PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker's injury status for tonight?

Spursfan092120
03-23-2012, 07:25 AM
Does anyone know if he's playing tonight? How's his hammy? I heard they were just making sure, but I wanted to ask. I'll be at the game tonight, and I was just curious. We need to get this one.

cheguevara
03-23-2012, 08:23 AM
"I think Tony will be back with that one,” Neal told the San Antonio Express-News. "If I was a betting man, I’d say he’ll be back."

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4686980/will-jason-kidd-mavs-miss-spurs-tony-parker

btw, another ESPN fuckup, whats new:
If Parker is out, it comes at a bad time for the Spurs. They begin their only back-to-back-to-back of the season against the Mavs, followed by a short trip to New Orleans on Saturday and back home against Philadelphia on Sunday.

monkeypunk
03-23-2012, 08:30 AM
If Parker is out and Mills isn't available yet, I would really hope that Joseph would get called back up.

Unless he's at his max number of call ups already.

100%duncan
03-23-2012, 08:37 AM
I think he'll play though

Seventyniner
03-23-2012, 08:40 AM
I can definitely see Parker playing tonight and against Philly, staying in SA in between (skipping the NO game obv).

Old School 44
03-23-2012, 08:40 AM
If Parker is out and Mills isn't available yet, I would really hope that Joseph would get called back up.

Unless he's at his max number of call ups already.

No reason to bring up Joseph. He's just not ready.

I'd rather just stay with Neal, Manu, Jack, Green and even Anderson handling the ball for next few games if Parkers out and Mills isn't available.

100%duncan
03-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Timvp, do you know TP's status?

cheguevara
03-23-2012, 08:50 AM

bro, this is the Spurs. Nobody will know nothing until gametime. especially vs. Mavs.

100%duncan
03-23-2012, 08:53 AM
bro, this is the Spurs. Nobody will know nothing until gametime. especially vs. Mavs.

I know right? Just thought LJ might have some inside sources about TP's health

bklynspursfan
03-23-2012, 08:53 AM
I'd rather have JA run the point than Call Joseph back up.

100%duncan
03-23-2012, 08:55 AM

god, sometimes I wish Spurstalk had some tags

100%duncan
03-23-2012, 08:55 AM
I'd rather have JA run the point than Call Joseph back up.

:rollin

Darkwaters
03-23-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm pretty sure Cory Joseph is right at the limit for call-ups and assignments. I'm not sure that if you called him up that he could be sent back to Austin.

Frankly, I'd prefer to treat him like hes "injured" the rest of the season and not available rather than continue to bring him back and forth from Austin.

timvp
03-23-2012, 09:46 AM
I haven't heard anything. We probably won't know anything until shootaround.

spursfaninla
03-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Guessing is useless. Wake me up when someone has news

Giuseppe
03-23-2012, 10:00 AM
It'd be nice if he were shinin' pine this evening. Ipso facto, I could get my Luva & Kevin to help me push a barrel up here, then roll it out.

Bruno
03-23-2012, 10:19 AM
There were an article about Parker injury in today's french newspaper. TP said about his injury:
"I felt a slight pain in my hamstring and that's why I ask Pop to left the game. That's all, nothing serious.[...] We'll see how I feel Friday before deciding whether or to play the game against Mavs. [...] I'm fine. I'm not worried. We haven't done a MRI and we haven't even talked about taking some rest."

timvp
03-23-2012, 10:26 AM
No MRI is great news. Parker's quad injury required an MRI and he only missed one game.

That said, Pop very well could play it safe and rest Parker tonight knowing that the team is at home and will be amped to play the Mavs. Plus, if Parker hurts it worse, even a two-week injury would force him to miss a bunch of games.

We'll see . . .

ElNono
03-23-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm more concerned about his mental fragility than the injury, tbh. Does he think he's breaking down? How will that impact his aggressiveness?

Would be nice to get a qualified opinion. What do you think Dr DPG? :stirpot:

Spursfan092120
03-23-2012, 10:35 AM
No MRI is great news. Parker's quad injury required an MRI and he only missed one game.

That said, Pop very well could play it safe and rest Parker tonight knowing that the team is at home and will be amped to play the Mavs. Plus, if Parker hurts it worse, even a two-week injury would force him to miss a bunch of games.

We'll see . . .

:depressed I hope not. We really need this game against Dallas..if nothing else just because it's Dallas.

DPG21920
03-23-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm more concerned about his mental fragility than the injury, tbh. Does he think he's breaking down? How will that impact his aggressiveness?

Would be nice to get a qualified opinion. What do you think Dr DPG? :stirpot:

He should ask Manu how he deals emotionally with constantly letting his team down since he's used to it and this is new for TP.

ElNono
03-23-2012, 10:56 AM
He should ask Manu how he deals emotionally with constantly letting his team down since he's used to it and this is new for TP.

Manu doesn't let his team down.

So your opinion is that this shouldn't enable the Mike Conley Jrs of the league to take Tony for another spin? Good news :tu

Cane
03-23-2012, 10:56 AM
But what about Matt Bonner's injury status? :hat

timvp
03-23-2012, 11:00 AM
He should ask Manu how he deals emotionally with constantly letting his team down since he's used to it and this is new for TP.To be fair, without Manu the Spurs don't win Game 6 and then there wouldn't even be a Game 7 for Manu to inexplicably go for the block on a layup when the Spurs were up by three points.

Oh wait, you're talking about injuries :stirpot:

manufan10
03-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Tony Parker and Tiago Splitter are out for tonight's game. Matt Bonner is probable.

Cane
03-23-2012, 11:03 AM

New for TP? Where were ya in the Grizz series or the sexting fiasco? :stirpot:

bklynspursfan
03-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Jeff McDonald ‏ @JMcDonald_SAEN
Tony Parker (hamstring) and Tiago Splitter (back spasms) will not play tonight vs. Mavs. Matt Bonner (back) listed as probable.

Wtf?? We could be without (potentially) Splitter & Bonner?

bklynspursfan
03-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Jeff McDonald ‏ @JMcDonald_SAEN
In past 10 minutes, Spurs have upgraded Splitter to doubtful for tonight. At this rate, he'll be 100% by tip

DPG21920
03-23-2012, 11:58 AM
New for TP? Where were ya in the Grizz series or the sexting fiasco? :stirpot:

One has a finals MVP. One is injured a lot.