PDA

View Full Version : Birthers Demand too see Romney Birth Certificate

Nbadan
03-24-2012, 12:45 AM
No, you read that right. You might think birthers are crazy conspiracy theorists, but you can't say they're inconsistent. The fringe group of politicians and concerned voters who have long dogged President Obama for "proof" that he is a natural born citizen are now targeting Mitt Romney. They demand that the California Secretary of State produce evidence that Mitt is eligible to run for president. One birther explains that Romney's citizenship is up for debate because his dad was born in Mexico. Thats right, Mitt Romney's father was born in the Mexican colony that Mitt's great-grandfather founded after fleeing the United States so he could stay married to Romney's four great-grandmothers. Let's all just let that sink in for a moment.

http://now.msn.com/now/0322-romney-vs-birthers.aspx

Poor Ricky Santorum still ignored....

Is he jumping up and down yelling "HEY my father was born in Italy and grew up there for a few years."

boutons_deux
03-24-2012, 10:51 AM
"so he could stay married to Romney's four great-grandmothers"

Mormon cult thinks polygamy is fine (until they crumpled in the face of GOVT persecution, but probably still think their reading of the Bible and Joe Smith's fantasies says polygamy is fine AND encoursaged AND God's will. iow, just another way for "religious" men to suppress and exploit women), but they'll spend many $Ms to defeat same-sex marriage in California (and probably elsewhere).

TheProfessor
03-24-2012, 01:19 PM
"so he could stay married to Romney's four great-grandmothers"

Mormon cult thinks polygamy is fine (until they crumpled in the face of GOVT persecution, but probably still think their reading of the Bible and Joe Smith's fantasies says is fine AND encoursaged AND God's will. iow, just another way for "religious" men to suppress and exploit women), but they'll spend many $Ms to defeat same-sex marriage in California (and probably elsewhere).
Do you actually know any Mormons?

boutons_deux
03-24-2012, 01:31 PM
I don't know, maybe some closeted Mormons or LDS. Why?

TheSullyMonster
03-24-2012, 04:28 PM
One birther explains that Romney's citizenship is up for debate because his dad was born in Mexico.

What does that have to do with anything? He was born in Detroit.

xrayzebra
03-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Detroit, isn't where they import Chrysler's from?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Do you actually know any Mormons?

I do and their sacred vestments include underwear. Mormon's are nice as hell people but they believe some really stupid shit.

TheProfessor
03-24-2012, 06:38 PM
I do and their sacred vestments include underwear. Mormon's are nice as hell people but they believe some really stupid shit.
I don't care about secret underwear. I'm talking about lumping all of them together as polygamist heathen in an attempt to make Romney look worse. It's disgusting.

Wild Cobra
03-24-2012, 07:05 PM
I don't care about secret underwear. I'm talking about lumping all of them together as polygamist heathen in an attempt to make Romney look worse. It's disgusting.
Yep.

It's like stereotyping Blacks, Latinos, Muslims, etc.

spursncowboys
03-24-2012, 07:19 PM

All the mormons I met in my life never believed that.

boutons_deux
03-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Since Americans vote stupid criteria like religion, "have a beer with him" rather than rational criteria, Willard Gecko's Mormonism (no one called him a polygamist), which is a big part of his life, is very important to Christians, and why many of them would prefer not to vote for him, although the Christian leadership being, politicians and money grubbers, are more ready to vote for whatever clown the Repug circus throws up.

TheProfessor
03-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Since Americans vote stupid criteria like religion, "have a beer with him" rather than rational criteria, Willard Gecko's Mormonism (no one called him a polygamist)

Mormon cult thinks polygamy is fine (until they crumpled in the face of GOVT persecution, but probably still think their reading of the Bible and Joe Smith's fantasies says polygamy is fine AND encoursaged AND God's will. iow, just another way for "religious" men to suppress and exploit women)
Does it hurt to contort yourself like that?

which is a big part of his life, is very important to Christians, and why many of them would prefer not to vote for him, although the Christian leadership being, politicians and money grubbers, are more ready to vote for whatever clown the Repug circus throws up.
If you're saying that Americans will decide not to vote for Romney because he's Mormon, sure. But that's more an indictment of them than Romney or the Republican leadership (as you say, "stupid criteria"). There are plenty of reasons to dislike Romney other than his religion. The vast majority of Mormons I know are good people who work hard and raise their kids the right way, regardless of political affiliation.

boutons_deux
03-24-2012, 07:58 PM

Yonivore
03-24-2012, 08:05 PM
He should have no problem producing a birth certificate. The fucking Mormons kept book on just about everyone ever born in that Salt Lake City palace of theirs.

And, the Mormon's magic bag of rocks isn't any different than the Catholic's infallible Pope with a Direct lineage to Peter.

boutons_deux
03-24-2012, 08:07 PM
"Mormon's magic bag of rocks isn't any different than the Catholic's infallible Pope with a Direct lineage to Peter."

They're different.

Wild Cobra
03-24-2012, 08:30 PM
The vast majority of Mormons I know are good people who work hard and raise their kids the right way, regardless of political affiliation.
I completely agree.

The best people I have ever known have been either Mormon, or Quaker.

Yonivore
03-24-2012, 08:35 PM
The vast majority of Mormons I know are good people who work hard and raise their kids the right way, regardless of political affiliation.
I agree, as well. I admire those guys that go off and evangelize for two years. We have a couple that have been hanging around our neighborhood for a while now. Very pleasant.

