PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lowry vs Goran Dragič - and the Rox future...

Kamnik
03-23-2012, 07:19 AM
I'd like to get some posters opinion here because It seems to me that on ClutchFans most people don't really know wtf they are talking about. And I also don't know the ones that do. (by their screen name)

Now... I am a big Dragič fan but I am also a fan of the Rockets but when I try to think objectively I get to this conclusions:

1. Team is responding better to Dragič steering the ship in comparison to Lowry. Offense seems much more potent and overall passing is better.

2. Lowry is at the peak of his worth. He is 6-0 with 205 lbs and Dragič is 6-3 with 190 lbs. Who is more likely to have a long career? I read somewhere that chubby point guards don't age well...

3. In conclusion I think the best move for the Rockets would be to trade Lowry and Martin in a package and resign Courtney Lee and Dragič as their starting backcourt.

Build around Dragič, Lee, Parsons, Budinger, Patterson and try to get an all-star quality big in a trade or draft.

Thoughts?

100%duncan
03-23-2012, 08:34 AM
I'd take lowry, but if the trade was to happen, then who will you trade them for?

Kamnik
03-23-2012, 09:36 AM
For younger players over 6-10 with upside + drafpicks.

Kamnik
03-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Lowry has a really good contract for a such quality player - it makes him very tradable: http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

Kamnik
03-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Why loose Dragič for nothing (going to another team) and only have Lowry while you can keep Dragič and trade Lowry for some really nice pieces and get rid of Kevin Martins contract.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Why loose Dragič for nothing (going to another team) and only have Lowry while you can keep Dragič and trade Lowry for some really nice pieces and get rid of Kevin Martins contract.

Why do you assume the Rockets could keep Dragic at will? He's unrestricted and will get a decent offer in the summer. He might get the starting job at a few teams, so I don't think the Rockets will keep him. I think they like Lowry and will go with him.

namlook
03-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Lowry > Dragic. Anyone that watches them play can see that.

Sportcamper
03-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Minnesota found Nikola Pekovic and Houston found Goran Dragič…
And the Lakers scouts discovered Slava & Sasha…

Kamnik
03-23-2012, 01:12 PM

Ok... what about in 3 years? (Goran isn't injury prone and much more physically fit than Kyle)

What about loosing one of them for nothing while you could trade on and get equal value in return and keep the other?

Kobayagi
03-23-2012, 04:37 PM
You've opened this thread just 5 days ago: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193108

How is this new thread different from that one?

And a while ago you started this thread: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190202

You're obsessed with Dragic the same way KBP is obsessed with vaginalis spanoulis.

Kamnik
03-23-2012, 05:26 PM
I stated in the first post "I am a big Dragič fan" - so what? Obssesed? This is a sports fan forum where enthusiasts come. KBP is a troll, I am not - or are you too damn stupid to detect the difference.

This thread is different from the other from 5 days ago about didn't discuss changes or trades that could happen on the Houston roster. Not to mention he had some great games in the last 5 days which is kind of a big deal if you look at the injuries of Lowry and Martin.

As for the other thread - it is exactly 2 MONTHS old. You are going to pick on my threads from all the load of shitty/troll ones in the NBA forum - really?

Write something of substance or GTFO. (p.s. expect me to open 5-10 more Dragič threads in the next few months) :toast

Goran Dragic
03-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Houston found Goran Dragič…

lol wut? Dragic was known about by lots of people before going to Houston.

Koolaid_Man
03-23-2012, 06:11 PM
“We just let him handle the ball, I mean, you saw me off the ball a lot – probably more than you’ve ever seen me and as a result my night was a lot easier,” Bryant said. “I really didn’t have to work. I got 30 points and I didn’t even have to work for any of it because [Sessions] was doing all the penetrating and I was getting great screens. - Kobe Bryant

100%duncan
03-23-2012, 10:04 PM

Any other argument will be invalid.

Kai
03-23-2012, 11:35 PM
I think we've all given up on trying to figure out what Morey is trying to do. It'll be hard to keep Goran without overpaying, since he wants to be a starter and Lowry has it locked up for the Rockets.

One thing the Rockets might try to do is have a sit-down with Deron Williams this summer, considering he's the only player worth the max and we'll have max money (and Morey nearly got him from Utah before the Nets stepped in). I don't have reason to think Deron would pick the Rockets over Dallas though.

Kamnik
03-24-2012, 04:47 AM
I guess Kobe knows or two about penetrating.

Giuseppe
03-24-2012, 05:23 AM
^You got nary room. Your Neal raped just like my Kobe.

Kamnik
03-25-2012, 04:38 AM
Dragič with a great game again. 24 points on 14 shots with 8 assists and 5 rebounds.

http://www.nba.com/games/20120324/DALHOU/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100716#nbaGIboxscore

Danny.Zhu
03-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Dragic's difference is terrible.

TDMVPDPOY
03-25-2012, 07:11 AM
talkin to dumbkents from clutchfans is like talkin to retard homerfans on realgm when gettin into an argument whose better etc

atm im talkin shit to some wanker who thinks parson>KL.....watta fkn joke ass rocketfan

Kamnik
04-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Dragič now with a 17,48 PER and clearly being the best player on the Rockets roster with Martin and Lowry out.

