View Full Version : Ginobili, Splitter to miss tomorrow's game in New Orleans

Uriel
03-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Buck Harvey ‏ @Buck_SA
Not on the charter to New Orleans, according to those who know: Splitter and Ginobili. Less about injuries than the 5 games in six nights.

http://twitter.com/#!/Buck_SA/status/183408351575683072

I guess that implies Duncan and Parker may play against the Hornets tomorrow.

housious
03-23-2012, 11:36 PM
I figured Manu would rest. Would be nice to have Parker back.

Mel_13
03-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Buck Harvey ‏ @Buck_SA Close
Not on the charter to New Orleans, according to those who know: Splitter and Ginobili. Less about injuries than the 5 games in six nights.

http://twitter.com/#!/Buck_SA/status/183408351575683072

I guess that implies Duncan and Parker may play against the Hornets tomorrow.

And that Duncan won't play on Sunday v. Philly.

Redshadows
03-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Manu got hurt or just have a rest?

GSH
03-23-2012, 11:37 PM
This is really starting to feel like another playoff run without a healthy Manu.

100%duncan
03-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Manu won't play b2b right. Don't overreact

Dex
03-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Less about injuries than the 5 games in six nights.

Reading is fundamental, ya'll.

Ginobili is fine.

crc21209
03-23-2012, 11:40 PM
Manu just isnt in sync yet. That's fine, just get him back into the flow slowly but surely. The Spurs can take New Orleans tomorrow with TP, Green, Leonard, TD, Blair, Jackson, Neal, Diaw, and Bonner....:tu

roycrikside
03-23-2012, 11:42 PM
This is really starting to feel like another playoff run without a healthy Manu.

He's still working his way up to full health and he wants to peak for the playoffs instead of fading for them. He got 28 minutes today and a lot of PG time the last two games, so that's a good sign. Also, he was more active defensively/rebounding today, so that's a positive.

I think by the time April starts, they'll start letting him play back-to-backs. As long as he plays in the Philly game, I wouldn't worry.

timvp
I'm surprised Duncan went on the plane, tbh.

GSH
Reading is fundamental, ya'll.

Ginobili is fine.

I read the part about him not being on the plane. Usually if a player is healthy, they are at the game. I know it doesn't have to be that way, but it's a pretty good sign.

It also says LESS about injuries - like maybe their injuries aren't that bad. Doesn't mean they don't have them. And Manu has had a lot of them this year. Thus the comment.

Sean Cagney
No biggie tonight is the game I wanted, hopefully tomorrow they can get that win without some but man tonight was sweet. Sunday I aim for mostly though, have to get that one and try to steal tomorrow lol.

roycrikside
03-23-2012, 11:45 PM

If he plays, then I have to say I LOVE the strategy by Pop of going for wins in all three games, trying to earn that 1 seed.

This is the only way we can play 2 of the big 3 in all three games, and that's the best way to win all 3.

Let Tim rest the last game against Philly, a small ball team. Tony can play these next two games and Manu plays the 1st and 3rd.

roycrikside
03-23-2012, 11:46 PM

Maybe the original plan called for Tim to not go, but Tiago's injury changed that and they need more bigs. My concern is things like this will cause Pop to bench Splitter in the stretch because he'll think he can't trust him and he's too soft.

crc21209

I like it. Try and win the 2 division games, and rest him on Sunday...:tu

Spursmania
And Duncan, holding up better than his teammates. He probably needs the rest more but his teammates seem to more fragile than he is. Sucks...

Dex
03-23-2012, 11:49 PM
I read the part about him not being on the plane. Usually if a player is healthy, they are at the game. I know it doesn't have to be that way, but it's a pretty good sign.

It also says LESS about injuries - like maybe their injuries aren't that bad. Doesn't mean they don't have them. And Manu has had a lot of them this year. Thus the comment.

Agreed that a player usually travels with the team, but the team usually isn't playing three games in three nights either, which is probably why he's making the exception this time. No need to make the guy go through the trouble of traveling if he's not going to play: let him stay home and rest, and be here and ready for Sunday night.

I'm no psychic, so who knows how Ginobili is really feeling. But I don't think this report is much to get worked up about. If anything, people should be more concerned about Splitter.

JsnSA
03-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Yeah, I figured it would be Tim and Manu out tomorrow. I wonder what the deal is with Tiago's back spasm's ? Any potential to be lingering???

Spurs da champs
03-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Well he's the only center on the team besides Splitter's weak ass, so what do you expect?

Trainwreck2100
03-23-2012, 11:51 PM
so pop is working it so each game has 2 of the big 3, interesting

rasho8
03-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Tim works tomorrow. Tiago works Sunday. Gives you one real big and let's Diaw have a lot of minutes.

Good plan.

TE
03-23-2012, 11:54 PM
This thing with Tiago is starting to worry me.

