat crow. I remember at the beginning of free agency they was not making moves and the pieces that they were looking at choose other places {Josh Howard ( done for the year) C. Butler (though started out hot has cooled since)} I have to say the FO has rebounded nicely with the Stephen Jackson trade (who most of the members agree is a significant upgrade at SF) and the active pursuit of Diaw who if nothing else give them a little rim protection if they decide to start Splitter (unlikely) and a body in case of a injury. Neal/Patty Mills (if signed as reported) at least keeps Tony from having to play so many min leading up to the playoffs (if I know pop he won't play him much come playoff time). They have composed a nice playoff team that can contend for a championship. Are they the favorite no, but with time I think this team will gel and is a definite upgrade to team they put on the court on opening day. thoughts?

SenorSpur
03-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Uh, they're still without a reserve big man. Running with only 4 bigs is a situation that doesn't bode well if they face up against the Grizzlies, Fakers or Mavs in the playoffs.

Obstructed_View
03-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Starting Blair, Bonner more minutes than Splitter. No crow for me, thanks.

Small Fundamental
03-21-2012, 07:52 PM
We still need an athletic big man. And by "big man", I don't mean someone that's 6'7".

hater
03-21-2012, 08:28 PM
eat crow? we have no frontline. Blair is beyond attrocious

hater
03-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Negativity runs rampant here. It's either all or nothing with most of you. No eating of the crow yet, but definitely better than Los Spurs FO has been doing as of late.

getting swept by the Suns and the next year bukkaked by the Griz in round 1 does that to you

Small Fundamental
03-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Who do you suggest, chief?I wanted our FO to push for Hickson over Diaw seeing as he's everything we need out of a big man right now. Athletic, solid rebounder and has enough size that you could match him up against a Marc Gasol or a Pau Gasol for that matter.

Even with that said, it's not so much about what they could have done anyway. I just still disagree that we somehow fixed everything with Stephen Jackson and possibly Diaw.

Spurtacus
03-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Trading RJ to get Jax was great. Patty Mills is a solid backup signing. However what the Spurs have needed is another big and the FO still hasn't succeeded there. Diaw would help.

Spursfan4lyfe
03-21-2012, 09:39 PM
I wanted our FO to push for Hickson over Diaw seeing as he's everything we need out of a big man right now. Athletic, solid rebounder and has enough size that you could match him up against a Marc Gasol or a Pau Gasol for that matter.

Even with that said, it's not so much about what they could have done anyway. I just still disagree that we somehow fixed everything with Stephen Jackson and possibly Diaw.
no one said they have fixed everything because every team has weaknesses if they were able to get Diaw that is a big help just because it helps the front court. Stephen Jackson helps this team he plays defensive and has never been passive will put the ball on the floor so that is a def. upgrade the SF position. not to mention he is better then the players they looked at in free agency

Spursfan4lyfe
03-21-2012, 09:40 PM
I wanted our FO to push for Hickson over Diaw seeing as he's everything we need out of a big man right now. Athletic, solid rebounder and has enough size that you could match him up against a Marc Gasol or a Pau Gasol for that matter.

not to mention they couldn't have gotten Hickson if they targeted him because he didn't clear waivers

T Park
03-21-2012, 10:05 PM

JJ Hickson couldn't guard a fire hydrant gmafb

T Park
03-21-2012, 10:06 PM
getting swept by the Suns and the next year bukkaked by the Griz in round 1 does that to you

Yeah it sucks to be a spurs fan.