PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to Danny Green

Beanzamillion21
03-21-2012, 11:31 PM
I think this guy has been playing much better as of late.
He has Playing with tons of confidence these past few games, and making much better shot selections.
Am I so wrong to think that he is actually going to make a big contribution in the playoffs?

GAME LOG OPP RESULT STATS
Wed 3/21 MIN W100-116 14 PTS, 7 REB
Sat 3/17 @DAL L99-106 17 PTS, 2 REB
Fri 3/16 @OKC W114-105 21 PTS, 5 STL

spectator
03-21-2012, 11:39 PM
as soon as pop said that he wanted to bench danny green for the playoffs because there are no minutes for him, green started playing at another level.

maybe it's CIA pop trying to light a candle up his rear.

GSH
03-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Danny says "yeh".

shorttotry
03-21-2012, 11:41 PM
It is in Pop's hands. Obviously Neal made a HUGE contribution his rookie year despite Pop's hate on rookies. We've got alot of players with ice in their veins now that RJ is gone. Green is untested and that remains to be settled.

ajballer4
03-21-2012, 11:41 PM
He has good series of games, and he has bad series of games. The benefit of being so deep is that if during the playoffs he has a bad stretch of games, we can easily just spread the minutes to the other wings

100%duncan
03-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Good player just needs consistency

jon123spurs
03-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Definitely a bright spot for us just hope he gets some playing time in the playoffs he's playing great basketball and to think we were thinking of trading him for josh Howard lol no thanks

Beanzamillion21
03-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Definitely a bright spot on the bench he's playing great basketball and to think we were thinking of trading him for josh Howard lol no thanks

He is a starter bro. IMO he has earned every minute of it.

Tuddy
03-22-2012, 12:37 AM
He will be important in the playoffs cause he has the quickest release on his shot

T Park
03-22-2012, 01:01 AM
It is in Pop's hands. Obviously Neal made a HUGE contribution his rookie year despite Pop's hate on rookies. We've got alot of players with ice in their veins now that RJ is gone. Green is untested and that remains to be settled.

Yeah pop loathes rookies, I mean look at Kawhi Leonard... Oh wait....

T Park
03-22-2012, 01:02 AM
I like Green, but Jackson starting Friday should be in the starting 5.

jiggy_55
03-22-2012, 01:43 AM
I like Green, but Jackson starting Friday should be in the starting 5.

Not sure how S-Jax and Leonard fit together in the lineup. Both are small forwards, unless you mean that Manu enters the lineup too at SG.

Green has been balling, keep him starting at least for now. Later on maybe insert Jack to start along with Green or Manu. I think we need some offensive firepower off the bench, so I'm all for having Manu and Jack or maybe both come off the bench. The lineup with Green and Leonard has been working very well right now.

Manufan909
03-22-2012, 01:59 AM
Not sure how S-Jax and Leonard fit together in the lineup. Both are small forwards, unless you mean that Manu enters the lineup too at SG.

Green has been balling, keep him starting at least for now. Later on maybe insert Jack to start along with Green or Manu. I think we need some offensive firepower off the bench, so I'm all for having Manu and Jack or maybe both come off the bench. The lineup with Green and Leonard has been working very well right now.

Leonard has earned his spot in the SL all season, so I hope it remains his to lose in the POs. And If Green can keep earning his starting spot too, then so be it. Manu might make sense to leave on the bench, as long as Green does well, so that he and SJax can help make the 2nd unit the best in the POs. Green can always be subbed out early if need be, plus there is no true backup for Tony atm (even if Mills works out better than hoped), so Manu should be the primary ball handler for the 2nd unit in the postseason. I know Neal has looked serviceable, but in the POs he will be exposed.