PDA

View Full Version : How Good is Kevin Love really?

Calispursfan11
03-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Let me start by saying that I don't like Kevin Love. His comments about being the best power forward in the game annoyed me. But his recent play suggests that he is actually doing something to back up his douchey statement. So that brings us to what some might consider a leap - but it's a legit question based on how he has carried the T Wolves: Can Kevin Love rank up there with some of the greatest power forwards of all time? He lacks any appreciable hardware, but it's hard to ignore what he's been doing this season. His stats are beyond incredible.

Is he close to Barkley, Malone, Mchale in the greater scheme of things or can he be? Can you even compare those guys to Love? He's on a mediocre team. The others were all on great teams. Is he better than Aldridge, Griffin or even Timmy right now? Personally I think he is right up there in the current NBA if not at the very top, but despite his ridiculous stats, he isn't approaching Mailman or round mound status yet. There's also that x-factor the legends have brought to their teams - clutchness and winning that I have not seen from Love yet.

Thoughts?

Giuseppe
03-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Let's see him after the first 82 first.

Calispursfan11
03-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Let's see him after the first 82 first.

You think he would diminish in a full season or the opposite?

Giuseppe
03-24-2012, 01:10 PM
I think after the first 82 he'll find they won't let him breath and he'll have nary back up plan.

pass1st
03-24-2012, 01:34 PM
A PF or C with no D isn't close to the greats

Leetonidas
03-24-2012, 01:38 PM
His defense is atrocious so he will never be considered among the greats. I can't believe some Minny fans are already saying he's better than KG :lmao

Giuseppe
03-24-2012, 01:41 PM
^The KG bar is truncated. Justifiably.