PDA

View Full Version : I got crazy! so many weapons on the team

Rapper
03-24-2012, 12:38 AM
What is our excuse now? It seems like every spur is able to score 20 points per game and to play great defense

Damn. which weapon should I use next game??? TD? TP? Manu? SJAX? Diaw?Kawhi? Green? Bonner? Tigao? Neal? James? it's too crazy!!!!

slick'81
03-24-2012, 12:40 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TwelveGs210
03-24-2012, 12:40 AM
Anderson?

housious
03-24-2012, 12:42 AM
We need to resign Beno for added firepower.

Spur|n|Austin
03-24-2012, 12:48 AM
What is our excuse now? It seems like every spur is able to score 20 points per game and to play great defense

Damn. which weapon should I use next game??? TD? TP? Manu? SJAX? Diaw?Kawhi? Green? Bonner? Tigao? Neal? James? it's too crazy!!!!

Are you speaking from the point of view of Pop? I'm confused..

Rapper
03-24-2012, 12:49 AM
you know what? when I turned on my laptop in the morning I did not browse spurstalk and any latest news of the spurs. After that. i started to watch the spurs-mavs game on NBATV. I was so sleepy at that time. all of a sudden. I saw a guy who looks like Diaw and i thought that:" who is the guy?"

timvp
03-24-2012, 12:50 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not totally convinced that Rapper isn't Pop.

Rapper
Are you speaking from the point of view of Pop? I'm confused..

certainly~

But don't you feel crazy about that we got a crowd of weapons?

TwelveGs210
Rapper you remind me of "Pat" from 90's SNL.

spurs1990
03-24-2012, 12:55 AM
God help us...what the hell is the playoff rotation going to be???

How can you shorten it to 8 guys when it looks like 13 can play (assuming Mills signs)...

Who gets left out?

housious
03-24-2012, 12:56 AM
One of SJax, Green, Leonard will be left out of the playoff rotation. I have no clue who it will be. I'd bet that it won't be SJax though.

Spurtacus
03-24-2012, 01:21 AM
I hope these weapons show up when it matters the most...playoffs. How many are allowed on the playoff roster this year?

Sean Cagney
03-24-2012, 01:32 AM
One of SJax, Green, Leonard will be left out of the playoff rotation. I have no clue who it will be. I'd bet that it won't be SJax though.

See there is where it gets very confusing! Green has been decent all year, Leonard a valuable rook! Jax we know will be on the roster! Oh man to have these choices, must suck for the coach!

Rapper
03-24-2012, 02:14 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not totally convinced that Rapper isn't Pop.

Haha. I just speak for Pop

stephen jackson
03-24-2012, 02:19 AM
most stacked weve been since 06
watta year

Rapper
03-24-2012, 02:30 AM
i hope these weapons show up when it matters the most...playoffs. How many are allowed on the playoff roster this year?

12???

HazeGray
03-24-2012, 03:16 AM
any chance we can bring robertas javtokas over?

then we shall be COMPLETE!

Rapper
03-24-2012, 04:34 AM
any chance we can bring robertas javtokas over?

then we shall be COMPLETE!

No need man

we are already complete!!

Darkwaters
03-24-2012, 04:47 AM
Theres no such thing as a "Playoff Roster" anymore.

You can have 15 players under contract with only 12 active each night. Players can be moved between the active and inactive list freely between games.

100%duncan
03-24-2012, 06:35 AM
weeeeee staaccckeeddd

Rapper
03-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Theres no such thing as a "Playoff Roster" anymore.

You can have 15 players under contract with only 12 active each night. Players can be moved between the active and inactive list freely between games.

is that true?

ManuTastic
03-24-2012, 07:39 AM
Agreed... I feel incredibly positive about this team, like it's dripping with talent all of a sudden. Long as Manu stays off the IL and Leonard keeps beasting--damn that kid is awesome, esp in a broken floor and around the rim--and obviously Tim and Tony keep up their high level, I actually believe they can do it again this year!

With appropriate contributions from SJax, Diaw, Splitter, Green, Neal etc... But the great thing is I no longer care about Bonner's inevitable playoff freeze-up--just bench him and keep blasting.