What contract do you think he could get in the summer with current level of play?

And which teams are the most desperate for a point guard? Phoenix if Nash goes? That would be kind of funny...

Pelicans78
04-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Hornets have a lot of cap room this offseason and no long-term answer at PG. Expect them to sign Dragic to about 7-8 million per season to team him up with Gordon and the two lottery picks.

100%duncan
04-04-2012, 10:02 AM
^ that should get rid of JarJack.

Pelicans78
04-04-2012, 10:03 AM
^ that should get rid of JarJack.

They can easily dump him since he will be an expiring contact next season worth around 5.6 million.

Goran Dragic
04-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Hopefully you're right 78, Dragic plays a lot better when he's starting and has a good SG next to him who can handle the ball.

100%duncan
04-04-2012, 10:05 AM
^Son, I'm excited about Hornets' future, no joke. If they can sign Dragic at PG, Beli at SG, whoever at SF,Davis at PF and another quality big, they're in for some good times,tbh.

Pelicans78
04-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Hopefully you're right 78, Dragic plays a lot better when he's starting and has a good SG next to him who can handle the ball.

I agree. We were discussing Dragic on HornetsReport and the consensus was he would be a great fit next to Gordon. I would offer him 4 years 30 million and be happy with it.

100%duncan
04-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Just hope Rockets won't resign him.

Pelicans78
04-04-2012, 10:19 AM
^Son, I'm excited about Hornets' future, no joke. If they can sign Dragic at PG, Beli at SG, whoever at SF,Davis at PF and another quality big, they're in for some good times,tbh.

I hope you're right. If they can have a healthy Gordon long-term, sign Dragic and do well in the lottery/draft, they could be fine for awhile. The question is what to do with Okafor and Ariza. Both are signed for two years with Okafor 14 million and Ariza around 7 million. Okafor is a solid starting center but he's not worth that much and Ariza is below average to me. I doubt anyone will trade for them without giving back a bad contract. Plus I don't think the amnesty will be used on either of them unless the new potential owner is willing to eat up extra salary.

100%duncan
04-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Son, I'm sad for you for Ariza, just like Dick was to us. Though, Okafor might be a big that can help Davis(Assuming you get him) mature as a balanced big.

djohn2oo8
04-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Trade Lowry, keep Dragic. There is no other way.

Venti Quattro
04-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Son, I'm sad for you for Ariza, just like Dick was to us. Though, Okafor might be a big that can help Davis(Assuming you get him) mature as a balanced big.

From being a certified championship contributor to being compared to Dick -- damn that's rough

Killakobe81
04-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Gordon won't stay in NOLA unless you overpay ...
Ditto Dragic in Houston ...

But if Im Dragic i would not leave unless I was starting and getting starter's money too ...

Pelicans78
04-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Gordon won't stay in NOLA unless you overpay ...
Ditto Dragic in Houston ...

But if Im Dragic i would not leave unless I was starting and getting starter's money too ...

Dragic would get both in NOLA.

Gordon really can't leave because he's a restricted FA. They can match whatever offer he gets in FA. He's back tonight so they can see watch how he performs for the last 14 games.

Kamnik
04-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Dragič for Hornets would be good actually. I don't think he minds too much about how "flashy" the team or city is.

Someone like Gordon will never be happy there IMO.

Pelicans78
04-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Dragič for Hornets would be good actually. I don't think he minds too much about how "flashy" the team or city is.

Someone like Gordon will never be happy there IMO.

Not necessarily. He's from Indiana, he played college ball at Indiana. He's not a big city guy. Plus, New Orleans is a flashy city. He's not gonna be bored there. Lots of stuff to do, lots of sporting events, etc.

Killakobe81
04-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Dragic would get both in NOLA.

Gordon really can't leave because he's a restricted FA. They can match whatever offer he gets in FA. He's back tonight so they can see watch how he performs for the last 14 games.

But why overpay for someone injury prone? If indy makes a big push are you telling me you guys will match that with no owner? I thought one of the reasons you guys took that trade with Clips was to avoid overpaying anyone. I would of traded Gordon to Pacers and tried to extract an asset and an extra 1st rounder in this "supposedly"deep draft.

Pelicans78
04-04-2012, 03:35 PM
But why overpay for someone injury prone? If indy makes a big push are you telling me you guys will match that with no owner? I thought one of the reasons you guys took that trade with Clips was to avoid overpaying anyone. I would of traded Gordon to Pacers and tried to extract an asset and an extra 1st rounder in this "supposedly"deep draft.

They'll have an owner before FA starts.

The Clippers trade was done for young assets, no long-term contracts, and Gordon. He is injury prone, but he has a ton of talent. The team wasn't gonna find a more talented player than him, as long as he stays healthy. He's still young and if he can stay healthy, he will be a perennial All-Star.

I think the Hornets will match. He's too young and talented to let go. He's only 23. The Hornets have a ton of cap room as well and they could get more cap room if they amnesty either Okafor or Ariza.