Richie
Tim shouldn't play after 30+ tonight

TE
Anybody know how severe his back spasms are as they have been documented so far?

GSH
03-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Agreed that a player usually travels with the team, but the team usually isn't playing three games in three nights either, which is probably why he's making the exception this time. No need to make the guy go through the trouble of traveling if he's not going to play: let him stay home and rest, and be here and ready for Sunday night.

I'm no psychic, so who knows how Ginobili is really feeling. But I don't think think this report is much to get worked up about. If anything, people should be more concerned about Splitter.

I probably should have phrased it differently. It's starting to feel like we won't have a 100% Manu for the playoffs this year. Does that make more sense? (For the record, I don't attend CoP or CoM. They're both essential.) After the hand injury, there was a lot of talk about him getting fully back into shape before the playoffs. That's tough when you're not in games. And you have to admit that something looked wrong the last couple of games.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have an 80% Manu than none at all. I just see the regular season winding down, and it just feels like there are little delays. I hope you're 100% right, and Manu is 100% healthy for the post-season. I know that's the idea. The good news is that with the recent personnel moves, I feel like 80% Manu might be enough.

crc21209
03-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Tim works tomorrow. Tiago works Sunday. Gives you one real big and let's Diaw have a lot of minutes.

Good plan.

The Hornets will be down a big tomorrow anyway with Smith being suspended. That leaves them with Kaman and Ayon basically....

bigfan
03-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Id like to see Pop sit TD and tell Blair/Diaw/Boner they have to carry the load tommorrow.

TheSkeptic
03-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Yeah this was part of Manu's limit.

So then are they just going through players and giving them all a break before that brutal April stretch?

Spurs da champs
03-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Id like to see Pop sit TD and tell Blair/Diaw/Boner they have to carry the load tommorrow.
Kaman would shit all over them.

Libri
03-24-2012, 12:12 AM
With respect to Splitter, I heard that it would not help his back to travel on the plane. It's best he stay and be ready to play against 76ers.

maddnezz
03-24-2012, 12:29 AM
And Duncan, holding up better than his teammates. He probably needs the rest more but his teammates seem to more fragile than he is. Sucks...
Milk really does a body good yall, no joke!:hat

TheSkeptic
03-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Hmm...I'm reading something about ice and heat treatments for back spasms. Assuming that his spasms were caused by strain or exertion and that he's not showing any signs that they're more serious, most of the places I've looked at (2 sources + ehow :lol) say that initial treatment can take anywhere from 48 hours to 3 days. After that people apparently use heat to keep the muscles relaxed I'm guessing.

With the Spurs' training and medical staff I would assume he'll be fine against the 76ers. I would assume that if not then he should be okay sometime shortly after. Assuming I understand this correctly anyway -I'm not a doctor.

He's been relatively healthy this season so I wouldn't get too worried about it...

maddnezz
03-24-2012, 12:32 AM
With respect to Splitter, I heard that it would not help his back to travel on the plane. It's best he stay and be ready to play against 76ers.
Manu and TSplit more teatment and rest equals deeper playoff runs.:king Oh and heb mootopia milk man i been diagnosed with low vitamin d and have to take suplemeents along with extra low fat low lactose milk in my diet and im feelin alot better. Bout toturn 47 yrs old and partied wayyyyyyyyyy too much back in the day.!:hat

T Park
03-24-2012, 12:32 AM
Tiago Splitter is making benu Udrih seem like a toughened veteran. Good god.

Dex
03-24-2012, 12:36 AM

Ouch. :wow

Vic Petro
03-24-2012, 12:39 AM
Hopefully Spurs can go up big early and let TD sit out big chunks of the game.

ducks
03-24-2012, 12:43 AM
play duncan tomorrow do not let splitters back get on the plane keep him in sa
then rest duncan sunday

TJastal
03-24-2012, 01:04 AM
If he plays, then I have to say I LOVE the strategy by Pop of going for wins in all three games, trying to earn that 1 seed.

This is the only way we can play 2 of the big 3 in all three games, and that's the best way to win all 3.

Let Tim rest the last game against Philly, a small ball team. Tony can play these next two games and Manu plays the 1st and 3rd.

+1

I defenitely prefer this strategy to the forfeiting strategy.

TJastal
03-24-2012, 01:07 AM

I hate those plane rides, always feels like rigor mortis has set in when you finallly get out of your seat, esp back and neck. And I'm normal size, not 7 feet tall lmao

Spurtacus
03-24-2012, 01:09 AM
If Parker is back Spurs will be fine without Manu and Splitter.

TheSkeptic
03-24-2012, 01:22 AM

I think this is a case of an idea being floated (48minutesofhell) around and then repeated to the point where people have started to believe it.

He's played 41 games this season and will be missing tomorrow's. The Spurs have played 45. After New Orleans he'll have missed a total of 5 games. 5 games. Not 10, not 20, not 30. 5. He can miss the 76ers game and he *still* wouldn't be the team's most injured player this year.