I still don't get the magic bag of rocks any more than how the Catholic Church can claim a direct connection to Peter when they didn't even get started for a couple hundred years after the death of Christ and his disciples -- including Peter...whom they claim as the founder of Catholicism.

Yonivore
03-24-2012, 08:35 PM
And, I like their television commercials.

Wild Cobra
03-24-2012, 08:42 PM
And, I like their television commercials.
They also put their money where their mouth is.

I don't have to agree with someone's beliefs to have respect for them.

Yonivore
03-24-2012, 08:44 PM
They also put their money where their mouth is.

I don't have to agree with someone's beliefs to have respect for them.
Nope. :toast

Agloco
03-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Well.........I think we've established that Mormons are good people.

fwiw

FuzzyLumpkins
03-25-2012, 01:19 AM
All the mormons I met in my life never believed that.

They were involved in the opening of a temple in san antonio and in order to go inside you had to be pure and part of being pure and clean was the sacred vestments. those vestments include underwear. Its mormon orthodoxy. Its not a matter of belief, its a matter of the priests will prevent you from entering.

Catholic Orthodoxy demands you jump through hoops to take communion. its the membership requirements of the order.

Winehole23
03-25-2012, 01:24 AM
dp

Winehole23
03-25-2012, 01:24 AM
lol "the fucking Mormons"

Halberto
03-25-2012, 01:57 AM
Since Americans vote stupid criteria like religion, "have a beer with him" rather than rational criteria, Willard Gecko's Mormonism (no one called him a polygamist), which is a big part of his life, is very important to Christians, and why many of them would prefer not to vote for him, although the Christian leadership being, politicians and money grubbers, are more ready to vote for whatever clown the Repug circus throws up.

Commas: 8
Periods: 1
Grammar: FAIL

boutons_deux
03-25-2012, 07:33 AM
diagram it, it's perfectly correct grammar, although the idea density greatly exceeds you sound-bite-polluted pea brain.

ChumpDumper
03-25-2012, 11:19 AM
He should have no problem producing a birth certificate. The fucking Mormons kept book on just about everyone ever born in that Salt Lake City palace of theirs.:lol

And, the Mormon's magic bag of rocks isn't any different than the Catholic's infallible Pope with a Direct lineage to Peter.No different than any of your religious beliefs either.

JoeChalupa
03-25-2012, 11:31 AM
:sleep

boutons_deux
03-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Romney’s cousin: Mormonism is a ‘fraud’

Park points to one of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint’s foundational documents, the Book of Abraham, which church founder Joseph Smith claimed to have translated from an Egyptian scroll.

After examining the translation, British Assyriologist Dr. Archibald Henry Sayce determined that it was “difficult to deal with Joseph Smith’s impudent fraud.”

“His facsimile from the Book of Abraham No. 2 is an ordinary hypocephalus, but the hieroglyphics upon it have been copied to ignorantly that hardly one of them is correct,” Sayce wrote.

London University’s Dr. W. M. Flinders Petrie also agreed (PDF) “that there is not one single word that is true in these explanations.”

But Harvard Kennedy School Prof. Robert Putnam told BBC that the former Massachusetts governor’s religion is not often questioned in the U.S. because Americans value freedom of religion.

“It’s not something you’re supposed to talk about,” Putnam said. “Whenever the issue of Romney’s Mormonism has come to the surface, there’s been lots of condemnation across the political spectrum for raising the issue of his religion.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/26/romneys-cousin-mormonism-is-a-fraud/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29&utm_content=Google+Reader

=======

So 14M Mormons means it's a legit religion and not a cult?

Winehole23
03-26-2012, 01:48 PM
for me it's not so much the grammar as the chili dog style. there's stuff falling out both ends.

GSH
03-26-2012, 08:52 PM
I don't give a damn where he was born. I just expect him to respect the Constitution enough to provide his birth certificate to prove that he meets the requirements.

Winehole23
03-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Romney?

GSH
03-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Romney?

Yes, Romney. I don't have any doubts that Obama is a citizen. I have a real problem with him refusing, for so long, to simply provide proof. And I would feel exactly the same way about Romney. In fact, if anyone is calling for it now that he has declared himself a candidate, he should cough it up without delay.

My daughter signed up for a dual credit course in high school. (HS and college credit.) She accidentally checked a box that said that one of her parents had been in the military. You wouldn't believe the amount of documentation we had to hand over, including birth certificates, to finally straighten it out.

I lived overseas for some extended periods of time. I had to provide my birth certificate several times. I think I even had to show it at the embassy for the apostille when we sold our house back here. It's unbelievable to me that someone applying for the highest office in the land would refuse to provide his, when there is a Constitutional requirement that he be a natural born citizen. It's not difficult, it's not an insult, it's a job requirement.

And, yeah, if it turns out that Romney isn't a natural born citizen, kick him out of the race, even if it means running someone who can't win.

Nbadan
03-27-2012, 07:16 PM
This is ridiculous, all the candidates are vetted by the Secret Service....

GSH
03-27-2012, 07:36 PM
This is ridiculous, all the candidates are vetted by the Secret Service....

Are you a secret agent, Nbadan?

clambake
03-27-2012, 07:38 PM
it sounds like you'll run out of ax to grind.