8FOR!3
03-24-2012, 08:34 AM
If I had to include one of the wings out of the playoff rotation it'd be Danny Green. But I don't understand why Pop would do that. You've got TP starting at PG, Patrick Mills and Gary Neal getting some minutes backing him up. And Ginobili's your starting SG so you've got Neal backing him up as well. I guess Kawhi and Jax can share some minutes at SG too but those are the small forwards. Kawhi's more of a SF, I haven't been able to watch much Spurs ball since we've traded for Jax, but I'm assuming he's more of a SF at this point in his career. And Parker said Diaw's in shape, but I highly doubt he's in good enough shape to keep up with small forwards.

So I don't see why Green can't be finding some minutes in the playoffs. The energy he brings sure could've helped against the Grizz last year. Honestly, I like him in Ginobili's old role as the 6th man bringing a spark off the bench. He's not going to be nearly as good as Ginobili ever was, but I think he's capable of being pretty efficient.

Without a doubt the best Spurs team I've seen in a while and that includes the year we won in 07. I think it's ours to go out and get, the players/coaches just have to get the job done. Health and consistency are the biggest factors, we know these guys have what it takes, almost half the team's already been there and done that.

SenorSpur
03-24-2012, 09:40 AM
It's true. This team IS really stacked - and not in an unbalanced, non-proportional way. The PF position notwithstanding, they have talent everywhere else. They have depth, defense and scoring - especially at the swing position. With Mills coming aboard as backup PG, hopefully he will be able to allow TP to get some rest during this upcoming stretch drive, toward the end of the season.

It's almost an embarrassment of versatility and balance, that the Spurs now have. Pop, and his coaches, are going to have a some very interesting decisions figuring out the playoff rotation. I agree with others who wonder how he's going to shorten his rotation, when he's got at least 10-12 guys playing well?

therealtruth
03-24-2012, 10:49 AM
If I had to include one of the wings out of the playoff rotation it'd be Danny Green. But I don't understand why Pop would do that. You've got TP starting at PG, Patrick Mills and Gary Neal getting some minutes backing him up. And Ginobili's your starting SG so you've got Neal backing him up as well. I guess Kawhi and Jax can share some minutes at SG too but those are the small forwards. Kawhi's more of a SF, I haven't been able to watch much Spurs ball since we've traded for Jax, but I'm assuming he's more of a SF at this point in his career. And Parker said Diaw's in shape, but I highly doubt he's in good enough shape to keep up with small forwards.

So I don't see why Green can't be finding some minutes in the playoffs. The energy he brings sure could've helped against the Grizz last year. Honestly, I like him in Ginobili's old role as the 6th man bringing a spark off the bench. He's not going to be nearly as good as Ginobili ever was, but I think he's capable of being pretty efficient.

Without a doubt the best Spurs team I've seen in a while and that includes the year we won in 07. I think it's ours to go out and get, the players/coaches just have to get the job done. Health and consistency are the biggest factors, we know these guys have what it takes, almost half the team's already been there and done that.

The versatility means if someone is not getting the job done Pop can go with someone else. In all honesty against the Grizz Parker and GHill didn't get the job done. It would've been nice to go to a guy like DG or KL.

Rapper
03-24-2012, 11:57 AM
It's true. This team IS really stacked - and not in an unbalanced, non-proportional way. The PF position notwithstanding, they have talent everywhere else. They have depth, defense and scoring - especially at the swing position. With Mills coming aboard as backup PG, hopefully he will be able to allow TP to get some rest during this upcoming stretch drive, toward the end of the season.

It's almost an embarrassment of versatility and balance, that the Spurs now have. Pop, and his coaches, are going to have a some very interesting decisions figuring out the playoff rotation. I agree with others who wonder how he's going to shorten his rotation, when he's got at least 10-12 guys playing well?

This. totally agreed

BackHome
03-24-2012, 12:38 PM
It is funny how things can change so fast when Manu got hurt we were all thinking of who we are going to draft at number 15. Now we have a good chance of winning another championship....Not going to be easy but we got the players and talent to go far.

Rapper
03-25-2012, 12:53 AM
If i were Pop i would rest Timmy next game