While that's not Duncan or Blair durable and it feels like he's missed a lot more, it's not to the extent that you're thinking.

Like I said, he's been relatively healthy this season and it's not like he's aggravated his calf or done anything serious.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-24-2012, 06:58 AM
:depressed but how about them New Orleans kids? They won't get to see the Euroleague MVP! Pop is cheating them.

thispego
03-24-2012, 08:01 AM

:rolleyes

thispego
03-24-2012, 08:06 AM
I probably should have phrased it differently. It's starting to feel like we won't have a 100% Manu for the playoffs this year. Does that make more sense? (For the record, I don't attend CoP or CoM. They're both essential.) After the hand injury, there was a lot of talk about him getting fully back into shape before the playoffs. That's tough when you're not in games. And you have to admit that something looked wrong the last couple of games.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have an 80% Manu than none at all. I just see the regular season winding down, and it just feels like there are little delays. I hope you're 100% right, and Manu is 100% healthy for the post-season. I know that's the idea. The good news is that with the recent personnel moves, I feel like 80% Manu might be enough.
In, no, what looked wrong against the mavs. Please do elaborate :lol

100%duncan
03-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Timmy better not get hurt in this worthless game

100%duncan
03-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Jason Smith better watch out for his ass, cos Sjax gonna rip him if he plays dirty to dem brothas.

thispego
03-24-2012, 08:13 AM

:lol yeah I hope this is not splitter complaining about being injured and not able to play and more about pop forcing him to rest more than splitter wants to. Beno would piss pop off so bad with his constant "injuries" he wasn't able to play through.

boutons_deux
03-24-2012, 08:26 AM
b3b, 5n6, that's the owners and League screwing their livestock for striking.

even b2b isn't acceptable.

Mel_13
03-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Hornets Coach Monty Williams says Carl Landry will play tonight against Spurs. Chris kaman got sick in shootaround sent home.

http://twitter.com/#!/JohnReidTP

TDMVPDPOY
03-24-2012, 11:06 AM
that plane, is it private charter or they fly with us locals?

cant they just order bed seats?, or have them in sleeping bags hung up like cocoons....

jag
03-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Love him, but Tiago is starting to look really soft. And Pop's managing of his minutes is starting to make sense.

Splits
03-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Tim can play 10 minutes tonight, just set the tone and sit out the rest. He must play tomorrow night.

There is a 0% chance Tim will play tonight and tomorrow.

polandprzem
03-24-2012, 02:05 PM

What

he is afraid of flying?

Solid D
03-24-2012, 02:15 PM
You'd hate to see the Spurs play Timmy tonight and lose... then have to play the stingiest defensive team in the NBA on Sunday.

Dentmon should get some decent minutes tonight against a Hornets team that turns the ball over a lot.

crc21209
03-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Jason Smith better watch out for his ass, cos Sjax gonna rip him if he plays dirty to dem brothas.

Jason Smith was suspended, he's not playing tonight....

YoMamaIsCallin
03-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Usually if a player is healthy, they are at the game. I know it doesn't have to be that way, but it's a pretty good sign.

This is not a normal season nor is this a normal road trip.

Spurs had to fly out last night to NOLA after the Dallas game, get to hotel very late, get up, go to arena, play. Then they fly back tonight, again arriving very late, and then have to show up at the home arena tomorrow and play. Why make players who are not even going to be dressed for the Hornets game go through all that? Let them stay home, get 2 decent nights sleeps, do whatever rehab/treatment they need to do at home, and show up fresh on Sunday.

It's not like this is a rah rah emotional team that needs everyone's cheerleading from the 2nd row of street-clad players.

benefactor
03-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Not a surprise for Manu. He said in a recent interview that he wouldn't be playing back to backs.

YoMamaIsCallin
03-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Love him, but Tiago is starting to look really soft. And Pop's managing of his minutes is starting to make sense.

Since when does having back spasms make you "soft" ???

Anonymous Cowherd
03-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Surely the no-brain move is play Timmy tonight when Splitter can't play, rest Timmy tomorrow when (hopefully) he can; particularly with Manu out we'll need a leader on the court.

KaiRMD1
03-24-2012, 03:05 PM
I thought they would sit out Duncan if anything.

TheSkeptic
03-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Since when does having back spasms make you "soft" ???

Thank you!

Like I said, he hasn't missed that many games this season and (so far at least) he doesn't deserve to have this reputation.:bang

The spasms should clear up soon and it'll be a moot point.

My goodness...

DPG21920
03-24-2012, 04:02 PM
WTF are people acting like Tiago is going the way of Gino with injuries. He's barely missed at all with the Spurs that weren't DNPCD.

Horse
03-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Tonights game is more important for division and conference record. The philly game means almost nothing.

Mal
03-24-2012, 04:57 PM
So Parker and Duncan will play tonight and sit down vs philly ?